PDA

View Full Version : Spell tracking

lildr00d
09-25-2002, 11:28 PM
I've noticed that the spell tracking does not "remove" spells being tracked when said mob is killed. Does anyone have a patch or any thoughts how I can update my system to acomplish this.

Mr Guy
09-26-2002, 06:48 AM
I'm not exactly positive on the precise point of failure, but it has to do with not having identification on part of the process. It's either that ShowEQ doesn't know which exact mob dies, or ShowEQ doesn't know which exact mob gets the spell cast on it, or something along those lines. I think it's the latter.

Anyway, you can't patch it because the information just isn't sent. What you can do is click (either double or right click, I don't remember) on the spell and it'll leave the list.

fryfrog
09-26-2002, 07:37 AM
Mr Guy, i seem to remember the same thing... but its kind of contradicting what i seem to know.

i KNOW that the spell tracking KNOWS which mob you cast on, it gets the ID (you can right click and show the mob id if you want). it ALSO knows the ID of ALL mobs in the zone. it ALSO knows when ANY mob (or person) in the zone dies...

so really, it SHOULD be able to remove spells from dead mobs. but would that stop spell tracking of players that are dead (not a bad thing) and players that leave the zone? hummm... i'm no programmer though, so take that with a grain of poo

lildr00d
09-27-2002, 02:28 AM
Aye I want it to delete tracking of spells from mobs that I kill or are killed. However I know tracking spells such as buffs you dont want to drop. So I would envision a swich. Check box what ever that would activate this "Smart Spell Tracking" mod.

Anyways not sure if anyone else is interisted in this or not. I for one am. Also would be nice to get a updated Spell timer too. Notice alot of spells (Thorn Shield for one) comes up as 0 seconds for timer. I will fiddle arround as I remember a spell conversion .pl file somewhere in the system.

fryfrog
09-27-2002, 06:03 AM
perhaps someone could modify it to use the spells.dat file (er, or what ever it is called) so that it could be easily updated by users? i agree, there are a lot of spells whose duration is messed up (boon of the garou, thorns...)

Gullork
09-28-2002, 10:25 AM
I think EQ used the spells_en.txt file now.

What if there was a way to copy the spells_en.txt file into the showeq directory every so often, and have showeq just use the values from it? It would be up to the user to copy the file? I doubt it could get much easier than that, but I'm not sure of the ramifications of doing that.

If that was possible though, showeq could also keep track of procs.