PDA

View Full Version : How to stop spawn list from repositioning on current selection while scrolling?

jonseq
09-27-2002, 02:22 PM
I have no experience with the UI toolkit, so, can somebody suggest a way to perhaps defer redraws of the spawnlist until a few seconds after mouse-controlled scrolling of the spawnlist?

What happens is that, rather than using up/down arrow to move the current selection up and down, I browse the list by click-dragging the scrollbar - but every few (5? 10?) seconds the window is scrolled back to display the highlighted target. I would like to surpress this behavior while scrolling, and for a few seconds after scrolling, to allow clicking a new target.

Cryonic
09-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Obviously you didn't search as this was hashed through a week or two ago.

You have "Keep selected spawn visible" selected. Turn that option off.

jonseq
09-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Thanks much. Consider me chastized as well =)

Yueh
09-27-2002, 03:44 PM
He has a point though. A nice happy medium would be to have an option to defer the 'keep selected spawn visible" action for, say, 10 seconds after a manual list movement. Thay way you could scroll around, find your new target and select it before the autopositioning kicked in. Of course, someone has to want that bad enough to code it and that's not me :)

jonseq
09-27-2002, 04:48 PM
I know nothing about QT programming. However, it seems like I could connect to this signal, and set the time of last motion, then add a time-since-last-motion check before doing an ensureItemVisible:

void QScrollView::contentsMoving ( int x, int y ) [signal]

This signal is emitted just before the contents are moved to position (x, y).