PDA

View Full Version : Icons for CGI?

arantius
08-27-2002, 02:48 PM
Ok I'll bite. Yes I searched, no I didn't find anything. Where am I supposed to get, or what am I supposed to do to correctly install the icons for the CGI that I built with ShowEQ?

Dedpoet
08-27-2002, 04:07 PM
I believe this is still an ongoing issue. A search for "cgi" (http://seq.sourceforge.net/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=20042&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) shows several threads, but I don't recall seeing a solution to the cgi issue yet.

darkgrue
11-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Old thread, but I was wondering what the CGI programs were supposed to do, and soon arrived at the same point, where was the icon files supposed to come from? They're all stored client-side AFAIK. Well, I'm not sure where they were originally intended to come from, or how, but after a few afternoons of puttering around, this works:

RipEQItem (http://www.gue-tech.org/everquest/eqitem/)

Drops the files into the same naming convention that the CGI programs expect. Interesting matrix transforms... it's so nice what you can do with Perl data structures!

Better have some disk space free... the icons take up a pretty healthy chunk of space (mostly due to insane consumption of slack space by itty-bitty files).

Requires Perl and ImageMagick (binaries and source for those two packages are available for your favorite platform elsewhere).

Now to figure out why drawmap.cgi always returns a pitch-black image... :confused:

Vertigo1
11-15-2002, 09:22 AM
I like this EQ Item icon ripper. Excellent tool.

What I need to know is why I cannot compile showeq with the --enable-cgi and --enable-cgi-icons. I get crashes every time.

and how do I enable itemdb in the new XML conf file?

Cryonic
11-15-2002, 10:17 AM
You can't get cgi to compile because GD (the graphics library) no longer supports GIF due to the owner of the patent demanding royalty money. Unless the cgi stuff is rewritten to use png or jpeg, it won't work.

Vertigo1
11-15-2002, 10:45 AM
argg... that would explain this error then....

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=true -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c -o drawmap.o `test -f 'drawmap.cpp' || echo './'`drawmap.cpp
drawmap.cpp: In function `void paintMap()':
drawmap.cpp:529: `gdImageGif' undeclared (first use this function)
drawmap.cpp:529: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [drawmap.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Vertigo1
11-15-2002, 10:46 AM
FIX0RED!

I made a cheesy band-aid fix. BUT. it works.

in ../src/drawmap.cpp line 524

/* Output image */
#ifdef HAVE_GD_IMAGEPNG
gdImagePng(im, stdout);
#else
gdImageGif(im, stdout);
#endif

/* Destroy image */
gdImageDestroy(im);

BOLD is the ONLY reference to gdImageGif. Since it cannot find that function in the libs it dies. I simply /* commented */ out that part and it compiles and works flawless. I put it to the devs to edit the CVS portion to reflect this tiny change.

http://www.trilogytech.net/itemsearch.html **I made a HTML to point to the search instead of listitem.cgi dumping out my whole database..**

**EDIT** Wrong URL.. sowwy..

Ratt
11-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Someone rip those icon beasts out of their shell and tar them up... I'll put them in the CVS or somewhere for download.

high_jeeves
11-15-2002, 05:20 PM
All the icons are located in files in the custom Ui directory.. just grab those files. There are 36 or so icons per file.. they are probably very easily indexed too. Dont even need to put them into CVS (since, those are in fact copyrighted...)

--Jeeves

Vertigo1
11-15-2002, 05:42 PM
DONE Hope you got em, before I removed link!