PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Link

Dedpoet
08-28-2002, 07:40 AM
Ratt, would it be possible to put a link to the Seq FAQ on the page that the purple faq link points to? I know there is the flame warning link on the main page, but it doesn't specifically say FAQ, and the faq link at the top is the faq for the forum, not the program itself.

Just a thought...

Mr. Suspicious
08-28-2002, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't go through all that trouble, studies (and personal experience of about all the regulars on the board) show that you can Allcap, Typefont 153, put it in red/greem/yellow/blue with flashy pointers, give the title "PRESS HERE", people won't stop posting the obvious silly questions.

Hmm.. perhaps if you label it "WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT READ THIS!!!!" and people would then click and read it first.... prolly not tho.

fryfrog
08-28-2002, 09:56 AM
i'm with the poet, i think it should be more along the lines of "Read the FAQ first, then use the search". also, i think that it should be in the help forum itself as well as on the main page.

can you make it part of the agreement when you sign up? you agree that you will look at the faq and use the search :)

TDES
08-28-2002, 11:13 AM
Just make the "New Thread" button link to the FAQ. hehe

SlowNLazy
08-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Suspicious
you can Allcap, Typefont 153, put it in red/greem/yellow/blue with flashy pointers, give the title "PRESS HERE

Hmm ... wonder if using the following words in a particular order linking to a split frame showing the FAQ & Seach page might decrease the number of silly repeat posts?

S3X - FR33 - T33N - NUD3 - TW1N - BL0ND3 - R3DH3Ad

Then again, that would probably only attract more from the same age group that obviously can't use a search button... Which, to be honest, is odd considering they know how to use a search when looking for illicit materials :D