PDA

View Full Version : o great ones.. please help, i r gimp

necro
09-04-2002, 03:35 AM
Ive read alot and looked around in many of the linux area and tried downloading them. I dont know how to download any of this stuff or get itt to work on my computer. I just want to use show eq while i play EQ.
To this question ... i understand the answer is no but would like a confirmation. "If i ever get seq to work, will i be able to use it while running eqw? (eqwindows)?"

Heres what i understand so far about what i need for seq to work. Download linux 7.2, (which i cant figure out how to do) and the rest seems very complicated to me as well. Im a computer illiterate thing. Is there a guide that explains the whole process for a xtreme newbie? like as if someone that has never use a computer before? that is the kind of guide i need. Now please call me a insignificant retard slimbag for being so stupid, but after that .. please make me a newb guide. o please o please.. for me and the rest of the gimps.

P.S. Please!!!!!!!!

three-p-o
09-04-2002, 04:41 AM
Hense the reason VI leaves us alone. The average computer illiterate bloke can't use SEQ =p

the instructions are out there. If you can't follow them don't bother

necro
09-04-2002, 07:31 AM
I really could.:(

Mag@@
09-04-2002, 07:36 AM
On the front page of this forum, on the very top portion, there is a warning. Click on the first link for one of the best written FAQ there is; then before you post anything else, click on the second link in the same message and read the preface. Once you have read and re-read both of these areas, do a search again on these boards, especially for things like 'downloading Red Hat' or 'linux'. You have to do 90% of the work yourself - its that easy. The other 10% should be spent READING what you found. Trust me, if any of this is so above your head, dont waste your time trying to figure it out. The folks who moderate this board spend their own free time doing it, and quite frankly, should not have to answer the same question 50 times a week. The same questions you pose here have been asked and answered hundreds of times. To repeat a phrase ' the search button is your friend' ~ try it out.

Kris Kringle
09-04-2002, 05:04 PM
Ok.. a few things more or less stated before..

Someone who is computer illiterate, AND/OR can't figure out how to download Redhat (or any other linux distribution) shouldnt even bother trying..

A few other notes to scare you away - Linux must be running on a seperate, networked computer than the one your EQ client runs on. So furthermore, if you know nothing about networking, or don't own/have the resources to get a second computer (Linux Box) then again.. don't bother trying..

As to your EQW question.. i dont think running EQW affects the way showeq works. The packets are still sent through your network just the same.

And to reiterate what Mag@@ has said, read the faq first.. the link that says "read this first" on the front page. If its all greek to you.. you guessed it.. don't bother :)

Cryonic
09-04-2002, 06:31 PM
+--------------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT FEED |
| THE TROLLS |
| --The Mgt.|
+------++------+
||
o o o || *
,,\|/,,,||,,,/,,,
---+--------------

Mr. Suspicious
09-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Feed me, FEED ME! Feed me Seymore.....

necro
09-06-2002, 12:16 PM
Thanks people. I most definetly do not have the knowledge or extra hardware to use this type of system. Thanks though, and best grace to y'all.

loiloi
09-09-2002, 06:59 AM
You can run it on one machine, but if you can't figure out how to get it going with 2 thre's now= way you'll figure that out!