PDA

View Full Version : N00b RH 8

merlynmac
10-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Hello,
Well I finally got around to setting up a RH 8 box. I'm trying to install SEQ and at the ./configure part of the install it complains about the qt lib
"checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 3.0.5
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!
"
I have the following qt packages installed:
qt-3.0.5-17
qt-devel-3.0.5-17

Now I saw the other post about downloading 2.3.2 I think it was but do I have to downgrade to get SEQ working?

What am I missing?

Thanks

fryfrog
10-05-2002, 08:09 PM
since rh 8 is based on gcc3, you don't need to have a special qt3 compiled like it seems you do. you also don't need to remove qt3 to install qt2 and use it, so its not really a downgrade and more like having two versions installed.

merlynmac
10-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Oh...I tried to download and install but I get dependency issues so I'm not sure what to do next.

Cryonic
10-05-2002, 09:17 PM
If you really want QT 2.3.2, then do it from tar.gz, NOT rpms.

dirfrops
10-06-2002, 07:01 PM
I had the same problem Merlynmac...I could ./configure -thread it but couldn't MAKE it. It gave me the same QT lib files missing error. I then went in and did the:

[]# pico -w /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/configs/linux-g++-shared

and I edited the gcc and g++ to read: gcc296 and g++296 (I got the 296 number by typing gcc at a shell prompt and hitting <TAB> <TAB> and it beeped and spit up the 296 number...Try that out, I don't know yet if it will work, but its compiling finally
:D

Good Luck

dirfrops
10-07-2002, 03:17 AM
DANGER WILL ROBBINS!!!!

Okay, someone corrected me in a later post and I need to correct myself here now...In RH 8.0 there is NO NEED TO CHANGE THE gcc and g++ names...RH 8.0 reads them as the correct type already. Just leave them be and skip on down. If you are using this page (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) to install it, just make sure you leave out the unecessary "3" when you get down to the #export lines.

I am now compiling showeq with NO errors...thanks to Cryonic for correcting me...the original correction post is here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?threadid=1962&goto=newpost)

Thanks again.
Dirf :D

fluke
10-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Folks,

Read your installation screens carefully, and CLICK the details. When you install RH8 you have to, of course, install the development portion, gnome, etc.. But you also need to click the KDE button (if you read it says QT as well), and click the QT options in the details section. Do this, and all will compile fine. I have done this install on three machines today and each one worked like a champ.

Following this very simple piece of advice will keep you from having to go out, download QT, install it, and configure.