PDA

View Full Version : Tracing PCs IP Addresses

astrolhou
08-12-2002, 09:53 AM
It this has been answered please point me to the thread. I tried using search and did not find any kind of relate info.

The point is I am trying to find out if there is a way to get someone else's IP address. Or all network data is sent through VI Servers?
Like group members , or someone that sends you a tell or say msgs. shouts, /gui, casting on you. Etc

Thanks in advance.

S_B_R
08-12-2002, 10:30 AM
In short No. You don't receive any information directly from individual players. All data comes in from the server(s). And any messages sent From you to another player go from you to the server and then from the server to the target player.

PawnOrc
08-14-2002, 02:11 PM
Just ask them. If you have a legit reason and they consent, why don't you ask?

I know, the answer is simple.

LordCrush
08-15-2002, 07:22 AM
Your Question is not really clear.

But i guess you mean you want to find out the IP of s.o. who sends yu a /tell /gc /shout or something.

You cant - the info is send to from the eq-client to the eq-zone-server that serves the zone you are plaing in or if you are on a chatchannel to the world server where you are playing. Thease servers send the information to all clients that are affected. There is no peer to peer communication in EQ ( thnx god or the programmers :D ). Because of that you cannot track the IP form that a msg was send.

If you searching s.o. who spams you, you have to ask VI to find that person.