PDA

View Full Version : Final Stretch...

Biff
10-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Hello

Yeah, i got SEQ up and running easliy enough on a fresh install of mandrake 8.2. However i have the really annoying problem of nothing happening when i start it up while playing eq. I searched around and i am i thinking it is either because of my network setup or due to my hub. My network setup is as follows: from the phone line i plug into my dsl modem. From the modem goes my cat 5 cable into the uplink port of my linksys hub. In slot one of the hub is my windows computer, which is the one logging onto the internet with PPPoE. Then in slot 2 of the hub is another cable that runs to my linux box. I can ping the windows computer fine. I am pretty sure the problem is both the hub that i own and the fact that my DSL is PPPoE. So would the first thing to do be to buy a real hub, and then some sort of hardware that converts PPPoE back into normal ethernet? Just trying to get all the information before i go out and buy all this. Thanks for the help

high_jeeves
10-09-2002, 12:49 AM
Reading = good.

http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html#4.18

--Jeeves

BlueAdept
10-09-2002, 07:33 AM
Your best bet is to either buy the dsl modem/router or get a router, attach the modem to the router and attach a hub off of the router. Plug both machines into the hub. I hear that will work, but no guarantee.