PDA

View Full Version : Error installing SEQ on RH Limbo w/ qt 3.0.5

matrix
08-07-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm now trying to install the latest version of Showeq (got it from CVS today) on a fresh install of RedHat (beta) Limbo. RedHat Limbo comes with qt 3.0.5 and pressumably gcc3.1 and should therefore work out of the box with the --enable-old-compiler command when doing the ./configure.

That doesn't seem to be the case though. I tried installing qt-2.3.2 and just can't seem to get that to work. I tried Zaphod's precompiled gcc3 qt2.3.2 rpm's to no avail. Anyhow, I would really like to get Showeq working with my existing 3.0.5. My config log file is attached to the post for all the information you need, thanks.

Cryonic
08-07-2002, 04:12 PM
If it comes with gcc 3.1, then why are you using the --with-old-compiler option???? That is for getting it to work with gcc 2.9.x

also, the log suggests that it is having problems find QT.

matrix
08-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Still a problem locating the Qt Library, as shown in the log, when I just do a normal "./configure" (log is exactly the same when doing a ./configure --enable-old-compiler and ./configure though in the future I will just leave that option out).

It gets the Qt Path correct though. I had the same exact problem when I compiled qt-2.3.2 with gcc3 on RH 7.3 -- showeq couldn't locate the qt library but could locate the qt path.

Cryonic
08-07-2002, 05:03 PM
QTDIR=/path/to/qt
PATH=$PATH:$QTDIR/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$QTDIR/lib
export QTDIR PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

matrix
08-07-2002, 09:00 PM
I solved the ./configure problem and am now doing a Make.

Solution:

Originally posted by Morannon
I had this problem when I rebuilt SEQ after my HD died this weekend.

Didnt spend too long trying to fix it 'elegantly' =P

Im not sure what previous versions looked like, but qglobal does :

#define QT_VERSION 0x030005
#define QT_VERSION_STR "3.0.5"

I changed my configure script as follows :

Lines 6812-6816 deal with getting the version.

I added :

qt_major_version=3
qt_minor_version=0
qt_major_build=5

At line 6817 - just before the qt_lib_minor_ver= line

Built fine after this.

IN SIMPLER TERMS for people experiencing this issue:

Open the "configure" file in the Showeq directory in some sort of text editor (such as Emacs). I did "emacs configure" and then search for the string "qt_lib_minor_ver=" and add this right before it:

qt_major_version=3
qt_minor_version=0
qt_major_build=5

It will then correctly detect your qt-3.0.5 library directory.

BTW Thanks for the reply Cryonic