PDA

View Full Version : unknown mobs

bighead
08-22-2002, 04:15 AM
ok i cant get anything to show up all i get is a list of unknowns is there a way if any to fix this problem?

Dedpoet
08-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Ugh, we will need a LOT more information to help you with this. I suggest starting with the FAQ (http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html). This is probably a networking issue. My psychic powers tell me you are probably using some sort of broadband router (possibly a Linksys), which is a switch, instead of a true hub. Read that document and if it doesn't answer your question, post again with as much information as possible, including hardware, distribution, what you have tried so far, version of QT, etc.

My psychic powers also tell me, "Incoming: Wrath of high_jeeves!"

fryfrog
08-22-2002, 06:34 AM
showeq is working as intended, for certain people it just will not decode. its part of its detection routines. try placing someone else in front of the monitor when you compile showeq and it might work. your mother or father would probably work, but lacking them i would try any pets you own. good luck.

Mr. Suspicious
08-22-2002, 07:21 AM
fryfrog:
but lacking them i would try any pets you own.

I can confirm this! Always when my cat is sitting next to or in front of the monitor *which is almost always* it decodes realy fast and I see no unkown mobs.

flipper
08-22-2002, 11:14 AM
LOL, wow tough crowd in here.

I'm too much of a newb to really help, but I would think that if he had a router/switch instead of a hub that he wouldn't have anything showing up in SEQ. Getting all unknowns makes me think that he might have a stale version of showeq and libeq.

Cryonic
08-22-2002, 11:50 AM
or is in a low pop zone since SEQ NEEDS mobs to spawn to decode the zone.

flobee
08-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Yeah, sometimes I need to summon my horse, click eye of zomm necklace or make a pet and it decodes. Not too often though.

How long have you left it alone and decided it wasn't going to decode? How is your packet loss? *shrug*

swoll
08-27-2002, 04:15 PM
I'm having a simalar problem. I currently run a hub between the 2 pc's I'm using, which goes out to a linksys router. Running redhat 7.3 on my one pc and win 2k on the other. I built the install with the default software that came with 7.3 (as advised by a friend, after spending 3 days trying to get gcc and qt right) and got it up and working fine, sniffing packets well. I've read just about all the Faq although I probably overlooked something - I couldnt be sure.

So, here's the problem: I have all the spawns on my map, but no map info or spawn names, and most of the info doesnt come out right, on the left side bar, just location. Wondering what I need to do to fix this. Do I need to rebuild using gcc 3.0.1 and qt 2.3.2? Used Gcc 2.96 and QT 3.0

Any advise greatly appreciated, flame on fellas.

high_jeeves
08-27-2002, 04:26 PM
The fact that you were able to build at all without gcc3 means that you are using an old (actually, ancient) version of ShowEQ. Please read the FAQ, walkthroughs and INSTALL.newbies for installation instructions.

--Jeeves