PDA

View Full Version : Hit point alert?

atarom
09-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Is there any way to add in a filter for hit points? Say for instance, if player X gets to 30% hp, alert me. or if MobX gets to 10% (enrage) alert me.

I looked through the faq and searched, etc... didnt see anything.

Flame on,

atarom

Mr Guy
09-30-2002, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure that's possible. It doesn't seem to have HP in the filter string. Shouldn't be too hard to add though, if you want to.

monster69
09-30-2002, 09:28 AM
I'm gonna make an assumtion that you are wanting alerts for people that are not in your group and mobs that you don't have targeted.

Based on that, I don't believe EQ sends HP updates to the client for those until you actually target them. For the client that would be mostly useless information and a waste of bandwidth. You will get an update if the die of course, but just general HP updates for everything in the zone, or every PC in the zone, or even in a defined radius of area would be a very heavy processing/bandwidth load.

Obviously, for people in your group, people you have targeted or a mob you have targeted you are getting updates.

Monster69

high_jeeves
09-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Actually, you get HP updates for mobs that are within a certain range, and whose hitpoints are being updated (IE other MOBs your group is fighting, or are fighting very close by).

--Jeeves