PDA

View Full Version : Spawn time help

Aelorean
08-30-2002, 02:47 PM
Ok -- I've been using ShowEQ for a while now, and there's one thing I can't seem to figure out. How can you "train" ShowEQ to remember the spawn time on a certain spawn, without having to wait for one rotation every time you're in the zone.

For example, when I go to a zone to hunt a particular mob, it ALWAYS spawns after 10 minutes; however, I always have to wait for about 1 or 2 spawn cycles before ShowEQ will tell me the "time to spawn" for that particular mob EACH time I'm in that zone.

Am I missing something, or is this just the way ShowEQ is set up?

I have a spawnlog.txt ..and I have ./GetMobs.pl ...but all it does it write mob names to the filter files....

Cryonic
08-30-2002, 06:53 PM
check the <zonename>.sp file for spawnpoints. All the spawnlog holds is the time and place of a mob spawning, dieing, looted, etc...

Aelorean
08-31-2002, 01:02 AM
Can information from <zonename>.sp be somehow added to filter_<zonename>.conf to "remember" spawn times for a particular mob?

Or am I looking for a feature that ShowEQ doesn't have?

Cryonic
08-31-2002, 01:41 AM
The two files have nothing to do with each other. The sp files keep track of where things statically spawn and when (they need to see multiple cycles to be sure that it is a static spawn and the timing of such spawn). The filters let you know about something based on where you put it (hunt, alert, locate, or caution). If you want to know when a certain mob is up just put it into one of those categories based on how you want to know about it.

If you know where it spawns then figure out the timing and put that in the sp file for the zone for that loc. That way the icon will change appropriately as it counts down for that spawn point.