PDA

View Full Version : I have searched HONEST

MarkJames
08-22-2002, 12:54 PM
ok i have installed rh7.2 and SHEQ many times and have even helped people on here but i am absolutely stuck on this one :(

Fresh install of RH7.2 with the EVERYTHING tab selected, come to boards download seq.txt from redhat install as i have done many times.

bash seq.txt and watch it start all quite nicely .. please bear in mind this is all FROM an X Session in a term window, it gets all through downloading and starts to compile then falls over with Cannot find X includes ???

X is running so how can it not find them ..

Very confussed

Mark

TIA

high_jeeves
08-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Well, for grins, I searched.. found 4 threads with the answer... The main one being the walkthrough (the information is also contained in README.newbies).

Make sure you have all required rpms installed. Also, you dont need header files to run a program, they are need to build. Running X != having X header files.

--Jeeves

Mr. Suspicious
08-22-2002, 02:02 PM
MarkJames shows exactly the reason why running those bash seq.txt files (so you do not have to think yourself and as a result don't learn while doing it) is a bad idea.

Just follow the INSTALL.newbies file (found in your showeq directory) step-by-step and you should be ok (don't use command line scripts) you can also find the INSTALL.newbies file if you click on CVS on the top of tis page:

CVS -> Browse CVS repository -> ShowEQ -> INSTALL.newbies -> View