PDA

View Full Version : New PoP maps

lexan
10-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey all I just have a quick question. I recently downloaded a bunch of new PoP map files from HoiHoi and from then on I inzipped them all and extracted the .map files from each in windows, I then uploaded all the .map files to my webspace. After that downloaded and saved all the .map files to my /usr/local/share/showeq/maps area. They indeed show up in there but when i run showeq and go file>open map>one of the PoP maps no map shows up and this is what i get at the prompt..

Attempting to load map: /usr/local/share/showeq/powar.map
Error reading short name in map '/usr/local/share/showeq/powar.map

so im not sure if i missed a step or what is wrong if anyone can guide me to a link to adding maps or fixing it I would be really appreciative of it as i want to get ready for PoP before it comes out.

Thanx

Cryonic
10-10-2002, 03:26 PM
You might have messed them up by uncompressing them on the Windows machine.

I'm guessing you used FTP to transfer them over and had ascii mode selected (default for most clients). This put Windows Carriage Returns (CR) into the files and Unix doesn't use those.

To correct them, try using dos2unix.

lexan
10-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Where would i find the Dos2unix exactly heh. Also do you think it would be easier if i just got the files directly from the link here in the forums directly into the /usr/local/share/showeq/maps diretory and if i did what is the command again to untar them think it was like tar -gz something er rather :p

Or also If anyone wants to post a step by step insruction on how to get/add the files for newbs and how to add them into the directory properly im sure alot of people would appreciate it as they including me have never had to add a new map before.

Cryonic
10-10-2002, 05:12 PM
rpmfind.net <-- use it, search it, love it :)

man tar <-- All the switches for tar and more, heheh.

tar -xvzf filename