PDA

View Full Version : seq segfaults on startup

kabl
09-02-2002, 04:40 PM
ok i searched foudn 2 threads and none of them had any answers so with that out of the way...
nothing has changed on my linux box at all except a new build of seq...

everytime i start seq now it says segmentation fault, seems a few other people are havein the same prob but no answers yet?

i did a cvs -z3 update and got the latests files and tryed another recompile with no luck any1 got any ideas?

and again my system hasnt changed one bit redhat 7.2 gcc3 etc etc qt 2.3.2

Cryonic
09-02-2002, 06:12 PM
The answer is 42.

Give more details and maybe a better answer will come up.

Dedpoet
09-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Do you have the newest libeq.a? Check the "README.libEQ" file in your showeq directory for fantastic directions on how to check if you have the newest version and how to get it if you don't.

Like Cryonic said though, without more info, we can't be sure. You could also try searching on "backtrace" for info on how to get a capture of the crash.

kabl
09-04-2002, 06:37 PM
ok i did a bt of my start up seg faults here it is ::

#0 0x40b2b954 in __do_global_ctors_aux () from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
#1 0x40b06af6 in _init () from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6

#2 0x4000d9e7 in _dl_init (main_map=0x40016998, argc=1, argv=0xbffff9f4,env=0xbffff9fc) at dl-init.c:70

thats what the bt gave me HELP hehe

Dedpoet
09-05-2002, 07:03 AM
Did you also make sure you had the latest libEQ.a? Your post doesn't mention if you checked or not.

I can't speak to the the backtrace since I'm not a developer, but I will ask a basic question: Do you have freetype installed, and is it a recent version?

kabl
09-05-2002, 11:05 AM
i did an md5 of the libeq.a and its the latest; and as far as i kno freetype is installed and EVERYTHING worked just fine and great b4 the last update once i updated i started gettin the seg faults..... nothign has changed in my system unless sumthign has got corrupted or something......??

fryfrog
09-05-2002, 11:16 AM
you could try compiling the older version then, just figure out what date it was from and (i think) use the -d option during cvs checkout. at least its a work around. if THAT one still seg faults, it wasn't the update :)

kabl
09-05-2002, 11:35 AM
i got it guys, after lookin at the bt for a bit i figured my freetype was screwed so i uninstalled the one with rh 7.2 and installed one i downloaded from freetypes website was the rh 7.3 ver and now seq works fine freetype got borked sumhow but now its great :) thanx for the help guys, thank god seq is workin again :p