PDA

View Full Version : rebooting

patheticpeople
10-12-2002, 03:35 PM
I am having a problem that I was wondering if anyone can help me with. I have a separate box running redhat 7.3 and seq and often when I log off my eq session on my pc the next time I log in seq wont see the datastream until I reboot the win box. What causes this and is there a faster fix then a reboot on the win box?

Dedpoet
10-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Please give some more details. Network layout, number of EQ clients, etc. are helpful for thi type of problem.

patheticpeople
10-13-2002, 01:13 AM
It happened the last time I had a seq install as well and that was a slightly different setup but the current setup is..

Cable modem to hub to 2 PCs.

PC 1 running Win2k Adv Server (single EQ instance in EQW)
PC 2 running redhat 7.3 (only use is seq)

Both machines have public IPs.

Any other info?

Dedpoet
10-13-2002, 08:10 AM
EQW can be problematic. Do you have session tracking checked in the Network menu on Seq? Are you starting Seq with the IP of the client? The command is

showeq --ip-address 10.0.0.1

Obviously, replace 10.0.0.1 with your EQ box's IP.

Cryonic
10-13-2002, 10:25 AM
EQW is only problematic if you are running multiple instances. I use it on my machine (Win2k Pro) with only one instance and I do not have to enable session tracking to get it to stay with me, even over a period of several days.

I would check to see if Session Tracking was enabled, and the next time you go to play EQ, go to Network -> Monitor Next Client Seen and see if that works without you having to reboot the Winbox.