PDA

View Full Version : New XP scale

rizwank
09-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Will there be work done to find out the new XP per lvl mob done after the modifiers are altered on 9/4's patch?

Any chance of getting an accurate ZEM listing either ? ;p :) had to ask, if not, ill pull out my linux box and start to do some mathing! :)

fryfrog
09-04-2002, 05:56 AM
it is/will be a bitch, since we no longer get exact exp / kill. i believe it would involve a lot of "kill lvl X mob, zone" rinse and repeat.

rizwank
09-04-2002, 08:59 AM
We have rebalanced the rewards for killing NPCs for characters over level 50. NPCs that are considerably weaker than you will give you less experience. NPCs give more experience the higher level they are, and for the best results you should fight the most challenging monsters you can reasonably manage.

Cryonic
09-04-2002, 09:50 AM
High blues and up will give the "bonus"

fee
09-04-2002, 10:43 AM
This is just plain nerfage. Hope to have the numbers soon.

fee

Dedpoet
09-04-2002, 11:18 AM
I agree with fee from what I have read so far. It used to be that the absolute fastest way to level (solo) would be to kill low dark blues. You would get full exp with minimum downtime. I hope they don't make lower dark blues worth less now.

Killing high dark blues just isn't as efficient (or wasn't, as I guess we will see) because the extra exp wasn't worth the downtime you would have between kills. Maybe they lowered the multiplier for killing light blues and raised it for whites and reds? That could be a good thing for PL'ing.

fryfrog
09-04-2002, 11:29 AM
don't forget, its 50-60 only. of course, if you meant pl'ing 50-60 then ignore me :)

rizwank
09-04-2002, 01:01 PM
http://pub35.ezboard.com/fmonklybusiness43508frm1.showMessage?topicID=31583 .topic

Velks: Exp modifier has nearly halved the exp from spiders.

Fungi: Resistance chages may make DR gear much more of a necissity for working there,
fungi's xp has apparently dropped, talking to a friend on msn who's there now... 2 solo kills for 1% aa now

Dedpoet
09-04-2002, 02:15 PM
Hehe, thanks fryfrog...got caught up in the thought and forgot it was 50+.

I also frequent Monkly Business. The post-patch threads are pretty interesting...clerics are outdamaging epic monks now with their new abilities. I don't have a character on test, but my theory is that so many of these changes are high level endgame changes and I can't imagine there are tons of high level endgame characters on test who can test out this stuff. I could be wrong, but that's my theory.

*runs off to roll a cleric*

rizwank
09-04-2002, 04:13 PM
"A cleric soloed a ME 4 arm for 6% AA fairly safely. That's way too fast to be earning AA to be balanced with the other classes. "

forget the cleric part... but 6% aaxp for a mob?

Assume AAxp is 15M xp.
the Xi Thalls are like 55...

used to be lvl 55s were like 200,000 xp... now they would be like 900,000 xp.. this sound legit to anyone?

rizwank
09-04-2002, 05:15 PM
http://pub35.ezboard.com/fmonklybusiness43508frm1.showMessage?topicID=31600 .topic

ok since the servers have been up I have been doing alot of testing and found out the following. This is fromt he point of view of a lvl 60.

the lvl range of 43-44:

These are light blue to 60th and yesterday mobs of this lvl with 100% to aa exp killing 2 of these would give you 1% aa. Since the patch it now takes 5 of these for 1 % aa.

the lvl range 45-46

These are the boarderline dark blues before the patch almost every kill in this range would give 1% aa about 1 in 10 you would have to get 2 to get the 1%. Since the patch it takes 2-3 everytime to get 1%.

the lvl range 47-48

a bit higher in the blue scale these were quite consistant at the 1% per kill lvl before and now they are quite consistent in the 2 needed.

the lvl range 49-50

these are strarting to get along the same lines as they were before the scaling patch. and it works out so that 3 will get ou 2% aa.

the lvl range 51

This is what I found is the basis lvl. Killing mobs on this lvl range give 1 % aa now. And yesterday the same mobs gave 1 % aa. This is the benchmark lvl.

I was still looking around for higher stuff to solo to test out further lack of things a monk can solo about the 51 range causes some problems. however I did fine one spot to test

the lvl range 55

yesterday prepatch a kill of a mob on this lvl would have been the standered 1% of an aa pretty much the same as the ones back on 48. However today when I tookt he trouble to kite around and kill one of these mobs (sun revs in the grey) I got 3 % in 1 kill. 3 times more than I would have gotten yesterday.

under this line is stuff I heard from friends that I have not had the time to confirm yet.
------------------------------------------------------------
this is the end of what I was able to test before servers went down. Following is from a report I got from a friend fighting in sleepers tomb right after servers up.

red to 60 range

In sleepers tomb in a full group yesterday even being in the exp group it would still ahve been a couple kills before you saw the percentage move. However today according to Panthur each kill everyone in the group gain 2.5 % aa. This scales down to 12 times more than before

I had one other report that someone said in serverwide.monklybusiness chat that they got 6% of an aa from one of the 4 arms in ME I believe these are in the 57-58 range would be 6 times more than pre patch.

Tyro
09-05-2002, 02:21 AM
HOLY COW!

lvl 60 monk LFG in ST.

CruelTea
09-05-2002, 12:27 PM
Xin Thall Centiens (4-arms, Akhevans in Maiden's Eye) are level 57 to 58.

Azerael
09-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by CruelTea
Xin Thall Centiens (4-arms, Akhevans in Maiden's Eye) are level 57 to 58.

Actually, I was doing some hunting in the ruins the other night for the belts for friends and the range on the 4-arms ran from 50 to 58. I'll be out there mucking about again tonight to see just how much xp I can squeeze out of them...