PDA

View Full Version : Cant Find

Thegreat
08-28-2002, 01:49 AM
Hey I cant find any V of seq I had it a long time ago and stoped playing so I would like to get it back can anyone direct me to a link or email me. LET THE FLAME FLY

casey
08-28-2002, 02:17 AM
look on this very page, a bit up, above your first post. Just before the white background gives way to the purple. Now look over to the right, the link that says "CVS". Click on that, and read the instructions for anonymous CVS access, then proceed to follow them.

Thegreat
08-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Well when I get to CVS I search for it and I see that there are no files for seq for download.

high_jeeves
08-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Read the FAQ! Or atleast follow the instructions casey gave you (yes, read them closely, and follow them)

--Jeeves

flipper
08-28-2002, 05:40 PM
In defense of our friend who didn't RTFM, the sourceforge CVS does not work the same as days of old. Nothing is listed if you click the link to browse the CVS repository and then click the link for showeq. This used to show the SEQ files. Instead of showing files it says...

NOTE: There are XXX files, but none match the current tag ()
where XXX is the # of files in a given directory.

I think you'll be ok if you just follow the cvs download instructions and load the files onto your linux box.

The board trolls here are quick to pull the "RTFM, you idiot" trigger because... ummm.... well, there are a lot of idiots out there. ;)

Mr. Suspicious
08-28-2002, 06:42 PM
Nothing is listed if you click the link to browse the CVS repository and then click the link for showeq. This used to show the SEQ files. Instead of showing files it says...

That's not true, I browse the CVS repository (AND read through the contents of the files) that way constantly.

monster69
08-28-2002, 08:16 PM
I tried it myself after I saw the post and it appears sourceforge has changed the "browse CVS repository" in the way that was mentioned.

Monster

edit: Err, it was true, about 30 minutes or so ago...

Seems to be fixed now.

/shrug

flipper
08-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Suspicious

That's not true, I browse the CVS repository (AND read through the contents of the files) that way constantly.

It was true earlier today. Sourceforge must have experienced some technical difficulties that have now been resolved.

Thegreat
08-31-2002, 09:05 PM
Hey I think I didnt install CVS when I installed mandrake 8.1 is there a way I can rip it off the cd? as u can see I dont know linux all that well.

What FAQ?
09-03-2002, 10:16 AM
i would sugest you go here first for any info for 8.1
http://hackersquest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=275

but i will give it a shot lol.

in mandrake 8.1 you can go to the "start" menu go up to configuration then to package management? i think that is the name. then to one of the rpm managers there. (this is all from memory as i am at work atm so it may not be exact lol)

once you have it open check to make sure you have all the packages listed (keep in mind this is the package list for redhat 7 point something or another and the names may differ a bit.)

XFree86-devel *copied from the link above*
XFree86-libs
BerkeleyDB
BerkeleyDB-devel
autoconf
automake
db1
db1-devel
db2
db2-devel
db3-utils
gcc3.0
gcc3.0-c++
libstdc++3.0
libstdc++3.0-devel
libdb3.2
libdb3.2-devel
libdbtcl3.2
libpcap0
libpcap0-devel
libgdbm2
libgdbm2-devel
pine **for pico

kernel-headers
glibc-devel
cvs
patch
make
m4
libtool
libtool-libs
binutils
libpng
libpng-devel
libjpeg
libjpeg-devel
libmng
libmng-devel
freetype

dont even try to compile till ya get the packages installed it will just cause headaches.

P.S. i HIGHLY recomend checking out the destructions on that link. thats the main thing that got me through the install.

Yes i know my spelling isnt the best, but at least my gramer sucks.