PDA

View Full Version : Filtering feature request

bonkersbobcat
09-03-2002, 11:33 AM
As we all know when you enter a zone SEQ looks to see if you have a zone-specific filter file. If you have a filter file for the zone it is used, otherwise the default filter file is used.

When I want to create a zone specific filter file I have either use a shell command to copy the default file to the zone specific file, or use the UI to edit the current file and issue a "save as".

The problem is that I don't always know the name that SEQ wants to use for the filter file for a specific zone. (I don't always know the zone short name.)

What would be usefull is to have a "save as zone specific" or "create zone specific filter" menu option somewhere that would generate a filter file with the appropriate name for the current zone.

high_jeeves
09-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Its the same name as is used for the map. Just look for that.

--Jeeves

bonkersbobcat
09-04-2002, 01:32 AM
Is there some place in the interface that indicates the name of the map file in use? The status bar shows the long name for the zone, but not the short name that is used by the filter file and the map file.

Granted I could go to the console window and scroll back to the point where I zoned in, or I could zone out and back in then look at the console window, but it would be a lot easier if I could see the current short name of the zone. (Or as I suggested just have a "save zone specific filter" option.)

Actually, as I look at it, you can not even do a "save filter as" in the interface as I thought you could. This means that in order to create a zone specific filter you have to go to a shell and copy the default file into the zone specific file.

This certainly is not a disaster as any SEQ user should be able to copy a file. However if the spirit of the UI is to be able to fully configure SEQ from within the UI, the ability to create zone specific filters from within the UI is needed.

If I get a chance, I will look at writing a patch to do this, but I don't yet know QT and am not that familiar with the code. It would take me several hours to figure this out. It should only take someone familiar with the code and QT a few minutes to add this feature.

Edit: Patch uploaded

Mr. Suspicious
09-04-2002, 04:21 AM
You find a list in the zones.h (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/src/zones.h?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) file in your */src/ directory

bonkersbobcat
09-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Uploaded patch [ 604874 ] Save Zone-Specific Filter

fryfrog
09-05-2002, 05:57 AM
cool :)

bonkersbobcat
10-01-2002, 03:13 PM
/bump

It has been about a month, any chance of getting this merged in?

fee
10-01-2002, 06:21 PM
I just noticed this thread. I'll integrate your patch this week.

fee

Nobody
10-02-2002, 06:52 AM
This is why I love these guys....