PDA

View Full Version : 2 SEQ builds on the same box?

cheese_poker
10-09-2002, 02:34 PM
This may be a strange question ... but I am new to C++ and Linux building ... so here goes :

1 - Is it possible to have 2 different versions of SEQ built on a machine so they won't interfere with each other? ie. 2 separate directories, 2 different builds.

I was hoping to alter some files around and test build in one directory without hosing the real one I was using.

high_jeeves
10-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Yes. Easiest way is to change the "install" target in the makefile of the one you are changing to reference some other directory. That way, any time you build your own version, it goes to some other dir.

--Jeeves

Cryonic
10-09-2002, 05:50 PM
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/showeq1
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/showeq2

you should be able to find all the configure options with ./configure --help

Changing the prefix changes the base install of all the files (default is /usr/local).

LordCrush
10-10-2002, 03:19 AM
You can use the same /usr/local/share/showeq directory with more than one SEQ binary ( btw different builds too ). Then you have to update the maps and filsters only once. Just change the restore-files for the encryption keys to something instancespecific and make different config.xml files ( running up to 4 SEQ instances that way). To use a new SEQ-binary just compile but make no make install just copy the showeq-binary from the src-dir in to the /usr/local/bin ( dont forget to give it another Name :)

fryfrog
10-10-2002, 06:57 AM
how do you specify a different config.xml?

LordCrush
10-10-2002, 07:56 AM
printf (" -o CONFIGFILE Alternate showeq.xml pathname\n");

fryfrog
10-10-2002, 08:16 AM
hehe, i used to use that but just assumed it was made non-usable with the convert to .xml. can it point to an empty (or not there?) file?

LordCrush
10-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Never tried it - i copied an existing and made my modifications and the script calls for my wife :)