PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ and PoP

wizard
09-20-2002, 12:29 PM
So can we expect that ShowEQ will be broken sometime shortly before the release of PoP and remain so for 3 weeks or so after release as was the case with Luclin?

fee
09-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Only if something changes that we can not fix.

fee

wizard
09-20-2002, 12:43 PM
I see.. for luclin it was something that COULD be fixed as was evidenced by alot of "modified" versions and leaked libeq.a's. it was intentionally not fixed for various reasons.. So the developers are taking a different stance this year then last year?

fryfrog
09-20-2002, 12:47 PM
hehe, i forgot about ratt's 3-4 weeks of "lets keep luclin unexplored" for a bit thing :)

i hope this isn't the case, because i do not plan on buying PoP for any of my four accounts and it would really suck to have seq disabled in my regular hunting areas. fuck vi and their pop, i hope they end eq so i can just have real closer... i ain't gonna pick up another mmorpg.

wizard
09-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Just want a little advanced warning this time. could care less if they do it or not. One day not working, week or so with no explanation then the mess that happened after.. don't need a repeat.. be upfront from the beginning and it will go much better.

Pigeon
09-22-2002, 04:17 PM
i hope they end eq so i can just have real closer... i ain't gonna pick up another mmorpg.

I am. :D

Fuck VI and their VT keys and their planar advancement and their extra levels and their new levels and all the damned timesinks associated with all of them.

*wonders if there's gonna be a ShowSB*

fooz
09-26-2002, 11:59 AM
SB has to come out first heh

high_jeeves
09-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Jeeves looks into his crystal ball, and predicts the future:

Pigeon says:

Fuck Ubisoft and their XX and their YY and their ZZ and their WW and all the damned QQ associated with all of them.

*wonders if there's gonna be a Show<new game title here>*

The grass is always greener.. people always bitch about the game that they are putting atleast $13 a month into (they did with UO, AO, AC, EQ..)

The will always blame the company that spends enourmous amounts of time providing a game for a mere $13 a month that people spend countless hours on. (Oh, and by the way, it is the best one on the market).

people said it was going to be AO that would kill EQ, it wasnt..
people said it was going to be Diablo II that would kill EQ, it wasnt..
people said it was going to be DAoC that would kill EQ, it wasnt..
people said it was going to be NWN that would kill EQ, it wasnt..
people say its going to be SB that kills EQ... it wont..
people say its going to be game XXX that kills EQ... it wont..

If you hate it so much, stop playing it, stop paying for it, stop supporting the company that is so evil... until then, you are just sounding like a hypocryte..

--Jeeves

S_B_R
09-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Well said Jeeves... I agree whole heartedly.

And I can add 1 more, AC2 Sucks... I'm in the beta and have been for quite a while now. I make the prediction AC2 won't kill EQ...

fgay trader
09-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Earth and Beyond sucks too.

They have some original concepts and their quest system is to EQ's as MS Word is to pen and paper. Other than that, everything is the same everywhere. That game is even lower on content than DAoC.

PawnOrc
09-27-2002, 02:09 PM
The original topic was the PoP release issue.

Why not take SEQ down for a week? Woun't kill any of us and shows a little responsibility.

I can imagine the flames this will generate and I can see your side, so just hold them for everyone sake. Everyone should have the right to an opinion.

How about this - A voluntary suspension for those who want to show a little responsibility? Fair enough?

Aurelius
09-29-2002, 03:58 AM
Hardly. But let the developers guide the conscience by their action and postings. If available I will use it but I don't run with packs of guilds so I don't worry about all the uber stuff. I just like knowing where I am, find what I am looking for and move on. I still tip my heads to the all members of the development team and those smart guys that post here (albeit a bit sarcastically at times.) (8-P)

fryfrog
09-29-2002, 09:38 AM
since i don't plan on wasting $30x4 on PoP, you have my solomn promise not to use seq in pop :)

throx
10-02-2002, 12:56 PM
Given the packet structure is almost certain to change for PoP (stats over 255 etc) I think you can be fairly sure SEQ will be non-functional for at least a little while.

Exo
10-12-2002, 12:45 PM
It also stands to reason that SEQ will run in broken mode and that the devs will withhold the fix for 3 or 4 weeks. Hack fixes will leak out for those that are willing to put the owrk into creating them/finding them. Then slowly things will return to normal.