PDA

View Full Version : When to update CVS?

Madman
09-11-2002, 12:10 PM
I do my best reading the changes. Some are small and some are productive in functionality but most aren't required. There are so many announcements and posts that I do miss alot. so my question is this...
Is there a way to know (or a place to look) when a CVS update would be the most beneficial other then doing it every other day? does sound like a lazy/lame question and I do appologize for it. ( and I also know this may fall under help desk or general but you guys are the soul of seq and best fitted here) SEQ is my lifeline to playing and before anyone flames me to read all the forums and this and that please know that I alone will be donating via paypal enough for the new board license =)
So to make the post not so bad I would also like to add that you guys are doing a great job. you turned a hobby and project into something to be greatly proud of. My donation is to thank you for the free use of such a great utility and a site to even make things easier. And I noticed about 4-5 of my SoL maps in the CVS. You can expect me to get that many or more out of PoP for you extremely fast. Thank you.

Mag@@
09-11-2002, 12:37 PM
I usually read the announcement section when it is updated. A synopsis is given to the major changes and updates, and decide whether or not to update. A major deciding factor would be if a fix was implemented to a bothersome issue. Personally, I would update after major patches, or when the libEQ.a file has changed. Thanks for contributing maps to the project! :D

Madman
09-12-2002, 06:02 PM
thank you and its no problem. I can't code but I'll put in as much as I can one way or another.

casey
09-14-2002, 12:53 AM
all changes made to the project are recorded in the CHANGES file. You can use sourceforge's web cvs stuff to read the file and see if any changes that effect you have been added, and decide if you want to update.