PDA

View Full Version : EFF Contributions Update

Ratt
08-29-2002, 11:06 PM
I think I got everyone tagged that I could identify. If you sent in a donation and aren't tagged, please send me a PM with the email/amount you sent it from and I'll get you tagged ASAP.

So far we've collected over $300 for the EFF!

Hobo
08-30-2002, 06:44 AM
$300? Wow...nice start. Hope it continues and soon surpasses 3k.

Bo

datadog
09-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Im not sure what percentage of the board users responded, or exactly how long you have been collecting, even if $300 is 'good'. But hey, its a start.

This is defininately a worthy cause.

TuxedoTex
09-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Is there a way to contribute to this fund without having to use plastic that'll go to the SEQ contribution amount?

Ratt
09-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Yes. PayPal will go directly from a bank account if you set it up that way, no need to use plastic.

fryfrog
09-16-2002, 11:20 AM
i've heard some BAAAAD things about paypal and putting your real bank info in there. there is absolutly NOOOOOO "fraud" protection that way, like you get with a CC card. i would say that sending a check to ratt is safer.

bonkersbobcat
09-16-2002, 03:38 PM
If you don't want to use a CC and you don't want to link up your bank account, you can deposit to paypal with a check.

You can also go to a bank that offers "free checking" and open an account that you can link to services such as paypal and only keep up a minimal balance, that you are not overly concerned about.

Yueh
09-16-2002, 04:13 PM
While we're listing safe options, some credit card companies (MBNA is one, not an endorsement just the only one I know for sure) provide the ability to generate single use credit card numbers that will allow you to authorize a single transaction for a fixed amount just once, after which, the number is no longer valid. After dealing with online fraud, I would strongly reccomend this route, or manually doing the same thing like bonkers suggested.

TuxedoTex
09-16-2002, 05:40 PM
I'll look in to those suggestions. Thanks!

Hell, I'd send a money order to Ratt with no problem. Even if he used part or all of it to go get wasted on, I figure the man's deserved it for the work he's put into this project.

high energy
04-26-2003, 04:08 PM
I did a search on donation and couldn't find the information needed to become a contributing member. I remember seeing this information once on the old ui, but I'm a bit lost on the new site redesign.

Anyone have information on this so I can at least "buy a clue"? :)

AnotherCoreDump
04-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Yo!

You didn't miss it by far, just check the Announcement in this forum or click http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=4 ....