PDA

View Full Version : FreeBSD problem

Astaelan
09-09-2002, 09:45 PM
I have been reading over a bunch of threads and have come to the conclusion that I cannot find anything corrisponding to this in the forums.
My problem begins with the fact that I'm running FreeBSD. I have followed the instructions I found on the packages required, and have seemingly done everything correctly (I have successfully set ShowEQ up on RedHat with no problems)
I have compiled QT with thread support, and installed all the libraries required. The first problem I encounter, is when running configure for showeq, I get the error "configure: error: C preprocessor "g++30" fails sanity check"
I can't seem to find this in the forums anywhere. So I started to hack the configure script, and ignore some of the checks. Low and behold, I got ShowEQ to compile eventually, however I came across many problems, that inevitably were not fixed, and my final binary was very slow, and in fact did not work properly, and often crashed. I contributed this to the fact that whatever the configure script is saying about g++30 failing a sanity check must be on the mark. However, QT has compiled without any problems using this same compiler.
I guess my question is if anyone else has come across this and figured out the solution? I have tried both the precompiled gcc30, and compiling from updated ports for gcc30, both end in the same results.
The next error, when hacking configure to skip the g++30 sanity check, is with QT, using 2.3.2, it gives me the error that "something wicked" with QT has failed. I figure if QT is failing, it's probably related to the reason that g++30 is failing, because it was compiled with it.

Any ideas?

Cryonic
09-09-2002, 10:03 PM
check config.log for why it is failing. Also I don't think SEQ can be used out of the box on BSD. In the past there were patches that had to be applied by BSD users.

Astaelan
09-10-2002, 11:41 AM
The patches are for after the configuration script runs, it just modifies the source a bit, changes some of the includes. I can get the source to compile, but for whatever reason that configure is failing, is likely causing the not so stable binary in the end. I followed all the instructions I could find on FreeBSD installs in the past, but it doesn't mention anything about the failed sanity check for G++30.

As for the config.log, from what I can deduce, the failure is the following:
configure:3845: g++30 conftest.c
configure:3842: parse error at end of input
configure:3851: $? = 1

Seems to repeat that again, then says:
configure:3912: error: C preprocessor "g++30" fails sanity check

Does that help any?