PDA

View Full Version : compile error

darkangelx
10-17-2002, 04:53 AM
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/showeq/maps'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/showeq/src'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c main.cpp
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c spawn.cpp
spawn.cpp: In member function `virtual QString Spawn::dumpString() const':
spawn.cpp:819: Internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [spawn.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I did verify I have all the min requirements or greater. I have been running 4.2.14 with no problems, tried to update today and got that error. I did installed libpcap as instructed. v 0.7.1 , the rest i havent changed. For kicks I killed my SEq dir and did a cvs check showeq from CVS to make sure i had the correct files any suggestions?

S_B_R
10-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Just a guess but try compiling outside of X at the command line. Maybe a memory issue?

darkangelx
10-17-2002, 08:57 AM
nope i never compile in X, next

Mr. Suspicious
10-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Always wonder why people never follow up the advice as given in the error message:

Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

darkangelx
10-17-2002, 11:10 PM
I wonder why poeple always post moronic shit about people trying to get real help. Why dont you fucking click on the god damn link and figure out for YOURSELF why exactly that does jack and shit for my problem? Next time I post for help you can stay the fuck off it.

Mr. Suspicious
10-18-2002, 06:30 AM
* hands darkangelx a bar of soap and and a toothbrush *

Why is it people come here all the time and start swearing as soon as someone adds a perfectly sane question? Is it Age? Maturity? Simply Bad Temper? Never tought Manners?

You react to your coworkers or friends/teachers at school in the same way? Is it normal to speak to eachother in the town you live like this? Do you treat your parents this way? Or do they treat you like this?

darkangelx
10-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I dont openly flame ignorant retards until they open thier mouths with information they "think" then know. How I talk isn't your business is it? If I want to say fuck I will, if i want to say shit I will if you dont like it fuck off. I am not here to impress you or anyone else with how I talk. Don't post about shit you have no clue about and maybe you wont get this kind of reaction tard.

high_jeeves
10-18-2002, 06:01 PM
Wow.. watch the flock of people run to help the nice, well spoken, polite young man...

--Jeeves

domesticbeer
10-18-2002, 09:19 PM
And which version cause it is bombing on a QT statement

darkangelx
10-19-2002, 01:21 AM
Using qt 2.3.2

darkangelx
10-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Always wonder why people never follow up the advice as given in the error message:

I am sorry but that isnt an honest question. That is the answer from a very ignorant person that did not even try using the link he is trying to tell me to use. Sound advice will not be flamed. Someone being a dick will get that kind of response. If you have a problem Jeeves then dont help me. I would expect anyone with half a clue and have actually CLICKED on the link to understand why it does nothing. Have you? no? Then please get off my ass.

high_jeeves
10-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Dont worry, I wasnt planning on helping you. Although, we do see this problem 3 times a month or so.. and it is solveable.. but.. since you are such a polite, lovable young boy, and you asked me nicely not to help you... i'll have to oblidge..

--Jeeves

darkangelx
10-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Well why dont you re-read what you posted to me first Jeeves. You were anything but a pompus sarcastic jerk and you expect me to stop and ignore that obvious attempt of making an ass of yourself and say oh he is so cool and has all the answers maybe I should just bend over and like it. Forgive me god but I dont work that way. Sorry I stepped on your giant ego and didnt take it like a little bitch.

Cryonic
10-20-2002, 10:15 PM
I did follow the link the error provided and the information found there sounds very reasonable to expect when a compile segfaults. When all the info you give us is the fact that it segfaulted it can't be troubleshooted other than pulling guesses out of our asses, or judging by your reaction to the suggestion of reading the link, pulling a solution out of you.

darkangelx
10-20-2002, 10:25 PM
that is a much more informative answer than his response and after looking more thoroughly through the search I think I have found my answer. Although Jeeve's response to not help me he indeed did help explaining that others were having a simular problem and I just had to look harder than I did previous. I didnt get the exact same error but at least it was something close. Thanks Jeeves :)

darkangelx
10-21-2002, 04:48 AM
Ok as stated before I have found out the problem some sim links here and there were out of whack and I got that issue resolved. Now then:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c itemdbtool.cpp
itemdbtool.cpp:9:27: linux/version.h: No such file or directory
itemdbtool.cpp: In function `void displayVersion(EQItemDB*)':
itemdbtool.cpp:453: `UTS_RELEASE' undeclared (first use this function)
itemdbtool.cpp:453: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
make: *** [itemdbtool.o] Error 1

I did make a retard mistake and delete the 2.2.19 kernel source recently (dont ask) and redownloaded it. Anyway, I was wondering what version.h is this file looking for... I see many version.h's from mysql to perl. Any assistance would be helpful.
Thanks.

Cryonic
10-21-2002, 12:16 PM
do you have kernel-headers rpm installed? That should be the actual linux/version.h that the compiler should link to since those would be the version that glibc was compiled against.

darkangelx
10-21-2002, 12:25 PM
I dont use RPMs, sorry Guess that would help using slackware 8.0 and I found a version.h in the /usr/src/linux-2.2.19/arch/1386/math-emu/version.h but something tells me that isnt it because when viewed it shows this:/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| version.h |
| |
| |
| Copyright (C) 1992,1993,1994,1996,1997 |
| W. Metzenthen, 22 Parker St, Ormond, Vic 3163, Australia |
| E-mail [email protected] |
| |
| |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#define FPU_VERSION "wm-FPU-emu version 2.00"

so I dont think that is it I am half tempted to just make one with whatever its looking for. It is obvious the kernel v. 2.2.19 ( i havent recompiled a new one so it is stock) I just need to know what to put in there if ya have a guess

Cryonic
10-21-2002, 01:46 PM
my copy was stored in /usr/include/linux. If you built the kernel, then that directory most likely got symlinked to your build directory.

If those files aren't in the kernel tarball, then they must be made when make dep is run (make clean && make dep && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install).

Guess that means you will need to configure and remake the kernel source tree (shouldn't have to do the full build, just make sure the options match).

my copy for kernel 2.4.18 is hiding in /usr/src/linux-2.4.18/include/version.h

darkangelx
10-21-2002, 05:21 PM
I am compiling 2.4.18 now... will keep you updated thanks for your assistance by the way.

darkangelx
10-21-2002, 07:02 PM
ok i am going to shoot myself in the head now thanks for playing... total fubar'ed that install of the newer kernal (just dont ask) I am DLing the lx2219.tgz atm and will just install that since its the same kernel im running now. Btw jeeves I wanted to say I was sorry about going off on you. Stress and other things were getting to me and you just happen to be the victim of my short fuse. I take back my ill words to you if you would accept my apology.

-darkangelx

darkangelx
10-21-2002, 08:41 PM
to fix my problem i 1) replaced the fan on my processor (it was dying) 2) reinstalled the package for the kernel source and lastly added a sim link to asm in /usr/inlcude to /usr/src/linux-2.2.19/include/asm and whamo instant compile. I love 900 mhtz athlons :)

Thanks for all the advice and assistance.