PDA

View Full Version : HP/Mana regen...

Pigeon
09-10-2002, 06:33 PM
ShowEQ used to show changes in HP's every time they changed, so you could definitively test, for instance, your regen and stuff like that. It also updated your mana every time you cast a spell, which was very nice to test mana regen and fun stuff like that... There are some other threads which mention this, but I don't want to bump a 3 month old thread, and the mostly just say "This doesn't work" followed by "well, it works for me." So... there it is again.

Cryonic
09-10-2002, 08:33 PM
Interface -> Use Stdout

HP updates will be shown in the terminal window that SEQ was started from. Mana updates will be displayed when received from the server (e.g. cast a spell, use a right-click effect, etc...)

Pigeon
09-10-2002, 11:01 PM
No workie.

Any other options to test? Maybe need to screw with the formatted messages file ?

BlueAdept
09-11-2002, 07:09 AM
It seems to only work when you run it as root. If you run xwin as a user and su to run showeq, it doesnt show the hp/mana.

Cryonic
09-11-2002, 07:17 AM
I run X as a normal user and su - to root to start SEQ and it works for me.

BlueAdept
09-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Hmm....Dont know.
I have use stdout checked, but only get hp/mana ticks shown when I actually log in my system as root, and start xwin as root.

I have had this problem for a long while. Had another thread on this a while back too.

Cryonic you are not running as a user that is in the wheel group are you? If so, then it is basically running as root.

Cryonic
09-11-2002, 10:52 AM
The user I'm running as is in its own group and no other.

are you just doing 'su' or 'su -' ?

BlueAdept
09-11-2002, 02:18 PM
I tried it with su, su -, and root and none are outputting the hps/mana to the shell window.

I think I was on RH 7.1 when I used to get the hp updates if I was logged in as root.

I see the spells, the items I loot, my level, grouptot bonus and warnings, but no hp or mana updates.

In the interface menu I have Use Stdout checked and No Bank checked. Am I missing something?

Ive gotten use to not seeing it, but I do miss it.

Cryonic
09-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Beats me. All I have to do to turn it on/off is check/uncheck the Use Stdout feature. What background color are you running your Xterm with, maybe they are showing up, just as the same color as the background.

link129
09-11-2002, 03:24 PM
I have the same problem. I get everything on stdout except HP/Mana. It is a on and off problem though. Sometimes after a update it will work, other times (like now) it doesn't.

I've normally su to root, but I've tried logging in as root also. No luck. I may try taking my user out of the wheel group.

BlueAdept
09-11-2002, 04:13 PM
My user is not in the wheel group. Ive tried with the stdout checked and unchecked. Still nothing.

Not the color either. It is white on black.

I dont know why I dont see it anymore.

Using 7.2, 2.3.2 QT and gcc 3. I was using the last update, but I would say it hasnt worked for me since about v4.0.

Cryonic
09-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Running RH7.2, QT 2.3.2, gcc 3.0.4. My background is white and the text shows up black to me, mana comes up light blue.

Don't know what to say, but it has always worked for me.

Pigeon
09-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Doesn't have anything to do with su/running as root/sticky bit. :D

Make sure the player stats window is open, and hp/mana are turned on in View -> Player Stats. It should work, no matter how you run SEQ.

link129
09-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Ahh, that was it. Soon as I opened the player stat window. I started getting my HP/Mana.

Thanks Pigeon!

BlueAdept
09-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Yea that was it.

Oh well. I dont like having a window (or docked) of my stats open to just get the hp/mana, but I guess ill have to to get it to output it.

Somewhere along the line it changed. It used to show the mana/hp no matter if you had the stats open or not. C'est la vie.