PDA

View Full Version : Showeq does not find libEQ.a

jimbob
09-06-2002, 07:03 PM
I have showeq configured and running on Redhat 7.2. I placed libEQ.a in directory /usr/local/lib before the doing the ./configure and make steps.

Now when I run showeq I get this message

Disabling decoder due to showeq.conf preferences
***DECRYPTION DISABLED***

Decoder has been manually diabled by either -b, the BrokenDecode option, or a missing libEQ.a.

To try and fix this I found the BrokenDecode line in the conf file and it was set to 0. I changed it to 1 and restarted with the same result. Then I deleted all the files and recompiled from scratch to be sure I didn't have errors in the make process. I didn't see any glaring errors. After the recompile I tried again with the conf file BrokenDecode set to both 1 and 0. At this point I am a bit stumped. I used the /usr/local/lib placement from the INSTALL.newbies file. Now I wonder if I should be placing it elsewhere?

Any help is appreciated.

Cryonic
09-06-2002, 07:19 PM
And you got this copy of ShowEQ where?

ShowEQ no longer uses the showeq.conf file. Hasn't in months.

Better yet, go read the FAQ posted on the main page. If you already did, then go read it again, slowly, carefully, one word at a time. You don't have the latest version of SEQ.

jimbob
09-07-2002, 01:59 PM
I got the SEQ from doing the CVS download 4 days ago using the seqforge server.

I used the following commands to download it before I compiled.

cvs –d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

cvs –z3 –d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co linux

If this is incorrect then you are right I have the wrong version.

Dedpoet
09-07-2002, 02:08 PM
cvs –z3 –d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co linux

You checked out the wrong version. The "linux" cvs is very old indeed. Try checkout out "showeq" instead.

http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html#2.5

jimbob
09-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the tip!