PDA

View Full Version : HowTo: Mandrake 9.0

codepig666
10-08-2002, 12:03 AM
I'm a big Mandrake zealot. No particular reason. This install is about as smooth as you could ask for.

Things to do before you mess with showeq

1: install both libpcap RPMS- this is now delivered in 2 RPMS, you need both the straight one and the devel version.
2: Install gdbm
3: Download the QT3.0.5 free version from trolltech and build it. The version you got with Mandrake is screwy (for showeq purposes) even tho the version numbers are the same. This is an easy build if you RTFM and remember the -thread option to ./configure
4: Stick your libEQ.a (if you want it) in a standard location such as /usr/lib/

Build showeq as always.

Putting QT2 onto Mandrake 9 is a pretty darn backwards step, considering all the work fee put into QT3 compatibility.

Please post troubles,questions,errors to this thread and I will do my best to get you through them.

PS: the QT3 compile is a big one, but if you check the lib directory every 5 minutes or so, you can clobber the build after you see all the library files show up there. This assumes that you don't want to wait 5 extra hours while example code compiles =P...There is probably a makefile option that just builds the libraries but I was too lazy to look for it.

Check my post below for help finding and compiling qt3.0.5

N00B to Linux
10-08-2002, 04:17 AM
Thanx for you help CodePig...

Is there any way to ask you to let us know where we can find this version of QT and the exact commands to build it ?

[EDIT] N00b I am, N00b I always will be...

So, for those who are looking for this version of qt, just try this :

1) ftp ftp.trolltech.com
2) login "anonymous" with any password
3) cd qt/source
4) ls

yet, you can see all versions that are here...I think we must DL qt-embedded-free-3.0.5.tar.gz and qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.gz

you can do it easier by just typing :

wget --passive-ftp ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-embedded-free-3.0.5.tar.gz

and

wget --passive-ftp ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.gz

[END EDIT]

Can you help newbies (like me) by explaining what we are doing and what commands we should use to do it ?

I understand this is maybe too much ask but I really try to figure out how to compile it and make it work, still don't pass the "launch application" step, still this "segmentation fault" message and nothing on this board really help me...

so, can you help ?

codepig666
10-08-2002, 12:24 PM
No worries. I will continue to respond until you are up and running.

go to www.trolltech.com
click the developer link on the left
under the GPL/Non-commercial Development section, click the Qt/X11 Free Edition link
Scroll down to the "Download from ftp.trolltech.com" and click the qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.bz2 link

This link is the equivalent: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.bz2

Unzip the archive with bzip2 -d qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.bz2

Untar the archive with tar -xvf qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar

Now it's time to RTFM. read the INSTALL file. Read it again.

Move the whole friggin directory tree to /usr/local/qt

edit /etc/profile and add the following lines to the very bottom:

QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

close your X session and log back in so that your profile changes take effect.

cd /usr/local/qt
./configure -thread
make

this is a long compile. if you are impatient, check the /usr/local/qt/lib directory for libqt-mt.3.0.5.so ...it's about 8.8 meg. when it appears, you can kill the compile and save a few hours (unless you really want the qt example code and toolset built)

That's all. you have successfully compiled and installed the new qt3. so long as you made the changes to your /etc/profile as I recommended, your whole system will be using the newly compiled libraries.

Please update this thread with any other issues you have regarding Mandrake 9.0 installs.

gremlinz
10-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Okay I have an asante 4 port 10t hub.
I have installed showeq and it runs ok except it only brings up the main screen and pulls no info. Any thoughts.

this is what it says when I am running it
Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Listening for IP client: 24.208.7.152

this is my tcpdump response
[root@grimtech gremlinz]# tcpdump -i eth0 | grep 24.208.7.152
tcpdump: listening on eth0
16:28:37.189854 new-24-208-7-152.new.rr.com.netbios-ns > 24.208.15.255.netbios-ns: NBT UDP PACKET(137): QUERY; REQUEST; BROADCAST
16:28:37.946451 new-24-208-7-152.new.rr.com.netbios-ns > 24.208.15.255.netbios-ns: NBT UDP PACKET(137): QUERY; REQUEST; BROADCAST
16:28:38.697381 new-24-208-7-152.new.rr.com.netbios-ns > 24.208.15.255.netbios-ns: NBT UDP PACKET(137): QUERY; REQUEST; BROADCAST

Cryonic
10-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Looks like you are only seeing Broadcast packets. Guess you don't have your network setup right.

gremlinz
10-08-2002, 03:50 PM
What do I need to change on my network? I have messing with this for 9 days please help.

gremlinz
10-08-2002, 03:59 PM
My setup is as follows

Cable Connection to Asante 4
asante hub to w2k EQ, w2k EQ, Linux SEQ and wireless router
Wireless router to wxp eq

I am tying to hit either one of the ones on the network off the switch seq will not get any info from either

Cryonic
10-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Obviously you didn't read the FAQ.

Let me quote it for you:

"A Switch will not work with ShowEQ"

You need a true hub, which you don't seem to have (hence only seeing broadcast packets with tcpdump).

Just in case you missed it:

gremlinz
10-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Read setup carefully I read the FAQ probally more times then most people

I have an asante 4 port hub with 3 pcs directly connected to it, the switch is connected to hub with onl one pc on it. The pcs i am running show eq and the two pcs i am trying to scan are behind a 4 port ASANTE 10bt HUB.
i can not get it to work

Cryonic
10-08-2002, 04:52 PM
That 10MB 4-port Asante could still be a switch in disguise. As I said, you have a switch or you would be seeing more that just Broadcast packets.

N00B to Linux
10-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Let me quote it for you:

You need a true hub, which you don't seem to have (hence only seeing broadcast packets with tcpdump).

Actually, it isn't really true...

Main problem with sniffers is that they must be on the "talking" segment of the network. If your SEQ box is on a port of a normal switch, I won't run...but many switches have a "listening" mode for this purpose, meaning all the traffic will be sent to its distination AND the "listening" port.

I use a Catalyst 2950 with Giga Eth ports, these can set ports on "listening" mode and thus, you can plug your sniffer (SEQ is kinda sniffer btw...) on this port.

In any other case, this is true, traffic won't be sent to your SEQ box on a normal switch since switch "learns" mac addresses from each port and then send traffic to selected Mac Adrdress directly.
Hubs are sharing all their bandwith between all ports of the same segment (usually, only 1 segment per hub) so they can receive all frames from each other freely).

my 2 coppers :p

high_jeeves
10-08-2002, 06:11 PM
While that is true N00B (and has been pointed about by many other people here).. most people arent going to buy a $500-10K switch which is manageable, just so they can run ShowEQ. ShowEQ can work with any variety of network equipment, as long as you spend enough money on the equipment. While its great that you enjoy showing off your knowledge of switches, please dont post it. We are now going to be dealing with people who read your post, and what to know how to make thier $15 linksys switch open up "listening" on ports.

Dont confuse people without serving a point.

--Jeeves

N00B to Linux
10-09-2002, 04:25 AM
Doh, haven't thought about that.

So yes, 99.9% of switches you may buy ARE NOT manageable and thus, don't have this function.

I personnaly would suggest you to use your Linux station as a Firewall, quite easy to set up (there are many forums dealing with this on the net, don't ask it here please :p ) . So, your EQ Box will be forced to pass thru it and then, you can still use the advantages of your switch without dealing with its inherent problem.

Now, frankly PLEASE, don't ask here how to set up a firewall with a Linux comp, it is soooo easy to find. And btw, this is very interesting to set up, you should understand so many things about networks, TCP / IP and even Linux with it...

cide
10-09-2002, 08:15 PM
Why are you using the X11 QT 3.0.5?

Isnt the Embedded-free-3.0.5 the right version? Or are they the same thing?

And for your QT Install guide, is all of those things (Moving the entire directory tree) done in Root?
Would using file manager with root privs be good enough to move it?

Thanks.

Best,

Nigel

Cryonic
10-09-2002, 08:18 PM
X11 is for X, Embedded is for, well, umm, Embedded devices (like PDAs). Both should be free.

codepig666
10-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Gremlinz:

I looked at Asante's web site and couldn't locate the "asante 4" which you mentioned. It probable has a longer model number stamped on the bottom.

However, I did browse through the entire Asante product line and the ONLY non-switched product they make (as far as I could tell) is the USB version of their hub.

Go ahead and post your exact Asante model number, but I believe you will find that it is indeed a "switched hub".

As a side note, you should also be aware that you will never be able to sniff the wireless connection EQ client. (Well, you *might* be able to if your showEQ box was on the wireless as well, but I am uncertain if 802.11b hardware supports promiscuous mode)

It's frustrating for noobs to try to buy the correct hub because of this annoying marketting issue. Calling your "switched hub" a switch might confuse the average AOL user and make them buy something else, so they call it a hub and let the nomenclature be damned.

Simple check: If it is a 10/100 device than it is a switch. By definition, it is capable of "switching" packets back and forth between the 10 mbps and the 100 mbps networks...even if those networks only exist inside the device.

Hope this helps.

codepig666
10-10-2002, 04:21 PM
All: I specifically posted that this thread was to help noobs.

So if someone asks an amazingly stupid question (e.g "What's the md5sum of libEQ.a?"), please just ignore it and let me deal with it.

Also, please try not to post confusing information or information that applies to less than 95% of the userbase. I'm happy that you got SEQ to work on your Joystick interface card by using 90 feet of aluminum foil, a squirrel pelt, and a jar of pickles, but for the average noobie, that project is best left for another day.

codepig666
10-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Cide asked:
>Why are you using the X11 QT 3.0.5?
>Isnt the Embedded-free-3.0.5 the right version? Or are they the same thing?

Not the same. you need the X11 version. Unless you are porting SEQ to your handspring =)

>And for your QT Install guide, is all of those things (Moving the entire directory tree) done in Root?
>Would using file manager with root privs be good enough to move it?

Its easiest to do the entire install as root. I don't know enough about the file manager to give you a definitive answer on it. =(

You will have to use a shell to configure and compile it anyway, so just bite the bullet and do the mv from the shell as well. it won't bite.

Cryonic
10-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by codepig666
As a side note, you should also be aware that you will never be able to sniff the wireless connection EQ client. (Well, you *might* be able to if your showEQ box was on the wireless as well, but I am uncertain if 802.11b hardware supports promiscuous mode)

This all depends on how your network is stacked up.

I can indirectly sniff the Wireless connections in my house because of my network config.

DSL --> Intel Hub --> Intel Switch --> Wireless AP --> Other PCs
| |
ShowEQ Box Other PCs

cide
10-10-2002, 09:25 PM
How is it done threw shall, Might I ask?

cide
10-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Heres the file you specified to be edited. The /etc/profile.

I edited as you said in your post, this is how it looks like after im done. I loged out and back in, and when I go into the /usr/local/qt dir and ./configure -thread it tells me this:

[cide@pbgaming cide]$ su
Password:
[root@pbgaming cide]# cd /usr/local/qt
[root@pbgaming qt]# ./configure -thread

The environment variable $QTDIR is not set correctly. It is currently
set to "", but it should be set to this directory,
which is "/usr/local/qt".

Please read the INSTALL file for instructions on how to set $QTDIR
correctly. If you have set $QTDIR in your .profile or .login, you
will need to log out and log in again to make the setting effective.

[root@pbgaming qt]#

What am I doing wrong, and if so; What shall I need to do in order to correct this mis-configuration? Thank you in advance, sir.

Best,

Nigel McLeod.

/etc/profile -*- Mode: shell-script -*-
# (c) MandrakeSoft, Chmouel Boudjnah <[email protected]>

loginsh=1

# Users generally won't see annoyng core files
[ "$UID" = "0" ] && ulimit -S -c 1000000 > /dev/null 2>&1

if ! echo ${PATH} |grep -q /usr/X11R6/bin ; then
PATH="$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin"
fi

if [ "$UID" -ge 500 ] && ! echo ${PATH} |grep -q /usr/games ; then
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/games
fi

umask 022

USER=`id -un`
LOGNAME=$USER
MAIL="/var/spool/mail/$USER"
HISTCONTROL=ignoredups
HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`
HISTSIZE=1000

if [ -z "$INPUTRC" -a ! -f "$HOME/.inputrc" ]; then
INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
fi

# some old programs still use it (eg: "man"), and it is also
# required for level1 compliance for LI18NUX2000
NLSPATH=/usr/share/locale/%l/%N

export PATH PS1 USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME INPUTRC NLSPATH
export HISTCONTROL HISTSIZE

for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
if [ -x $i ]; then
. $i
fi

QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
done

unset i

codepig666
10-10-2002, 11:29 PM
cide:

you didn't put the new lines at the VERY bottom of your /etc/profile. You seem to have stuck them in the middle of a for loop.

The "done" and "unset i" lines should be above your "QTDIR=" line.

once you get your /etc/profile straight and log out and log back in, the environment variable that ./configure is checking will be set correctly and you should be all set.

codepig666
10-10-2002, 11:35 PM
<flame>
Dammit, Cryonic, didn't I just ask people NOT to post obscure information that is only gonna confuse noobies?

I'm very happy that with your Router,Hub,Switch, and AccessPoint all configured and positioned just right you can successfully monitor your macine on the wireless end. But do you really think that 95% of the newbies have that setup?
</flame>

On the other hand, your solution is quite valid and I honestly hadn't thought about the prospect of sniffing those packets further upstream. My access point is built into my switch, so I wasn't thinking about the possibilities offered by a standalone access point. I was also referring to monitoring one wireless connection from another wireless connection. But this discussion is for another thread.

Peace

cide
10-10-2002, 11:39 PM
Allrite, I got everything going and QT Is installed. But, heres an issue I run into during the "Make" procedure.

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeq main.o spawn.o spawnshell.o spawnlist.o spellshell.o spelllist.o vpacket.o editor.o filter.o m_spawnshell.o m_spawnlist.o m_spellshell.o m_spelllist.o m_editor.o packet.o m_packet.o interface.o m_interface.o compass.o m_compass.o map.o m_map.o util.o experiencelog.o m_experiencelog.o combatlog.o m_combatlog.o msgdlg.o m_msgdlg.o player.o m_player.o decode.o m_decode.o skilllist.o m_skilllist.o statlist.o m_statlist.o filtermgr.o m_filtermgr.o mapcore.o category.o m_category.o compassframe.o m_compassframe.o group.o m_group.o guild.o m_guild.o netdiag.o m_netdiag.o logger.o m_logger.o xmlconv.o xmlpreferences.o m_xmlpreferences.o seqwindow.o m_seqwindow.o seqlistview.o m_seqlistview.o zonemgr.o m_zonemgr.o spawnmonitor.o m_spawnmonitor.o spawnpointlist.o m_spawnpointlist.o spawnlistcommon.o m_spawnlistcommon.o spawnlist2.o m_spawnlist2.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread -rpath /usr/local/qt/lib -rpath /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/lib/libEQ.a -lgdbm -lz -lpcap
mkdir .libs
libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libgdbm.la' was moved.
g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeq main.o spawn.o spawnshell.o spawnlist.o spellshell.o spelllist.o vpacket.o editor.o filter.o m_spawnshell.o m_spawnlist.o m_spellshell.o m_spelllist.o m_editor.o packet.o m_packet.o interface.o m_interface.o compass.o m_compass.o map.o m_map.o util.o experiencelog.o m_experiencelog.o combatlog.o m_combatlog.o msgdlg.o m_msgdlg.o player.o m_player.o decode.o m_decode.o skilllist.o m_skilllist.o statlist.o m_statlist.o filtermgr.o m_filtermgr.o mapcore.o category.o m_category.o compassframe.o m_compassframe.o group.o m_group.o guild.o m_guild.o netdiag.o m_netdiag.o logger.o m_logger.o xmlconv.o xmlpreferences.o m_xmlpreferences.o seqwindow.o m_seqwindow.o seqlistview.o m_seqlistview.o zonemgr.o m_zonemgr.o spawnmonitor.o m_spawnmonitor.o spawnpointlist.o m_spawnpointlist.o spawnlistcommon.o m_spawnlistcommon.o spawnlist2.o m_spawnlist2.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libEQ.a /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/qt/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c itemdbtool.cpp
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeqitemdbtool itemdbtool.o util.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread -rpath /usr/local/qt/lib -rpath /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/lib/libEQ.a -lgdbm -lz -lpcap
g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeqitemdbtool itemdbtool.o util.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libEQ.a /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/qt/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c sortitem.cpp
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o sortitem sortitem.o util.o -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread -rpath /usr/local/qt/lib -rpath /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/lib/libEQ.a -lgdbm -lz -lpcap
g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o sortitem sortitem.o util.o -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libEQ.a /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/qt/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
Making all in conf
make[2]: Entering directory `/seq/showeq/conf'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/conf'
make[2]: Entering directory `/seq/showeq'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
[root@pbgaming showeq]#

Wondering what i've messed up here, Heh. Im sure after this part everything will be fine. Thanks!

(BTW, It gets about 6 minutes into make before running into this)

Cryonic
10-10-2002, 11:48 PM
I see a few warnings, but no real errors.

codepig666
10-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Cide! Dude! you did it.

That was a successful compile =)

do your "make install" to finish the job

Fire it up!

Cryonic
10-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by codepig666
<flame>
Dammit, Cryonic, didn't I just ask people NOT to post obscure information that is only gonna confuse noobies?

I'm very happy that with your Router,Hub,Switch, and AccessPoint all configured and positioned just right you can successfully monitor your macine on the wireless end. But do you really think that 95% of the newbies have that setup?
</flame>
Peace

Obscure? In what way? My network setup is built from components that any home user could get by going to CompUSA or Fry's Electronics. Most expensive piece was the Wireless Access Point which sells for less than $200. It's not like my setup required a Managed Rack-Mountable Switch like others have posted. Also my setup can easily be figured out from information that is in the FAQ.

codepig666
10-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Cryonic:

I just meant that you have 4 pieces of networking hardware. This thread was aimed at people who have both less knowledge and less hardware. The last thing I wanted was to send some noob out to CompUSA with a shopping list like that.

But you are right, it was far less obscure than the dude with the Cisco gear.

Cryonic
10-11-2002, 12:28 AM
You only need the first piece of hardware that I have, namely a True Hub. As long as SEQ is hooked into that you can daisy off whatever other devices/computers from it and still see all traffic going to/from the Net. Where my config says DSL is just that, the DSL connection goes right into the hub (well through the router provided by my DSL line provider).

cide
10-11-2002, 12:55 AM
Thanks Codepigg, That was indeed VERY simple. I think I can now do it without instuction. !!! I have superior network knowledge but linux?? No!. It seems to work well, except I cant make the Player movement Direction Lines bigger, or scroll around the map to see other parts of it.

Besides all that, I have some worries about launching it. As I get a few errors. I am wondering if these errors are harmless, and I do have a perfectly working install.

[cide@pbgaming cide]$ su
Password:
[root@pbgaming cide]# showeq -i eth0 192.168.1.253
ShowEQ 4.2.15, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002 by the respective ShowEQ Developers
Binary distribution without source code and resale are explictily NOT authorized by ANY party.
If you have paid for this software in any way, shape, or form, the person selling the
software is doing so in violation of the express wishes and intents of the authors of this product.

Please see http://seq.sourceforge.net for further information

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Client Detected: 192.168.1.253
EQPacket::dispatchZoneData():CharProfileCode:Not Decoded
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/Bazaar.map'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_bazaar.conf'.
TIME: 05:10 01/16/3181
EQ EPOCH OCCURRED AT 771504459 SECONDS POST UNIX EPOCH
CPlayerItems: count=87 size=31498 packetsize=362 expsize=362
WARNING: PlayerBookCode (6521) (dataLen:362 != sizeof(playerBookStruct:263 or 347
Possible Key: 0x4f13de77

gremlinz
10-11-2002, 01:54 PM
I have the money to but whatever hub I need some one jsut tell me the model number of a hub that will work that i can get at best buy.

gremlinz
10-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Netgear 4-Port 10Base-T Ethernet Hub — EN104TP
and
3com 3c16670
I tried that on no dice

JCDyer
10-13-2002, 11:32 AM
I had a few quick questions... When you say move the entire directory tree, do you just want us to move the contents of the folder to qt, or even the orginal folder it was untared to? Also, I did not have a qt folder, I had to create it, is this ok? And, I was wondering if there was a quicker way to move ALL files from one directory to another. The only commands I could find let you move one at a time.

Another subject. You talk about editing a profile... I have nothing in the etc folder. What is wrong here? I appreciate any help.

JCD

codepig666
10-13-2002, 12:24 PM
JC:

assuming you were in your home directory (/home/dyer we will assume) when you untarred the archive you should now have a directory called something like /home/dyer/qt-3.0.5-free or something akin to that.

while you are in the /home/dyer directory, execute the following move command:

mv /home/dyer/qt-3.0.5-free /usr/local/qt

Then do your configuration and compilation from the /usr/local/qt directory

as for etc.... if your /etc directory is empty, then something is very very wrong with your install. Remember that it is the /etc directory and not an etc directory under qt

Hope this helps

monster69
10-13-2002, 06:24 PM
Mandrake 9.0 (or at least my install) did not put QT in /usr/local/qt. I think that is where his confusion is coming from.

If you want to overwrite the Mandrake installed QT then copy the contents of the untarred folder to /usr/lib/qt3

That is where Mandrake 9.0 installs it. You can the configure and make following the other directions above.

That is how I did mine and it worked wonderfully.

Monster

Cryonic
10-13-2002, 08:25 PM
You don't want to overwrite the version of QT that came with the Distro (especially if you are using KDE or other Kapps that came with the distro). You can have multiple instances of the libraries on your system without them interfering with each other.

JCDyer
10-13-2002, 09:42 PM
Getting so close...

Ok, I got more memory(256). I got my internet conection through my hub. I have downloaded the new QT. Moved it, and now I am trying to edit the profile... I found out the ETC directory does have some stuff in it, I just can't see it for some reason. Besides that, when I go to edit I use the following command "ed /etc/profile". Now this just brings up a 3 digit number, and then displays a ? for what ever I type in. Am I using the wrong command here?

Also, when I am done editing, what is the command to exit the editor? I appreciate your help so far.

JCD

codepig666
10-14-2002, 01:08 AM
wow. ed. that's funny on several levels.

You probably don't want to use ed. Use a text editor that is graphical.

"ed" is a line editor which is the basis for "sed" the stream editor which is the basis for "vi" the Visual editor. All of which are around 30 years old and oriented to the machines of that time.

Don't get me wrong...they are insanely powerful and built around regular-expressions. But they can be daunting for a noob to learn.

There should be plenty of graphical editors in your applications->editors section.

JCDyer
10-14-2002, 08:20 AM
Ok, editted the file. I noticed though, that when I moved the qt-x11-free-3.0.5 it actually moved the folder and not the contents. So inside of qt there is a qt-x11-free-3.0.5 folder, then all the files. Would I just change the path in the file I edited? Or do I need to move these files out?

EDIT: Just moved the files. I configured, and then when I went to make it started, but then gave me this error:

[root@localhost qt]# make
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/qt'
cd qmake && make
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/qt/qmake'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt/qmake'
cd src/moc && make
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/qt/src/moc'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qbuffer.o ../tools/qbuffer.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qptrcollection.o ../tools/qptrcollection.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qcstring.o ../tools/qcstring.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qdatastream.o ../tools/qdatastream.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qdatetime.o ../tools/qdatetime.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qfile.o ../tools/qfile.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qgarray.o ../tools/qgarray.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qgdict.o ../tools/qgdict.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qglist.o ../tools/qglist.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qglobal.o ../tools/qglobal.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qgvector.o ../tools/qgvector.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qiodevice.o ../tools/qiodevice.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qregexp.o ../tools/qregexp.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -DQT_MOC -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -I/usr/local/qt/include -I../tools -I. -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o qstring.o ../tools/qstring.cpp
../tools/qstring.cpp: In member function `ulong QString::toULong(bool*, int) const':
../tools/qstring.cpp:14768: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [qstring.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt/src/moc'
make[1]: *** [src-moc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt'
make: *** [init] Error 2
[root@localhost qt]#

Nothing seems to like to work for me. Anyone have any ideas?

monster69
10-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Cryonic,

Why wouldn't you want to overwrite the QT Libraries that came with the Distro? I mean, they are both 3.0.5, both compiled with GCC 3.2, both fundamentally the same only the Distro left a few things out that most folks don't use.

Honest question here, I am wondering why a person wouldn't want to do that.

Monster

Cryonic
10-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Because the QT libs might not have been the only thing that the distro made changes to (e.g. KDE, qt apps, etc...). They also might have used specific optimization switches that other apps are expecting that you wouldn't think to compile with. SEQ still works best with 2.3.2 judging by the number of threads that are solved by going to it.

So, you leave the distro QT in place, download 2.3.2, put it in a different directory, and build SEQ against those libs (either statically or dynamically linked to them).

gremlinz
10-14-2002, 07:26 PM
you must also install zlib

myleftfoot
10-20-2002, 11:07 AM
If you don't want to worry about watching your QT build to avoid building more than the bare necessities, edit this line in $QTDIR/Makefile after running ./configure in the $QTDIR:

all: symlinks src-qmake src-moc sub-src sub-tools sub-tutorial sub-examples

to this:

all: symlinks src-qmake src-moc sub-src sub-tools

Alternatively, you can run the make using this command line for the same effect without editing any text files:

"make symlinks && make src-qmake && make src-moc && make sub-src && make sub-tools"

I'm not entirely sure that "sub-tools" is a required make target for QT to get the bare minimum required to compile showEQ. I'm actually fairly sure that you don't need more than symlinks, src-qmake, src-moc, and sub-src as prerequisites to build showEQ, but I haven't tested that to make sure.

Build time is still quite lengthy for even that much of QT, but it beats building all the examples, for sure.

grvtman
10-21-2002, 10:03 AM
had seq set up on mandrake 8.1 and it worked fine now with 9.0 im having probs. i get to the make part of qt and get this as the out put
rnel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1030: `Atom' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1030: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1035: `qt_input_encoding' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1036: `XA_STRING' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1036: `type' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1038: `None' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_set_x11_resources(const char*,
const char*, const char*, const char*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1081: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1085: `qt_resource_manager' undeclared (first use th
is function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_get_net_supported()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1236: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1242: `qt_net_supported' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1243: `XA_ATOM' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1247: `qt_net_supported_list' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1271: parse error before `[' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1272: `a' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1272: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: At global scope:
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1281: `Atom' was not declared in this scope
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1281: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `bool qt_net_supports(...)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1289: `atom' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_get_net_virtual_roots()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1302: `qt_net_virtual_root_list' undeclared (first u
se this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1306: `qt_net_virtual_roots' undeclared (first use t
his function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1309: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1339: `Window' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1340: parse error before `[' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1341: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_check_focus_model()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1351: `Window' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1351: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1353: `fw' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1353: `XGetInputFocus' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1354: `PointerRoot' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1369: syntax error before `*' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1373: `DefaultScreen' was not declared in this scope
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1374: syntax error before `.' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1375: syntax error before `.' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1376: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `vi' with no ty
pe
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1376: `VisualClassMask' was not declared in this sco
pe
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1376: `VisualScreenMask' was not declared in this sc
ope
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1377: `rvi' was not declared in this scope
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1377: `XGetVisualInfo' was not declared in this scop
e
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1378: parse error before `if'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1379: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1379: syntax error before `++' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1384: syntax error before `*' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1389: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ncols' with no
type
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1389: `DisplayCells' was not declared in this scope
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1390: parse error before `}' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1392: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `depth' with no
type
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1392: invalid types `int[int]' for array subscript
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1393: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ncols' with no
type
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1393: redefinition of `int*ncols'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1389: `int*ncols' previously defined here
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1393: invalid types `int[int]' for array subscript
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1394: parse error before `}' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_init_internal(int*, char**, Di
splay*, long unsigned int, long unsigned int)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1429: `XConnectionNumber' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1433: `XSetErrorHandler' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1434: `XSetIOErrorHandler' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1514: `TrueColor' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1580: `XOpenDisplay' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1582: `XDisplayName' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1588: `XSynchronize' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1596: `DefaultScreen' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1597: `ScreenCount' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1598: `RootWindow' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1605: `Visual' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1605: `vis' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1608: `DefaultDepth' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1609: `DisplayCells' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1611: `DefaultVisual' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1618: `find_truecolor_visual' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1621: `XVisualIDFromVisual' undeclared (first use th
is function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1677: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1705: `XStandardColormap' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1705: `stdcmap' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1706: `VisualID' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1706: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1711: `ServerVendor' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1717: `XA_RGB_DEFAULT_MAP' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1717: `XGetRGBColormaps' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1720: `vid' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1730: `DefaultColormap' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1733: `AllocNone' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1733: `XCreateColormap' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1741: `qt_wm_protocols' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1742: `qt_wm_delete_window' undeclared (first use th
is function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1743: `qt_wm_state' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1744: `qt_wm_take_focus' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1745: `qt_wm_client_leader' undeclared (first use th
is function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1746: `qt_window_role' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1747: `qt_sm_client_id' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1748: `qt_xa_clipboard' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1750: `qt_x_incr' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1751: `qt_xsetroot_id' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1752: `qt_selection_property' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1753: `qt_clipboard_sentinel' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1754: `qt_selection_sentinel' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1755: `qt_qt_scrolldone' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1757: `qt_sizegrip' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1758: `qt_net_wm_context_help' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1759: `qt_xa_motif_wm_hints' undeclared (first use t
his function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1760: `qt_kwin_running' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1761: `qt_kwm_running' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1762: `qt_gbackground_properties' undeclared (first
use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1770: `qt_net_wm_state' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1771: `qt_net_wm_state_modal' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1772: `qt_net_wm_state_max_v' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1773: `qt_net_wm_state_max_h' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1774: `qt_net_wm_window_type' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1776: `qt_net_wm_window_type_normal' undeclared (fir
st use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1778: `qt_net_wm_window_type_dialog' undeclared (fir
st use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1780: `qt_net_wm_window_type_toolbar' undeclared (fi
rst use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1782: `qt_net_wm_window_type_override' undeclared (f
irst use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1783: `qt_net_wm_frame_strut' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1785: `qt_net_wm_state_stays_on_top' undeclared (fir
st use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1786: `qt_enlightenment_desktop' undeclared (first u
se this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1837: `KeymapStateMask' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1838: `EnterWindowMask' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1838: `LeaveWindowMask' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1840: `PropertyChangeMask' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1840: `XSelectInput' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In static member function `static void QApplication
::x11_initialize_style()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2071: `class QApplication' has no member named `Atom
'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2071: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2078: ISO C++ forbids taking the address of a bound
member function to form a pointer to member function. Say `&QApplication::type'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2088: ISO C++ forbids taking the address of a bound
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2100: ISO C++ forbids taking the address of a bound
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_cleanup()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2157: `XFreeColormap' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2160: `XFreeGC' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2174: `XCloseDisplay' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_save_rootinfo()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2206: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2213: `True' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2215: `XA_PIXMAP' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2217: `Pixmap' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2217: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2217: `XKillClient' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2219: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2221: `dummy' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2222: `RetainPermanent' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2222: `XSetCloseDownMode' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `bool qt_wstate_iconified(long unsigned
int)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2236: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2247: `IconicState' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `_XGC* create_gc(int, bool)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2286: `Pixmap' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2286: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2287: `pm' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2287: `XCreateGC' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2288: `XFreePixmap' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2293: `Window' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2293: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2298: `w' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2299: `InputOutput' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2300: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2303: `XDestroyWindow' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2306: `XSetGraphicsExposures' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `virtual void QApplication::setM
ainWidget(QWidget*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2401: `XSetWMProperties' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2403: `XStoreName' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2407: `XParseGeometry' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2410: `XValue' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2412: `YValue' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2414: `WidthValue' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2416: `HeightValue' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2422: `XNegative' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2424: `NorthEastGravity' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2426: `YNegative' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2428: `SouthEastGravity' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2428: `SouthWestGravity' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In static member function `static void QApplication
::setOverrideCursor(const QCursor&, bool)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2507: `XDefineCursor' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2510: `XFlush' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2619: `Window' was not declared in this scope
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2619: parse error before `,' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2622: redefinition of `int i'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:1372: `int i' previously declared here
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2625: parse error before `,' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2627: parse error before `if'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2639: syntax error before `--' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In static member function `static QWidget* QApplica
tion::widgetAt(int, int, bool)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2664: `Window' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2664: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2666: `target' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2666: `XTranslateCoordinates' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2675: `qt_x11_findClientWindow' undeclared (first us
e this function)
::syncX()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2765: `XSync' undeclared (first use this function)
::beep()':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2776: `XBell' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2787: type specifier omitted for parameter `Window'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2787: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qPRCreate(...)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2793: `oldwin' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2793: `widget' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:2820: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QApplication::processNextE
vent(bool)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3064: aggregate `XEvent event' has incomplete type a
nd cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3077: `XPending' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3087: `XNextEvent' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `virtual int QApplication::x11Cl
ientMessage(QWidget*, XEvent*, bool)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3226: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qwindowdefs.h:140: forward declaration of `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3226: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3227: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3228: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3235: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3235: `qt_x_time' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3236: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3251: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3253: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3253: `qt_xdnd_position' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3255: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3255: `qt_xdnd_enter' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3257: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3257: `qt_xdnd_status' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3259: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3259: `qt_xdnd_leave' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3261: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3261: `qt_xdnd_drop' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3263: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3263: `qt_xdnd_finished' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `int QApplication::x11ProcessEve
nt(XEvent*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3294: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3295: `ButtonPress' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3296: `ButtonRelease' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3297: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3299: `MotionNotify' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3300: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3304: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3306: `PropertyNotify' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3307: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3309: `EnterNotify' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3310: `LeaveNotify' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3311: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3312: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3321: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3325: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3331: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3341: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3341: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3357: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3360: `XFilterEvent' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3366: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3366: `MappingNotify' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3367: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3367: `XRefreshKeyboardMapping' undeclared (first us
e this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3371: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3372: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3373: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3376: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3379: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3381: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3383: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3386: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3388: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3392: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3394: `Atom' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3394: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3399: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3400: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3403: `XA_CARDINAL' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3403: `ret' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3423: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3426: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3434: `states' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3434: parse error before `)' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3453: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3459: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3459: `PropertyDelete' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3468: `XMapWindow' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3485: `WithdrawnState' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3490: `XDeleteProperty' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3531: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3544: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3545: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3546: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3547: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3548: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3556: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3556: `ClientMessage' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3573: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3597: `GraphicsExpose' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3598: `Expose' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3602: `ConfigureNotify' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3603: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3603: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3614: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3614: `NotifyAncestor' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3615: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3615: `NotifyInferior' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3616: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3616: `NotifyNonlinear' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3634: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3634: `NotifyNormal' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3636: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3637: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3637: `NotifyNonlinearVirtual' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3638: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3649: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3650: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3650: `NotifyVirtual' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3651: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3653: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3660: `curWin' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3671: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3677: aggregate `XEvent ev' has incomplete type and
cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3678: `XCheckMaskEvent' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3683: `XPutBackEvent' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3702: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3715: `UnmapNotify' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3724: `MapNotify' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3737: `ReparentNotify' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3741: `XCheckTypedWindowEvent' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3743: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3745: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3753: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3761: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3772: `SelectionRequest' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3773: `XSelectionRequestEvent' undeclared (first use
this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3773: `req' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3773: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3777: `qt_xdnd_selection' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3786: `SelectionClear' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3787: `XSelectionClearEvent' undeclared (first use t
his function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3787: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3799: `SelectionNotify' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3800: `XSelectionEvent' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3800: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `bool qt_try_modal(QWidget*, XEvent*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:3971: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `void QApplication::openPopup(QW
idget*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4017: `GrabModeSync' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4017: `GrabModeAsync' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4017: `CurrentTime' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4017: `XGrabKeyboard' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4018: `GrabSuccess' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4020: `ButtonPressMask' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4020: `ButtonReleaseMask' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4021: `ButtonMotionMask' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4022: `PointerMotionMask' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4024: `XGrabPointer' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4027: `SyncPointer' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4027: `XAllowEvents' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4029: `XUngrabKeyboard' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `void QApplication::closePopup(Q
Widget*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4063: `AsyncPointer' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4066: `mouseButtonPressTime' undeclared (first use t
his function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4067: `ReplayPointer' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4069: `XUngrabPointer' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4470:27: X11/keysymdef.h: No such file or directory
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `int translateButtonState(int)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4478: `XModifierKeymap' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4478: `map' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4478: `XGetModifierMapping' undeclared (first use th
is function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4484: `KeySym' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4484: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4487: `sym' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4487: `XK_Alt_L' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4487: `XK_Alt_R' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4491: `XK_Meta_L' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4491: `XK_Meta_R' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4501: `XFreeModifiermap' undeclared (first use this
function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4504: `Mod1Mask' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4505: `Mod4Mask' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4510: `Button1Mask' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4512: `Button2Mask' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4514: `Button3Mask' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4516: `ShiftMask' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4518: `ControlMask' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translateMouseE
vent(const XEvent*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4535: aggregate `XEvent nextEvent' has incomplete ty
pe and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4542: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4543: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4547: `XMotionEvent' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4547: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4553: `NoExpose' undeclared (first use this function
)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4557: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4558: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4564: `lastMotion' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4589: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4589: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4593: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4594: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4595: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4596: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4597: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4616: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4617: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4618: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4619: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4620: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4621: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4622: `Button1' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4623: `Button2' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4624: `Button3' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4625: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4636: `Button4' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4637: `Button5' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4646: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4653: aggregate `XEvent xevent' has incomplete type
and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4656: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4668: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4674: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4678: `mouseActWindow' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4678: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4680: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4682: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4683: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4688: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:4990: syntax error before `[' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translateKeyEve
ntInternal(const XEvent*, int&, QString&, int&, char&, int&, QEvent::Type&)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5127: `KeySym' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5127: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5139: `XKeyEvent' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5139: parse error before `=' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5141: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5145: `xkeyevent' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5145: `key' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5145: `XLookupString' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5248: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5273: `XK_F1' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5273: `XK_F35' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5276: `XK_KP_0' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5276: `XK_KP_9' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5282: `KeyTbl' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5300: `XK_KP_Space' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5301: `XK_KP_Tab' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5302: `XK_KP_Enter' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5303: `XK_KP_Equal' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5304: `XK_KP_Multiply' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5305: `XK_KP_Add' undeclared (first use this functio
n)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5306: `XK_KP_Separator' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5307: `XK_KP_Subtract' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5308: `XK_KP_Decimal' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5309: `XK_KP_Divide' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5326: `XK_Shift_L' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5326: `XK_Control_L' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5329: `XK_Shift_R' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5329: `XK_Control_R' undeclared (first use this func
tion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5137: warning: unused variable `QWidget*tlw'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translateKeyEve
nt(const XEvent*, bool)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5415: aggregate `XEvent evRelease' has incomplete ty
pe and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5416: aggregate `XEvent evPress' has incomplete type
and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5419: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5422: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5468: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5469: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5475: aggregate `XEvent nextpress' has incomplete ty
pe and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5476: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5479: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5480: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5486: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5491: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5492: variable `XEvent evPress' has initializer but
incomplete type
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5493: aggregate `XEvent evRelease' has incomplete ty
pe and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5495: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5498: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5502: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5507: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5508: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5576: 'Window' is used as a type, but is not defined
as a type.
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5583: syntax error before `(' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In function `void qt_insert_sip(QWidget*, int, int)
':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5613: `XClientMessageEvent' undeclared (first use th
is function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5613: parse error before `;' token
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5614: `client_message' undeclared (first use this fu
nction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5620: `NoEventMask' undeclared (first use this funct
ion)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5621: `XSendEvent' undeclared (first use this functi
on)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translatePaintE
vent(const XEvent*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5669: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5669: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5670: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5670: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5672: aggregate `XEvent xevent' has incomplete type
and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5674: `struct PaintEventInfo' has no member named `w
indow'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5681: `isPaintOrScrollDoneEvent' undeclared (first u
se this function)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5682: `XCheckIfEvent' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translateScroll
DoneEvent(const XEvent*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5725: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translateConfig
Event(const XEvent*)':
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5751: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5751: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5756: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5759: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5759: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5760: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5760: invalid use of undefined type `union _XEvent'
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5767: aggregate `XEvent otherEvent' has incomplete t ype and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5819: aggregate `XEvent xevent' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:5833: aggregate `XEvent xevent' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:329: Error: symbol `ncols' is already defined
{standard input}:350: Error: symbol `i' is already defined
make[2]: *** [.obj/release-shared-mt/qapplication_x11.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt'
make: *** [init] Error 2
[root@172 qt]#

not sure what the prob is any thoughts
thanks
grvtman

ezzaps
10-27-2002, 03:13 PM
I looked through all the forumns, and I checked out what I could, but I am a noob at all this. It was a pain in the ass to get my linux box up, and getting all the files that I needed to start the make was aslo interesting. This is my problem. I appear to have an error that is "undefined reference to QCDEStyle" And another similar error that is 'undefined reference in QSGIStyle" Do you have any input on it? I am running GCC 3.2 and G++ 3.2. I have exported all that lines as in the instructions. The only thing that I can think of, is an invalid Qt version, (the one that comes w/ MAndrake is the one I have.) If you could confirm or deny this.. I would appreciate it. If you want to flame flame away, but give me a good idea of where to go in the flame. ;)

SpZ

ezzaps
10-28-2002, 02:58 AM
Well... I am back again. I have a few suggestions... Just remember that I am noob, and my knowledge is not vast when it comes to networking.... I was reading about my hub... Linksys EFAH05W, which I got the other day, cuz I figured that $10 more bucks for a 10/100 hub was all good.. only problem that I have is that it is 'auto-sensing', which, as I have learned, means switch. I realize that right now the torches are lighting for stating the obvious, BUT!!! there is a solution. The easiest one is that the switching is NOT a true switch based upon ip or whatever.. it's based on SPEED... so... all you have to do, at least in my case, is make your NIC be only a 10Mbit NIC. Now all you guru's out there.. can you force 10Mbit only transfers in a 10/100 Mbit NIC? This would solve a lot of problems, and would be cheaper than playing musical hubs. Again I'm ready for the flames, and I'm sure that someone will deliver, but put an answer in the flame and I"m happy. ;)

SpZ

--edit

Well... I was gonna post another reply, but this is easiest... If anyone still cares about that entire hub auto switch thing... at least in my case w/ my cheap Kingston KNE1111TX network card, and Win XP, all I had to do was change the connection_type (or something similar) in the device manager for the network adapter to 10Mbps full duplex. This requires NO reboot.. so you can change it back to 100 when you have a need for intranetwork transfers. If ANYONE else tries this and it works.. lemme know. I wanna see if I'm smart, or just stating somethign everyone knows. ;)

d360
10-30-2002, 03:13 PM
I've been working on setting this up for a few days,
gone over the faq,newbie file, forums, just about everything but am still getting errors during configure. It looks something like this.

[root@localhost showeq]# CC=gcc3 CXX=g++3 QTDIR=/path/to/qt ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking for working aclocal-1.4... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake-1.4... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc3... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for g++3... no
checking for g++... g++
checking for supported compiler version... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for working const... yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
creating libtool
checking for supported libc version... yes
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... -lz
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 3.0.5
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt3/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt3/lib/
>>>>> NOTE.......: ShowEQ is not designed for Qt 3.0+
>>>>>> Workable..: -*{ ??? }*-
checking for Qt MOC... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
setting Linux pthread compilation options
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
configure: error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap.

If thats too much info im sory, just didnt want to leave anything out that may help.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Cryonic
10-30-2002, 03:27 PM
See where it says "configure:error". Now go read the FAQ and use SEARCH.

d360
10-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Ok, thanks. I may have looked over a few things. Thought I had done all of that but i'm trying again.

I_R_Noob
10-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Caution Noob at work!

Originally posted by d360
I've been working on setting this up for a few days,
gone over the faq,newbie file, forums, just about everything but am still getting errors during configure. It looks something like this.

setting Linux pthread compilation options
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
configure: error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap.

If thats too much info im sory, just didnt want to leave anything out that may help.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

The number one anser found from searches is "read the FAQ and use SEARCH"

2nd anser found is " Installing libpcap0-devel fixed this "

my question is how did some one know from reading this "cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap." know that it related back to libpcap0-devel?

"search"
Libpcap provides a portable framework for low-level network monitoring.
Libpcap can provide network statistics collection, security monitoring
and network debugging. Since almost every system vendor provides a different interface for packet capture,
the libpcap authors created this
system-independent API to ease in porting and to alleviate the need for
several system-dependent packet capture modules in each application

"more research"
The pcap_open_live subroutine opens the specified network device for packet capture. The term "live" is to indicate that a network device is being opened.

"search again"
libpcap0-devel = Static library and header files for the pcap library

any one know of a sight that breaks down what the Static library and header files inside libpcap0-devel are? /ack no spell checker =(

"more searching" "libpcap0-devel" This package contains the static pcap library and its header files needed to
compile applications such as tcpdump, etc.

Does this mean that libpcap0-devel is only used to complie libpcap?

And sence this error came about during the compile part and made reff to libpcap then the porblem must relate to libpcap0-devel?

Yea I may be completly off here but i did include the warning lable at the top.

Cryonic
10-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by I_R_Noob
Caution Noob at work!

The number one anser found from searches is "read the FAQ and use SEARCH"

This wouldn't be if people actually did read and search before posting (the whole reason for the FAQ and search links on the main page).

2nd anser found is " Installing libpcap0-devel fixed this "

my question is how did some one know from reading this "cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap." know that it related back to libpcap0-devel?

To compile programs you need the DEVEL files. Can't create executables, must be missing glibc-devel, can't find X includes, must be missing X-devel, etc...

"search"
Libpcap provides a portable framework for low-level network monitoring.
Libpcap can provide network statistics collection, security monitoring
and network debugging. Since almost every system vendor provides a different interface for packet capture,
the libpcap authors created this
system-independent API to ease in porting and to alleviate the need for
several system-dependent packet capture modules in each application

"more research"
The pcap_open_live subroutine opens the specified network device for packet capture. The term "live" is to indicate that a network device is being opened.

"search again"
libpcap0-devel = Static library and header files for the pcap library

any one know of a sight that breaks down what the Static library and header files inside libpcap0-devel are? /ack no spell checker =(

"more searching" "libpcap0-devel" This package contains the static pcap library and its header files needed to
compile applications such as tcpdump, etc.

Does this mean that libpcap0-devel is only used to complie libpcap?

NO, this means that if you write code that uses libpcap, then to compile that code you need the libpcap devel files (header files, etc...).

And sence this error came about during the compile part and made reff to libpcap then the porblem must relate to libpcap0-devel?

Yea I may be completly off here but i did include the warning lable at the top.