PDA

View Full Version : Mandrake 9 beta 2 compile errors

jctw5
08-09-2002, 01:10 PM
Loaded Mandrake 9 beta 2 and verified I had all the libraries. Some where updated (ie libstdc++3.0 was 3.1). Did not see an option to include libtool-libs

After intial make, I edited the configure file to recognize version for qt

qt_major_version=3
qt_minor_version=0
qt_major_build=5

This allowed me to run configure.

On the final make, I now get an error

interface.o: In function `EQInterface::setTheme(int)':
/root/showeq/src/interface.cpp:5133: undefined reference to `QCDEStyle::QCDEStyle[in-charge](bool)'
/root/showeq/src/interface.cpp:5167: undefined reference to `QSGIStyle::QSGIStyle[in-charge](bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I've done some searching but have run into a dead end with this one.

high_jeeves
08-09-2002, 01:19 PM
Well, Mandrake 9 is Beta, and is not a supported platform for ShowEQ. It looks like they are not providing a full version of QT with their distro... You could try building your own version for ShowEQ, or downgrading to a supported distro.

--Jeeves

jctw5
08-09-2002, 01:26 PM
yeah, would love too. Testing a new system with new chipset. Not sure why, but it won't install anything but either the mandrake beta 9, or redhat beta 8.

Seen some post from others that they got it working, yet I can't seem to find the magic key

fryfrog
08-09-2002, 02:39 PM
try downloading qt-2.3.2 and compiling that with gcc3 (or, i think those actually are USING gcc3 anyway) and just use THAT version of qt. semi-general consensus is that qt-2.3.2 works better for showeq anyway :)

jctw5
08-12-2002, 07:56 AM
compiled the qt-2.3.2. Didn't have to make any changes to get it to compile.

Now I'm back to the problem of

>> Found version.: 2.3.2
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?

I verified my QTDIR and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are correct.

I'm sure I'm missing a step.

high_jeeves
08-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Did you compile qt with the compile flags necessary for ShowEQ? If you didnt, please go read the build instructions.

Also, more detail in questions is better than less detail. The "I typed in some command, and something bad happened, can you fix it?" type questions dont get you very far.

--Jeeves