PDA

View Full Version : Thank you very much ShowEQ staff and generous members of the community.

Undead
08-17-2002, 10:39 PM
I've known about ShowEQ for quite some time. (probably over a year) I never took the time to try it out for myself mostly because of lack of knowledge and hardware.

However, I recently aquired the hardware to set up a ShowEQ box and with the convincing of a friend (which wasn't much), I decided to attempt to set it up.

Well, thanks to the FAQs, the walkthroughs (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup), and the posts of other knowledgeable and generous members, I have it working.

I finished all of the major stuff tonight, tested it, and found it in good working order. Although, I didn't and still don't know hardly anything about linux, I was able to pull this off. Another thing I'd like to thank everyone here for is helping me to make the jump into Linux. I've wanted to learn a little bit about it for a while and this was the push I needed. I may not know much now, but I'm on my way.

...just letting you guys know that you're right to critisize and make fun of Linux McNewbie who comes here asking for help without reading the information that's out there and available. I am Linux McNewbie and I did it without a hitch.

Thank you guys.

(sorry for the rather long topic name. lol)

Also, for those interested, I'm running this on:

Linux RedHat 7.2 (fresh install)
200 MHz Pentium
96 MB Ram

Cable Modem
3Com 8 port hub
1 3com Nic, 1 Kingston Nic

high_jeeves
08-17-2002, 11:00 PM
Congrats on getting it set up... just another proof that it is possible to do without thousands of moronic questions!

Grats!

--Jeeves

LordCrush
08-18-2002, 02:05 AM
Woot Congratz - and thnx for the post :)

fgc
08-20-2002, 05:12 AM
been usin SEQ for a little over a year now. Was somewhat of a Linux n00b when I started using. 'cause of seq and a few other progs, I know alot more about Linux now. Great job guys!