PDA

View Full Version : spawnlog.txt in detail.

DiamondPro710
10-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Hello, as was writing a small script to clean up my spawnlog.txt and check for certain things, I ran into a small problem. As I play on two seperate servers, I've been getting confusing report back from spawnlog.txt, and just wanted to know if anyone could clarify a few things, as I couldn't find any info on it elsewhere.

Here is a portion of my spawnlog.txt (edited for obvious reasons)

-x:random_mob01(2509):54:992.-1170,310:21.45.02:3:randomzone:07.48.04.11.3181:Pl ayerX(2400)

From what I can tell this means the following

random_mob01, which has been given #2509 to identify itself, who is level 54, was killed at location 992,1170,310, at 21:45:02 in randomzone, by PlayerX.

The segments of text I have not yet figured out are what the "3" means before the zone.. and everything inbetween the name of the zone and the player who killed the mob. for this example that line of text would be "07.48.04.11.3181"

I am hoping there is some way to decipher a date, and espescially a server specification.

If there is some other way I have not yet figured to check spawnlog.txt for which server something happened on. please let me know, or direct me to a forum in which this has been discussed. thank you very much for your time.

Cryonic
10-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Blue posted this in the thread right below yours:

This is the format of the spawnlogs:

:name(spawnID):Level:Xpos:Ypos:Zpos:H.m.s:Ver:Zone :eqHour.eqMinute.eqMonth.eqDay.eqYear:killedBy(spa wnID)

Not much help for finding pets except by name.

DiamondPro710
10-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks... so no way to tell which server it is by the spawnlog.txt report? other than possibly comparing EQ times?

Cryonic
10-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Nope, but does it really matter which server you are on since they are all basically the same?

DiamondPro710
10-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Actually yes, the worlds on each server are exactly the same. But I'm trying to monitor rare spawns on two seperate servers. being able to pick up both timers would be nice. However, I can't get any info about which server it is from the spawnlog, therefore i cant monitor both at the same time.

Cryonic
10-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Create a script that copies the appropriate spawnlog file into place then starts SEQ. On exit it moves it back.

#!/bin/bash
SHOWEQ=/usr/local/bin
SHARE=/usr/local/share/showeq
SERVER=$1

mv -f $SHARE/spawnlog.$SERVER $SHARE/spawnlog.txt
$SHOWEQ/showeq
mv -f $SHARE/spawnlog.txt $SHARE/spawnlog.$SERVER

loiloi
10-22-2002, 05:08 PM
You can also just use a different config file with a different output file setting for each server... showeq -o seqdefServerName.xml

Cryonic
10-22-2002, 06:08 PM
That too. Depends on what you want to do. If you do it the way I showed, then any time you make a change to SEQ (fonts, position, size, etc...), then when you save your preferences they will be that way no matter what server you are on.

By using different config files, you will have to start SEQ under each config file and make the same changes to each and save them out to get them to stick to all instances.