PDA

View Full Version : Bummer

flippyflinger
08-29-2002, 02:46 PM
I was so freaking excited when I burned down one of my spare computers and installed RH7.3 for the first time. I got it all setup correctly and installed SEQ.

I was on cloud nine :D

I loaded up EQ and proceeded to play the game and ran to KC as fast as I could because I wanted to see what mobs were up and who was carrying what.

Then the bummer hit... SEQ doesn't show what items the mob will drop when you kill it. :eek: OMFG!

I had no idea... call me a lamer (here I will do it... "LAMER!") but I had no idea that SEQ doesn't show the items that the mob will drop if you kill it.

So bummed... :(

Dedpoet
08-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Sorry to disappoint. That question is actually in the faq (http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html). The server doesn't send the loot info of a mob until you actually loot it. Seq does plenty of other wonderful things though. Enjoy.

fryfrog
08-29-2002, 03:49 PM
to expand on that... i have found an "oddity" that can be partially useful. it would seem that if the mob shows up as wearing a helm, you can infer what it might drop. for some reason, IF they have a "helm" loot, they will wear it.

i have killed 3 or 4 elysians in umbral plains with chain helms showing up in seq as their "Helm" item. all times, they dropped the elysian crown. also, on a semi-named grantu moktar (sp?) he was wearing a helm and dropped a helm. kinda nice, but personally i wish they would fix it. as much as i like seq, having it predict loot would be a general bad thing.

check out the faq... you will see that it CAN help with loot prediction if it is a certain item (of course, you can usually SEE it too). it can tell you which will drop sarnak battle shields in chardok and if the lammy mob in seb will drop a lammy (cause they both use it)