PDA

View Full Version : Mandrake 9.0 Install.. Or working urls.

cide
10-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Ive just downloaded and installed the lastest distro. Great release, getting some hardware configs and mouse is locking up when I change any of em.. but thats minor.

Got all the packages installed, pretty sure its all up to the latest date. Figured the 8.2 guide would work in my case, when getting the various files and RPMs the links arnt working. (For example QT, and the Mandrake...2.1 rpm).

I've searched around, and to my avail theres nothing current about this. Except for a small post which didnt help me.

I am wondering if anyone can assist me with finding a way around this, or a up to date guide? I am not a newbie to linux, I know my way around somewhat. And id like to get showeq figured out today, I havnt used it for about 8 months. Last time I used it was when mandrake 7 was current 8). Thank you very much.

Best,

Cide

Cryonic
10-07-2002, 02:02 PM
Did you read this thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1978

?

If you did, then read it again, if not, then try reading it.

N00B to Linux
10-07-2002, 02:21 PM
I followed everything in this post and did installation succesfully.

Only problem now is having "Segmentation Fault" when attempting to launch application...

Any idea (please, don't ask me to read this board, I research many times a solution to my problem but nothing really helpfull).

S_B_R
10-07-2002, 02:26 PM
Search for "back trace" or "core"

cide
10-07-2002, 05:15 PM
... I dont see what your trying to show me.

Cryonic
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Like the fact that it says to hover your mouse over the link to get the full URL? The forums shorten urls when displayed, but you can still see the full url down at the bottom of your browser.

n00b_01
10-07-2002, 10:19 PM
No, more like the fact that he is way past anything that has to do with the shortened URLs. I am having the same issue that he is, it compiles and makes fine make install works also. But when you run Showeq you get a seg fault. I'll post the backtrace shortly.

n00b_01
10-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Here's the backtrace.

#0 0x401d25cd in QGridLayot::sizeHint() const () from /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/lib/libqt-mt.s0.2

Any ideas other than reinstalling these files?

fryfrog
10-08-2002, 07:56 AM
how the hell (why the hell?) are you using the RPM files that were made for like rh 7.2?

that IS the problem. they were probably compiled with gcc-3.0 or 3.1, and i'm sure the default for mdk 9 / rh 8 is gcc-3.2. they are NOT backwards compatible.

the ONLY reason you had to have a seperate qt with rh 7.2 / mdk 8.x was because you needed a qt compiled with gcc-3.x. now, your WHOLE OS is compiled with gcc-3.2 so ALL you need to do is:

a.) point the compile of seq to the system's qt (you probably don't actually have to do anything to acomplish this, but i dunno).
OR
b.) download qt-2.3.2 and just ./configure -thread && make (suggested method).

then, point seq compile to the newly compiled qt-2.3.2 and woo.

# make -f Makefile.dist
# QTDIR=/path/to/qt-2.3.2 ./configure
# make && make install

notice you don't have to specify "CC=" and "CXX=" since your compiler IS gcc3.2!

SO TO SUM IT ALL UP!
DO NOT USE THE RPM FILES FOR THE QT COMPILED WITH GCC-3.0/1 WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN SOME GUIDES! COMPILE IT YOURSELF OR USE THE QT THAT IS ALREADY IN YOUR DISTRO. THIS IS FOR REDHAT 8.0, MANDRAKE 9.0 AND GENTOO 1.3+.

N00B to Linux
10-08-2002, 11:02 AM
hello,

I tried what you said since first try FryFrog but it doens't work at all...something happened while "make", some libs missing or can't remember what.

fryfrog
10-08-2002, 11:28 AM
i can only guess at problems with mdk or rh since i run gentoo, but guessing would be a lot easier with the actual error message ;)

chingolingo
10-12-2002, 04:16 PM
i got Showeq Running just fine in MDK 9.0 using the 8.1 installation instructions that were provided in this forum. just remember your using GCC 3.2 Vice 3.1 and your golden. Gentoo and LFS installation's of showeq have provided no repeat no problems. I've installed showeq on MDK 8.0/8.2/9.0, Gentoo 1.3a/b and 1.4 and of course Linux from scratch. Gentoo is highly recommended, especially if have a dedicated "showeq" box like I......

Ching