PDA

View Full Version : BSD/QT issue

NoLiving
09-22-2002, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this. I know ShowEQ isn't designed to run on BSD, but I'm giving it a try. Right now I'm actually trying to compile QT 3.0.5 on my system. After numerous hours of compiling I get to this error.

designerapp.o: In function 'AboutDialog::AboutDialog(QWidget*, char const*, bool, unsigned)':
about.o(.text+0x160): undefined reference to 'splashScreen()'

On this system I have BSD 4.6 I compiled GCC3 on here and I'm using that. It appears to be a linker error to me but I'm not really sure how to go about finding out what's wrong. I tried to compile 2.3.2, and it actually failed with the exact same error which is really odd.

The only guess I would have is that my X installation is bad. I didn't install X when I installed the system. I was using the ports tree to compile X for anyone who knows how BSD compiles stuff. I decided to cancel that and just do sysinstall to get X so it might not be correctly installed(I don't have startx)

Cryonic
09-23-2002, 10:54 AM
I would suggest that you read the FAQ and use the search feature of the forums. I believe this problem has been addressed with BSD at least a couple of times.