PDA

View Full Version : Showeq slows down after a few zones

Frank25
08-17-2002, 07:18 AM
I've noticed lately that if i'm in a certain zone and die a few times and get ressed each time i come back ShowEq is a lot slower.
The lil tab that comes up over mobs when your mouse hovers takes about 5 min to display data.
Movement is still visible but also after the fact.

It seems like each time you zone back to the SAME zone it gets slower.
If i just zone from zone to zone to zone it's no problem.

Restarting SEQ before a rez seems to solve the problem, but i was wondering if there is a different solution or if this is a new problem that i discovered (yay! :P)

Thnx in advance

fryfrog
08-17-2002, 07:22 AM
normally, showeq stays open for days and weeks at a time on my computer. i dont always fight in the same place, but since i play a war and a cleric (and die more than i should) i DO rez myself once or twice at least. i've not really noticed this.

if you get rezed into the zone, then zone somewhere else or camp out/in is it still slow? or does it then speed up?

what kind of system are you using?

Cambik
08-17-2002, 09:44 AM
I have been experiencing the same problem myself. The way I have managed to resolve this is just closing the map and then reopening it a couple times. this seems to resolves the problem for the most part. I have just figured it was because I was running showeq on a slower system......hope this helps

Cam

monster69
08-17-2002, 03:25 PM
I have seen this problem some too. Not do to a slow machine as the laptop running SEQ is 800Mhz.

I have been able to get past the problem by hitting Ctrl-Alt-T (toggles the menu bar at the top and also resizes the map). I believe resizing the map is what actually corrects it.

Monster