PDA

View Full Version : Guild Tags - Taking feature requests

fee
09-29-2002, 10:13 PM
As promised I have been working on adding functionality to showeq to deal with guild information. At present I have the following in and working:

Guild tags in the spawnlist.
Guild tags can be filtered for in the spawnlist.
Guildt tags will be displayed in the map tips.

Showeq can read the same guilds2.dat file as the EQ client.
Showeq can record the guild data from the world server and write the guilds2.dat file. (similar but not the same as the EQ client version)

What else would you be interested in having showeq do with guild info? I will be taking suggestions for the next 24 hours and will be looking to commit to CVS sometime later this week.

Fee

mbozio
09-29-2002, 10:48 PM
Not sure about
Guild tags can be filtered for in the spawnlist. If that mean we can creat a category based on guild tag and we can use guild tag in the filter[_xxx].conf, that's awsome :)

A way to actualy list the decyphered guilds2.dat with guild number and name could be usefull (not that usefull but since this list exist been able to see it can be neat).

A log file with all the player seen with their info (a la spawlog.txt). Maybe i am going to far. This is regarding some personal need i have that might not fit with a large number of ppl and might not be worth the codding at all.

BTW, fee u rock !

fee
09-29-2002, 11:00 PM
If that mean we can creat a category based on guild tag and we can use guild tag in the filter[_xxx].conf, that's awsome

It does :)

Your other requests should be trivial to implement. I will see what I can do.

fee

link129
10-02-2002, 06:16 PM
/drool

Nobody
10-03-2002, 09:40 AM
Does the list from the converted guild2.txt that seq puts out give a guild number? Some times looking up the members of a guild with:

/who all guild "Some guild with spaces in the name"

doesn't work (with and without the guild tag). But:

/who all guild231

lists it perfect. Having a backwards list would be great.

mbozio
10-04-2002, 04:50 PM
played a bit with the new guild feature :)

awsome ... that's a very good job fee, thxx again

Cambik
10-04-2002, 08:09 PM
I do have a question though. It goes along with the new guild tag info. This may be a crazy question so here goes.......Is SEQ able to read more then just the guild tag ID's? Like who all the players are in the guild and be able to put his in a list. I know I can get this info if the guild is in the same zone but what about like how we can get the guild2.dat file....can we get a listing of guild members that way or is this just a wishfull thinking?

high_jeeves
10-04-2002, 08:29 PM
There is no listing of members sent to the clients.. just think about it logically.. what would the purpose be? Why would they send it (it would change every time you logged on)? How large of a file would it be (Assume you would need a record for every character on the server.. probably approx 400K - 800K records...

--Jeeves

Cambik
10-04-2002, 09:48 PM
I kinda figured that was the answer just thought I would ask.

thanks Jeeves

Cam

mbozio
10-05-2002, 08:18 AM
i asked about a log file with only the player u see in game to try to build some sort of guild listing. Actualy, it would take time to have an almost acurate list but i think in like 1 or 2 month i might see all the player of the guild that are playing in the same tier as mine. Then i need to write some script to sort that and help maintain a guild listing.

I know this is very far away of been a perfect system, but it would help me a bit, even to manage my own guild and help track all those alt that got tagged year ago and never removed.

Again, this is maybe a bit specific and not worth the time to code it since not many will use it at all.

fee
10-05-2002, 09:03 AM
mbozio,

I added the guild id to the spawnlog to meet this need. The existing logging routines are a bit limited and this was the best they are capable of doing in their current form.

Try this command line to get the info you require from spawnlog.txt.

# grep "^+" /usr/local/share/showeq/spawnlog.txt | cut -d\: -f2,10 | grep -v "65535$"

This commmand line will give you all PCs(spawnid):guildid You can dump or list the guilds file to get the guildid to guildtag mappings. This should meet your needs and its the best I can do for you at this time.

Fee

Cryonic
10-05-2002, 10:18 AM
Or you could log your GuildChat channel and then parse it for some names. Of course I'm guessing that a number of guilds have lots of players that usually stay silent and just read the GuildChat channel.

mbozio
10-05-2002, 03:38 PM
woot, thx fee :)

exactly the coomand i needed !

Arrendek
10-22-2002, 12:12 AM
just wondering, will SEQ still see a chars guild if they are anon? i know you can get the info with a /guildstat, but i'm wondering if that info is stil sent...

baelang
10-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I play on a PvP server and most people are anon all the time, and often have the guild tags down.

i can verify that seq sees your guild tag even if you have it down.

and i like it!

fgay trader
10-22-2002, 01:18 PM
I thought it was just me doing something wrong with QT/SEQ compile that was causing the constant seg faults I've been experiencing for some time. Alas, just as I read this thread and was about to try out unchecking the Show -> PvP option, the PoP patch happened :(

baelang
10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Yep, i know how you feel. everyone here said it was working fine. even one of my guildies said his was fine. mine was crashing like crazy. i was pulling my hair out and even pulling hardware.

Then someone mentioned that blowing away /usr/local/share/showeq fixed the problem. i thought, what is there? just the config files (and your modified versions aren't replaced when you re-install)

so i went back to default configurations, and turned options on slowly one by one until i got the crash, then experimented some more and found that both of those map options cause the crash.

Worked great for a full day before PoP came out. oh well, at least i have moving maps. i turn on unknown spawns and, well, i play a ranger so i can figure out what is what pretty well.

I am going to try to track down exactly why it is crashing in the code and perhaps that can lead to a patch. since i have time these days. (p.s. anyone want to hire a perl coder?)