PDA

View Full Version : Small menus's and map names in SEQ

anmorphic
09-03-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm positive that the problems I am going to describe have to do with the fact that I switched out a Vodoo 3 2000 with an NVidia 32mb Video card. however this only seems to affect SEQ.

The menus and the text on the map for SEQ are in incredibly small text. And consequently I am unable to read them. I have tried to recompile SEQ already to no avail. Has anyone has this particular problem and know how to solve it? Perhaps its not SEQ realated and X-config related? Any help would be very graciously accepted...Thanks

-anmorphic

high_jeeves
09-03-2002, 10:42 PM
The magical, mystical search button (or 30 seconds of looking around at the application) will teach you how to change the font size.

--Jeeves

anmorphic
09-09-2002, 07:33 PM
I've done a search for font, fonts, small font, etc... and come up with a lot of "edit showeq.conf" comments, however, can't find showeq.conf. Part of me remembers that being removed a few builds back. Could you be more specific High?

domesticbeer
09-09-2002, 08:52 PM
There is an menu item called Interface.
1st choice is called application default
when you bring it up you can change the font

anmorphic
09-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Hmm, I haven't explained the problem properly...The menu fonts look like the line i've drawn below, literallly.

_ __ __ ____ __ _ __ __

Unreadable due to font size 1 or something =)

If you click on the first menu item then they look like this:

_ __ __ ____ __ _ __ __
__
_
__

In otherwords, I can't read "interface" or anything else.
Perhaps if someone could direct me to which "segment" is interface, and which segment is application default. Or a way to edit a file to reset the fonts. Is "interface" the 3rd menu selection over and application default the 3rd choice down?

-morph

S_B_R
09-10-2002, 12:15 PM
The confige file are:
/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml
/usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xmlshoweq.xml is the only one you should really attempt editing by hand, but there are font settings in both.

Dedpoet
09-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Try closing seq, renaming your showeq.xml file to something else, like showeq.xml.orig, then restarting seq. That should set everything to defaults. If it works, set everything back up how you like it and do a File -> Save Preferences, then delete your .orig file if the mood strikes you.

I don't know for sure if that will fix it, but it's something to try.

anmorphic
09-10-2002, 10:31 PM
Thanks Dedpoet, I tried that

cd /usr/local/share/showeq
cp showeq.xml showeq.xml.old
restart EQ and still same problem...

Upon opening seqpref.dtd located in /usr/local/share/showeq
I find some font information...none in showeq.xml

The font info in seqpref.dtd is set to:
<!ELEMENT font EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST font>
family CDATA #IMPLIED
pointsize CDATA #IMPLIED
weight CDATA #IMPLIED
italic CDATA #IMPLIED
underline CDATA #IMPLIED
strikeout CDATA #IMPLIED

etc etc....balh balh balh....so i'm gunna play around with this a bit

Cryonic
09-10-2002, 10:42 PM
don't mess with the seqdef.xml or seqpref.dtd. You should only need to be making changes to your preferences from within the GUI now.

S_B_R
09-10-2002, 11:47 PM
The problem is he can't Read the GUI to make the changes.

S_B_R
09-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by anmorphic
restart EQ and still same problem...

if you used the copy (cp) command there you accomplished nothing. you need to use the move (mv) command. Or the remove (rm) command after your copy. i.e.

mv showeq.xml showeq.xml.oldOR
rm showeq.xml

RayS
09-11-2002, 09:55 PM
I've also had this problem and although I'm not sure what causes it, I've discovered that I can reboot the linux box and the problem will normally disappear. BTW, sometimes, I've had to reboot as many as 3 times before SEQ appeared normal.