PDA

View Full Version : HP reporting?

jeffo
09-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Is it just be or is HP reporting off? None of my characters seem to report their HP right in showeq.. is it just me?

In showEQ it's always 250-400 hp more then what I have ingame, weird.

Cryonic
10-01-2002, 12:36 AM
and have you looked in your bank and added up all the +hp items there?

fryfrog
10-01-2002, 05:32 AM
hehehe, it takes into account all +hp items in bank as well as what you are wearing? never looked myself, but thats cute :)

Ratt
10-01-2002, 08:31 AM
Are you sure, Fryfrog? The code has a check in place to make sure it's something you are actually wearing before adding it to your stats.

If it really is taking bank HP, I'd like to track that bug down.

Cryonic
10-01-2002, 09:57 AM
It does on my characters. My warrior had two +30hp rings in the bank and SEQ showed his max hp to be 60 higher than it really was. Those rings are the only thing I can think of that would do that. It did still show current HP accurately.

fryfrog
10-01-2002, 10:01 AM
er, ratt my post was not a comment confirming the existance... it was giggling and asking a question as to if it was true or not ;)

jeffo
10-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Cryonic
and have you looked in your bank and added up all the +hp items there?

No, I hadn't thought to look into that. I will check it and post back here, since I was under the same impression that Ratt is :)

I will check it to confirm whether this is the case or not.

jeffo
10-01-2002, 11:43 PM
OK, this has nothing to do with banked items. i wish i could say i found the problem, but i cant. heres my obfuscated testing results.

I added up the +hp value of banked and bagged items, and it did not account for the difference. there was no noticiable correlation between the +hp item banked/bagged number and the difference error number.. X / y isn't an integer, but that doesnt mean there isnt some calculation error somewhere either, it just rules out simple mis-multiplications.

i took off all my +sta items, the difference between real max HP and reported max HP remained the same.

i took off all of my +sta and +Hp items, the difference between real max hp and reported max hp remain the same.

example: starting HP 2000hp, removed items, ending hp 1600hp.. show eq goes from 2200hp reported to 1800hp reported, still a 200hp dif.

show EQ is reading my stamina information correctly, it reports it in the STA field of the character status window, and modifies my max hp by the exact amount of hp that the +sta item does add.

for instance.. EQ says i have 2000hp, i add a +sta item and it increases to 2042. show EQ reports from 2200 to 2242.

strange problem. It seems to be isolated in how showEQ determines the max HP.

The difference between real max HP and show eq reporetd HP is not consistant between characters.. character x reports dif of 250hp, character y reports dif of 265 hp. (not exact numbers)

the problem is even more aggrivated on my more well equipped 60th level character, difference between real and reported is around 800hp, so its probably having something to do with the characters equipment.

Ratt, any specific information you need to know, let mw know what i can provide, i will send you in a pm.

Gullork
10-02-2002, 05:31 AM
I am not sure if this is related or not, but I've heard on other message boards that some HP's are 'missing' after the last patch. I thought it was only like 10 or 15 though. Anyways, I thought I'd mention it just in case it is related or useful. Maybe they changed the formula.

Ratt
10-02-2002, 08:31 AM
I suppose I should start testing it out with a naked, empty bank player and start trading in stuff to see where the problem in...

Probably be the easiest and quickest way to do it.

Ratt
10-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Ok... well, the +HP (and +mana) items are being calculated exactly right, and stuff from bags and bank are not being counted.

The problem lies elsewhere.

One of my characters is off by 30 points buffless. Stepping through the code, the plusHP and plusMANA was being set to exactly what it should be according to what it shows in game.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with STA HP calculations being off, possibly. I haven't explored anything else yet though.

nok
10-02-2002, 11:04 PM
This was copied to Mobhunter from some message board that is currently down. Not sure if it has anything to do with what the problem is but apparently a new formula for HP is now in use.

They changed the way PE stacked with ND, as people have mentioned above.

My base unequiped HP is 1505 (rogue, with 75 stam).

Before the patch, I had 1688 (1505 * 1.1 from ND3 * 1.02 from PE).

Now, I have 1685 (1505 * (1 + (0.1 from ND3 + 0.02 from PE))).

Basically, PE used to multiply on top of ND, now it's added to ND before multiplying with HP.

Considering nearly all "stacking math" in EQ works by adding multipliers before multiplying, this change is a bug fix to bring it into line with EQ's standard.

They probably noticed it when they put in code for the PoP Planar Durability ability and the the HP numbers they got in game didn't match what they were expecting.

jeffo
10-03-2002, 08:08 AM
are PE and ND alternate advancement abilities? if so, they don't have anything to do with this problem.

none of my characters have a single AA point.

Ratt
10-03-2002, 09:03 AM
I think I've stomped the max HP bug... but the Current HP bug is still eluding me.

I do think it has something to do with BASE STA, however... or possibly a BASE HP modifier that isn't being taken into account.

jeffo
10-03-2002, 01:15 PM
<3 ratt

let me know if theres something i can do to help, thanks for pinning down this bug.

when/how is the source updates with this fix?

Ratt
10-03-2002, 01:31 PM
It's in the current CVS now. I found at least part of the current HP misreport bug ... I need to talk to fee about it though, and he's gone into hiding... (he knew I was coming).

It turns out (at least the part I've found) is not actually a bug, but is being handled as designed... and has to do with the kind of odd way Verant sends current HP.

jeffo
10-03-2002, 01:56 PM
just compiled the new patch, works great.

i don't see anything wrong with the current HP though, so I'm not sure what you mean.