PDA

View Full Version : crashing zones at will?

eronj
10-11-2002, 10:58 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3161

You guys think its real or a joke? If its a joke explain why. Same thing if it is real.

Veinworm
10-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Ah, it makes sense now. A friend of mine recently crashed the bazaar. He did it as a demostration to the GMS. I never asked him how he did it but I'm sure it is how they are re-popping the zones.

John
10-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Yup, as someone mentioned on the link its very easy to crash zones. Its rampant across SZ and basically undetectable due to the nature of the zone crashing :P Its pretty bad on SZ atm, where a single person has the power to disrupt a raid with no way to stop him or her. My only guess is that a gm actually sees the person in action which is going to be very unlikely.

So to those that have already figured it out... DONT TELL ANYONE. The ability to respawn mobs is not a big deal. The ability to completely stop a guild from raiding is very very harsh.

Pigeon
10-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Too late. SZ'ers are already posting details on lots of server boards. Have done so on my server's board already.

Pigeon
10-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Veinworm
Ah, it makes sense now. A friend of mine recently crashed the bazaar. He did it as a demostration to the GMS. I never asked him how he did it but I'm sure it is how they are re-popping the zones.

Umm, are we talking about the same sploit? The one on my server boards wouldn't work in the bazaar.

Ratt
10-12-2002, 10:16 PM
There's two different methods... and you're right, one of them wouldn't work in the Bazaar... the other would though.