PDA

View Full Version : One problem after another...

JCDyer
10-11-2002, 05:38 PM
I was doing ok in till I got to the make command. I get the following error, after going so far into it:

Success!
Please run:
make
[root@localhost showeq]# make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/seq/showeq'
Making all in maps
make[2]: Entering directory `/seq/showeq/maps'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/maps'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/seq/showeq/src'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c main.cpp
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c spawn.cpp
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c spawnshell.cpp
spawnshell.cpp: In member function `void SpawnShell::consMessage(const considerStruct*, unsigned int, unsigned char)':
spawnshell.cpp:831: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [spawnshell.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[root@localhost showeq]#

I think the is probably why I got the error in the make install command, I never noticed the error in here first. So anyone have any ideas on the cause of this problem? I read something about memory in another post... I have 64mb, and my swap is a little over 100mb... Should I try increasing my swap? I don't think I can put much more ram than 64... Or is this not even the problem? Thanks for any help.

JCD

codepig666
10-11-2002, 09:10 PM
What version of Mandrake and gcc are you using?

JCDyer
10-12-2002, 05:09 AM
Mandrake 9.0 and the standered that comes with that... I was told that it should work.

JCDyer
10-12-2002, 11:16 AM
After reading codepig666 Mandrake 9.0 guide, I realise I did everything but install the version of QT he spoke of. Would this be what is causing my error? Or is it more due to memory. If so, I can run down to my work real quick and pick some up.

Dedpoet
10-12-2002, 12:11 PM
It is most likely Qt. Running out of memory doesn't often crash a compiler unless you are also out of virtual memory. Yes, it does happen, but I don't think you would get the error you did if that were the case. I would try the Qt version mentioned in the guide you read.