PDA

View Full Version : a "flaming" question ;)

DJPrez
09-06-2002, 01:26 PM
:D

high_jeeves
09-06-2002, 02:41 PM
READ THE FUCKING FAQ! There is a big link to it on the main page...

--Jeeves

Catt
09-06-2002, 02:56 PM
RTFF the new RTFM

;)

Yueh
09-06-2002, 03:53 PM
/em tosses Jeeves a Scooby Snack™

sagann
09-06-2002, 03:53 PM
WHy not put a link to the FM Jeeves you ass..God what is your purpose on these boards anyway?

S_B_R
09-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by sagann
WHy not put a link to the FM Jeeves you ass..God what is your purpose on these boards anyway?

Looks like it's the same as your's.... Only high_jeeves does actually help people...

fryfrog
09-06-2002, 04:31 PM
goto the very first part of the forums, scroll up and click on where it says "READ THIS FIRST".

DJPrez
09-06-2002, 04:38 PM
:D

Yueh
09-06-2002, 04:54 PM
It's not controlled by teenagers, just frequented by them. In my experience, if you hang out where teenagers frequent you either become homicidal or suicidal. I'll leave it up to the reader as to which way Jeeves is headed :D

CBiLL
09-06-2002, 05:01 PM
Look at the FAQ more careful next time ...

Copy / Pasted from FAQ :

2.5 - Where/How do I download ShowEQ?
From a terminal window type the following, pressing the return key when prompted for a password (it is blank):
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
This will download the source and maps for ShowEQ into the directory "showeq" where ever you ran the command from (usually ~/).

CBiLL

high_jeeves
09-06-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry I didn't realize that I signed up on a board controlled by teenagers.

ROFL.. grow up, asshole. There is a big link on top of the first page, which tells you to read the FAQ first (With a link). In that FAQ, you will find:

2.5 - Where/How do I download ShowEQ?

With the EXACT information on how to do this.

I have looked at the FAQ's and I have not seen an obvious link stating "ShowEQ FULL Program THIS WAY"

Um? Did you read it? It is right there. Do we need to highlight it in blinking red?

The time it took for you to flame me with vulgar language is about the same amount of time you could have directed me to it.

Sigh.. do i have to explain this again? It is YOUR job to get this set up correctly, NOT MINE. Many people, including myself, spent alot of time working on the FAQ, and fryfrog was kind enough put it together for us. YOU have the responsibility to find information in it. If you are too lazy, or stupid to do this, dont blame me when I call you on it. This is a help forum, use it to help yourself, dont use it to make everyone else do your work for you. If I answered everyone's question instead of directing them to the FAQ (where it is already answered), then I would need to leave my job, and be a ShowEQ help forum person full time...

I strongly recommend you read the section in the smoothwall manual for how to behave on message boards. I think you will find that what you did here (ignoring the FAQ, and posting the most simple question) was basically the most obnoxious thing you can do on a message board. Flaming a regular being the second most obnoxious thing... We get about one post a week from people who say they have no linux experience, but with the resources put together on this site, they had NO problems getting everything set up without a hitch. Whats the difference between all those people and you? I'll leave that as an excercise for the reader... (reading my sig might shed light an the answer)

--Jeeves

Cryonic
09-06-2002, 05:10 PM
I have an idea. Can we give High_Jeeves delete/lock privileges for posts that are answered in the FAQ?

+--------------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT FEED |
| THE TROLLS |
| --The Mgt.|
+------++------+
||
o o o || *
,,\|/,,,||,,,/,,,
---+--------------

Yueh
09-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Aww, can we at least taunt them? Where else are we suppose to get new quotable quotes :)

high_jeeves
09-06-2002, 06:45 PM
I have an idea. Can we give High_Jeeves delete/lock privileges for posts that are answered in the FAQ?

Lol.. I think I would donate again for that...

--Jeeves

Mag@@
09-06-2002, 09:41 PM
OK, here is a patient and mature response. The people who moderate this board do so with their own free time, they are not paid to do so. This open source code is not for the casual pc user, it requires some ability to READ. I doubt that you missed no less than a half dozen references in the FAQ on where you need to start, nor do I think you used the valuable search button for one of the installation guides, otherwise you would not be posting here. Do a search for 'preface' and find a selection on how to post appropriately on this board.

EQHatter
09-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by DJPrez
Where can I download ShowEQ? I have looked in the files section, the sourceforge web site, CVS and I can not locate the program.

Do I need to make a donation first? I will!! :)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me with!!

Are you one of those AOL Dial Up fags?

DJPrez
09-07-2002, 01:06 AM
Sorry guys.......... didn't mean to start up controversy. I read the FAQ from the top of the forum section (probably missed something there too). Made a mistake. It's also why I titled this thread "flaming" question I just didn't expect to be burned to death.

To the reply if I am a AOL dial up fag --- No I'm not.

I'm a AT&T Broadband fag. ;)

Cryonic
09-07-2002, 01:46 AM
Well, you were warned. You have no one to blame, but yourself (despite what most lawyers would have people believe).

who_me_use_seq
09-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Anyone who flames Jeeves is either too lazy or too stupid to read.

1. If you read the posts you will find that he is incredibly helpful to people who can format an intelligent question.

2. He just flames the ass hairs off of people who can't.

Seems reasonable to me.

high_jeeves
09-07-2002, 03:02 PM
Thats basically my philosophy here...

--Jeeves