PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie Question

Rfalconer
09-02-2002, 10:43 AM
BTW, if there's an FAQ that answers questions like this, please point me to it and I'll stop troubling everyone ;)

One of the features I heard heard ShowEQ had was the ability to check specific mobs to see if they were carrying a specific loot item.

Is this true?

When checking ShowEQ out on a friend's setup, in the item descriptions, I have only seen "generic" items listed.

Is there a filter or something else that needs to be added?

high_jeeves
09-02-2002, 11:00 AM
You seem to misunderstand how this works... you read the FAQ FIRST, then post a question!

The answer is in the FAQ (http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html).

--Jeeves

TweedleDee
09-03-2002, 11:04 AM
SEQ can only show items that would make an npc look different. i.e. A sarnak wearing an earing of station wouldn't look any different than a sarnak not wearing one - thus that information is not sent to the client. Items like weapons and such which change the mob's appearance do have to be sent to the client to make them show up differently - thus SEQ can catch that. But the description can be wrong - a fine steel long sword looks like a rusty long sword on a mob... That's why they have to generalize - i.e. luclin great mace could be spiny or groaning... A goblin in runnyeye showing a light source will mostlikely have a BA Medallion - and bastard sword = Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword... Just have to have an idea what drops where.