PDA

View Full Version : New Opcodes -- Map Fix for latest Patch on Test

EQDoze
10-18-2002, 07:15 AM
These will get the map working, at the very least.

#define ZoneEntryCode 0x2840
#define CharProfileCode 0x3640
#define NewZoneCode 0x5b40
#define ZoneSpawnsCode 0x5f41
#define MobUpdateCode 0x9f40
#define ZoneChangeCode 0xa340
#define CDoorSpawnsCode 0xf741

I'll leave it to the existing developers to set the direction from here.

Enjoy.

---
EQDoze .oO(Zzzz...)

high_jeeves
10-18-2002, 03:17 PM
Good work EQDoze.

Ratt:

Do you want this solved, or would you prefer that it stays broken for a few weeks, like with luclin. I cant tell yet if they actually modded the encryption/cypher, but they certainly made it so that the quick method found in libEQ doesnt work anymore (even with opcodes and the like fixed).. I'm going to continue to work on getting it cracked again, but I wont post results until I hear one way or another from you guys.

--Jeeves

CoolGuyEQ
10-19-2002, 07:34 AM
Jeeves,
Email me please - email in my profile.

CGEQ

Exo
10-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Has Ratt answered the question as to if he wants work on this to be made public?

EQNutter
10-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Made these opcode changes and things semi-work. Didn't seem to track my movement at all though.

Also on a slightly related matter I'm interested in finding out how to track these opcodes myself. Can anyone point me in the direction of some links so I can do some reading up? I tried searching but couldn't find anything relevant. :(

MisterSpock
10-21-2002, 04:30 PM
#define PlayerPosCode 0xf340

Set broken decode and the other opcodes listed here, and you have mapping PLUS player position back.

Until I hear more regarding Ratt's preferences regarding this expansion, I'm not going to post anything else. This gets back your basic mapping with spawn locations, but no other info.

e@tme
10-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Okies,

Thanks to those that have posted the above info, and the info in the other thread.

Now, Who do i need to bribe to get some more codes ;P as i dont seem to ba able to crack (via various incantations and Hit and miss) any more

*sob*

Oh well, At leats im learning more of how seq fits together :P

Thanks

** edited and swapped coeds for codes - I prefer co-eds but that is Very off topic :PP ** /em writes note to self to check typing next time

kaos057
10-21-2002, 06:16 PM
I know its a newb question but how do i go about changing opcodes?

qflux
10-21-2002, 06:17 PM
how are these entered ?

just the hex ?

with # ?

just in opcode list seperated by ":" and ending in ";" ? or is there a file

sorry im a newb

TDES
10-21-2002, 06:25 PM
I did a search for (edit opcodes) and was rewarded quite easily.

Thanks to those that posted codes btw ..

baelang
10-21-2002, 06:32 PM
first, use the search feature. (standard reply to almost all questions here, including the ones i ask.)

second, to figure out for yourself where and how these codes are used:

* go to the src directory
* use our old pal "grep" to find the files that contain the text you are interested in. for example: grep "define PlayerPosCode" *
* next view the file and check out how they are used to kind of get an idea what to do. for example: vi -R opcodes.h
* make a backup copy of the file you are about to change, then edit the file as you see fit. recompile and test.

Third, ask any followup questions in the format:
* I am trying to do XXX
* I (searched and) found YYY
* I tried ZZZ and it resulted in AAA
* The bit i am stuck on is BBB
* could you please suggest where i go from here?
this shows that you are working on it dilligently, rather than just want someone to hand you the answer. you will get much better responces that way.

Forth post a followup once you find your answer so that someone searching on the same problem will find their answer too.

at least thats what works for me.

Guinney
10-21-2002, 07:46 PM
This is teaching me alot of the inner workings of Seq...I like it this way.. here's what changed now you find it and make the changes. It takes the candy coating off it and makes one actually do something besides running some script. Thanks to those that have posted the changes. Maybe the Developers and contributors could give us a tidbit a day =) The GPS system is up and running but I noticed something while making the changes it will probably totally goof things up but nothing ventured nothing gained....

/em begins to wonder if he's one of the ones that's proving Einstein right..

falkore
10-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Million monkies?

Mr. Suspicious
10-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Million monkies?

lol, yes.

Smack
10-22-2002, 04:44 AM
Uptadet since i solved much of my problems, still no spawns, but map loads, about to re-compile after changing the playerpos.

Simon
10-22-2002, 05:49 AM
Smack,

Did you recompile after changing the codes ? I did and maps work 'fine' now. (Shows map and your location on it, all spaws unknown).

tmaxwell2435
10-22-2002, 06:09 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up but the file the opcodes are in is opcode.h. Change them and recompile. I think someone mentioned something about touching some .h files. I just did a make clean and then started over.

Simon
10-22-2002, 06:23 AM
Am I the first monkey to notice that the changed opcodes all go go from _x___2_ to _X___4_ ?

There seem to be more candidates like this, but maybe it's just my simple monkeybrain fooling me.

Smack
10-22-2002, 06:34 AM
i updated my original post, maps loaded fine, but my position on map was not showing.

Read through some other posts and looked like someone had another change for opcode.

tried to recompile and this is the error i got:

---------------------------------
packet.cpp: In member function `void EQPacket::dispatchZoneData(unsigned int,
uint8_t*, unsigned char)':
packet.cpp:2091: `NewSpawnCode' undeclared (first use this function)
packet.cpp:2091: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [packet.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
----------------------------------

so i did a "make distclean" to try and get an update from cvs and now i can't connect :(

replaced the old opcode file and gonna reinstall and recompile and change codes and re-recompile again.
Will post an update.

and yes I am a newbie, but i'm trying my best, i can only read and comprehend so much :)

Jel321
10-22-2002, 06:53 AM
Thanks to MisterSpock. Player pos works now.

Zor
10-22-2002, 07:02 AM
Okay, this is bugging me. I've been poking at this stuff half of the night. I'm not really making any progress, just trying to clear up as many unknowns as I can figure out.

I've been working on matching things up to everquest.h, and now I'm at SummonedItemCode (old opcode 0x7821). Now, this packet definately has the item's name in it. But, the summonedItemStruct has an itemItemStruct element, which doesnt have a name element. This might be because of changes, but elsewhere the summoned item's name is refered to, which shouldnt have worked at all. ItemStruct seems to be a much closer match, but still not perfect. So, am I crazy? Or is it time to start changing everything to ItemStruct. I probably just need more sleep.. .

MisterSpock
10-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Smack,

Check Opcodes.h to make sure you don't have two #defines that show the same opcode value...

If one gets careless simply adding 0x0020 to all the opcodes, there will be at least one duplicate that occurs.

learningquick
10-22-2002, 07:51 AM
nt

fgay trader
10-22-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by learningquick
Instructions to fix. (FOR RH7.2)
cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf

I think it's been covered enough times that showeq.conf is no longer used ;)

learningquick
10-22-2002, 07:58 AM
k so I am running an older version. =P

Just havent gotten around to updating my seq because it has been working just fine. guess I will just so I can help out better.

lq

SEQnoobie
10-22-2002, 08:28 AM
Long time SEQ user, first time tinkerer, taking a look at unknown OPCODES...

I think I have found some... changed and recompiling now (dam my slow linux machine)... I'll let you all know if I find out any useful OPCODE information...

Wish me luck...

datadog
10-22-2002, 08:51 AM
Are we still looking for changed opcodes? or is the spawn decoding thing a LibEQ problem?

SEQnoobie
10-22-2002, 08:55 AM
I have been expermenting a bit more... I have managed to get minor things working like EXP, AA Exp, HP, Mana, Stam, Water, Food, Spell Casting (Casting, removing and meming spells), Some Channel messages...

Still making changes and recompiling... 30mins for a compile... **Sigh**

Will try to get spawns decoded... but dunno if I will get lucky.

bubbahlicious
10-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Hey learningquick:

Thanks for the directions, but I think you're leading people down a lot of unecessary wasted time.

Just changing some constant defines in a single header shouldn't require you to clean your entire derived object tree (no need to 'make clean' or 'make distclean'). The 'make' utility does a good job of tracking which source files have changed, and therefore which object files need to be recompiled.

Just edit the header and update the #define values. Then go back to the source root, and re-run 'make ; make install'.

I'm at work right now, so I can't test that the resultant executable is any better, but it built and installed very quickly for me over my remote X connection.

Shadow Walker
10-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Ok I am not sure about this but since this is my first post, so here gose... <Gets ready to be Flamed>

I was wondering if there is an easyer way to enter the OpCode with out recompailing it evertime I want to check out a new feature or HEX code that I am Testing.. Waiting from 15 to 20mins sometimes becomes boring to test out one little change, it slows me down. I did see this feature in SEQ in the regaurds to Enable OpCode Monitor, but frakly I am not sure how to use it right.. <Still new to the interface of the SEQ Program>

I am guessing that it dose let you change them from time to time, yet since I do not how to use it, I am not sure if it is what I need for testing, BTW thanks for the other codes for the Map Features Help out with some of the Code inputs I am testing on Targets that I know about.

Any little help would be nice in this area.. <Ready for the Wipping to begain> :rolleyes:

Shadow Walker of EQ

Mr. Suspicious
10-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Waiting from 15 to 20mins sometimes becomes boring to test out one little change, it slows me down.

Either you have a "normal" PC (anyhthing higher then 1Ghz) and you are doing a complete recompile or you have a very slow PC (100Mhz) and you are compiling only the changed files.

case1: Stop doing complete recompiles, simple make the changes to the source, "make && make install" and that should only recompile the files you changed and apply it to the binary.

case2: no way to speed up the process other then use a faster machine.

Graffix
10-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the help on opcodes. After making some changes, touch, make and make install, things are looking better. Any new news on spawns? opcodes? libEQ?

I'll take some more cracks at it when I get out of work.

-graffix

e@tme
10-22-2002, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know how to alter the datalen of ServerZoneEntryStruct?

I have tried to change this in everquest.h but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Does this change happen in libEQ.a?

Grateful for any input

dana523
10-22-2002, 01:44 PM
here is my problem i changed the opcodes.h and then did a cd, next tried to do the make and make install and i am told

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I did a search for make and make install and it cannot be found my dir is not in the seq/showeq mine is in the /root/showeq/showeq, I have no clue how this happened my husband helped me with the install so he will have this same problem also.

the files i looked under for the make and the make install are
File:/
File:/root
nothing has been found under anything however i did find a make under /usr/bin/

i am new to this so i am really lost :confused:

Ok im going to look for the makefile dir and see where it is.

Ok the makefile.dist is not working wither getting
bash: Makefile.dist: command not found

i have tried under /root/showeq and /root/showeq/showeq
i did a manual search for that file and it is there but when i type it in it gives me the command not found.

can u jsut do a manual update or will that mess the opcodes up?

baelang
10-22-2002, 01:52 PM
using the SEARCH feature, i found this thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2050

in which your answer is found half way down.

you can read that thread for your answer or optionally you can:
make clean
make

and that should do it for you.

EDIT: i reread your message and perhaps you are not in the showeq direcory?

tmiss
10-22-2002, 02:04 PM
dana523 said:

"and then did a cd, next tried"

I'm going to try taking you literally here since it may be the source of your problem. You needed to do a "cd .." before running make after editing the opcodes.h file. From what you wrote I'd guess you could get to the right directory by typing "cd /root/showeq/showeq" but no guarantees. In any case, you need a file called "Makefile" to be in the current directory.

TMiss

DebianSEQ
10-22-2002, 02:08 PM
After these opcode changes, view unknow spawns in your map window. It's not perfect, but at least you can see where the mobs are. All are 'unknown'.

AMonk
10-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the info so far. I have my system showing essentially in broken decode mode.

What I really want to know is how you obtain the opcodes. What method do you use to determine the structure of the information?

Thanks!

JustACoder
10-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by DebianSEQ
After these opcode changes, view unknow spawns in your map window. It's not perfect, but at least you can see where the mobs are. All are 'unknown'.

would it be possible to walk up to this mob click it and enter in information of what the mob is? seems to easy , and would help a little bit.

DebianSEQ
10-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Tried it. No good. Just unknown.

DebianSEQ
10-22-2002, 02:29 PM
I've compiled a list of all the opcodes found so far. This list has one more than the beginning of this thread...

#define NewSpawnCode 0x4341

dana523
10-22-2002, 02:43 PM
Ok this is what i found is there where i need to be to do the make and make install

cd /root/showeq/
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

is this what i need to do? or is it here

make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make -j3 && make install
either way there are in the /root/showeq

AMonk
10-22-2002, 02:46 PM
These commands are equivalent. Either should work properly.

From the make man page:

-j jobs
Specifies the number of jobs (commands) to run simul*
taneously. If there is more than one -j option, the
last one is effective. If the -j option is given
without an argument, make will not limit the number
of jobs that can run simultaneously.

Personally, i use:

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make
make install

/shrug

DebianSEQ
10-22-2002, 02:49 PM
You don't have to recompile the whole thing every time you edit opcodes.h - From your showeq dir, follow the following commands...

cd src
touch packet.cpp
touch decode.cpp
cd ..
make
make install

this will recompile only the necessary parts.

[edit: spelling]

Mr. Suspicious
10-22-2002, 02:50 PM
cd /root/showeq/
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

is this what i need to do? or is it here

either way there are in the /root/showeq

Both the same thing, pick one you like. (I personally prefer the line by line syntax, because that lets me see exactly where the process goes wrong if it does.)

[simplistic]
"&&" in the 2nd option you posted means: AND WHEN DONE THEN DO, so you are wrapping several lines you normally would type and execute after eachother into one line to be executed all in one go (and after eachother)

So (again in laymans terms)

means

make -f Makefile.dist AND WHEN DONE THEN DO ./configure AND WHEN DONE THEN DO make -j3 AND WHEN DONE THEN DO make install

now replace "AND WHEN DONE THEN DO" with an "<enter>" and you get

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make -j3
make install

See how option no. 1 and option no. 2 are the same?

DoomSEQ
10-22-2002, 02:54 PM
After wandering through the defined opcodes and the new ones, I started to see a pattern. If you look at the original opcodes vs the new ones, they have all been incremented by 0x0020. Has anyone tried changing the rest of the opcodes to be 0x??4? yet? It seems like something VI would do to throw off apps like SEQ and SINS while not having to go through large scale protocol revamps.

I haven't had a chance to work on my copy of SEQ yet (my laptop dual boots between WinXP and Linux so I don't have direct access to my linux partitions) but if it works, then we may have just dodged the bullet.

DebianSEQ
10-22-2002, 02:59 PM
This has been done.. not all are like that. Be patient, this is being worked on as we speak.

dana523
10-22-2002, 03:16 PM
ok i think i might have got it this time the pronblem was that i was not getting the qt-2.3.2 i was getting 2.3.1 for some reason, am able now to do the make and the make install.

em: crosses fingers ;)

will let u know if this works.

baelang
10-22-2002, 03:36 PM
check your /etc/ld.so.conf if you are using redhat packages. also, be sure to always export QTDIR to the proper directory. sometimes if I have more than one version of qt on my system i have those types of problems.

e@tme
10-22-2002, 03:39 PM

I have tried to change this in everquest.h but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Does this change happen in libEQ.a?

Grateful for any input

Mr. Suspicious
10-22-2002, 03:57 PM

Grateful for any input

You already asked that in this same thread e@tme, if no-one answered to it, it's either because:

1) They don't know the answer.
2) They know the answer, but don't want to tell it.
3) Someone that knows the answer and would be willing to tell so didn't read the post yet.

You can post the same question a 100 times, but that won't change anything to above 3 options.

e@tme
10-22-2002, 04:00 PM
A simple no would have been fine - im in no mood for flame wars when im trying to help out here

/em goes back to opcodes

*edit*

On reflection I was prolly a lil hasty with my comment, and patience is not one of my strong points at the mo :)

No hard feelings Mr. Suspicious

e@tme
10-22-2002, 04:16 PM
I have just done a search on libEQ and came up with the following post...

Very Good Post (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1517&highlight=libEQ)

Now That post tells me a lot of things...

1) Ratt and the other Developers have their work cut out for them. Most of the opcode stuff seems relatively easy, but cracking a 64bit key will take a while :P

2) No matter how much we cry/winge/persevere with trying to get anything other than PlayerPos and Maps, we aint gonna do it

3) /em goes and camps the Post Box for PoP (in uk so may get a lil bit of frostbite) hehe

Have fun

dana523
10-22-2002, 05:27 PM
WOOT Thank you all I got it all grey dots but i have map and self. You all are UBER!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for all the work you do

oakley
10-22-2002, 07:30 PM
no matter what i do, everytime i change opcodes and try to get the basic functions working, i start showeq and it sits at "Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0" Dosn't move from there. ever. any ideas what the problem is? I have been trying to get it to work forever, i have probably spent about 8 hours trying to get this to work.

e@tme
10-22-2002, 07:33 PM
I wouldnt concern yourself with the opcode 0 0 0 string. It was there before the patch changes. It has no impact on the decode issues since mondays patch

oakley
10-22-2002, 07:42 PM
then why is it just sitting there? it just sits right there at that, not doing anything.. No windows poping up, now error message, nothing. just sits there at that.

e@tme
10-22-2002, 08:07 PM
Have you installed and compiled correctly?

Have you tried to download the cvs again and re-install?

Did it work for you before you made any changes to files?

S.H.E
10-22-2002, 08:07 PM
You guys rock!

Any data need to be gathered to workout the rest of packets? /or to help with decoding the new keys?

Shadow Walker
10-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by DoomSEQ
After wandering through the defined opcodes and the new ones, I started to see a pattern. If you look at the original opcodes vs the new ones, they have all been incremented by 0x0020. Has anyone tried changing the rest of the opcodes to be 0x??4? yet? It seems like something VI would do to throw off apps like SEQ and SINS while not having to go through large scale protocol revamps.

OK I know that DebianSEQ Said it has been done but My question is what about adding a binary 2 to all the OpCodes, has this worked for any of them?

Example 0x??2? = Binary ???? ???? 0010 ???? Add 0010 to the binary code would equal the 0x??4? what if you did that to a code that was already a 4 0100 0110 6 Hex 8 1000 1010 A Hex

Has any one tried this?

Going to try it in a fe to see if it dose, but thought I would ask to see if it already has ben done

binky
10-22-2002, 09:58 PM
:rolleyes: I'd like to remind everyone that this is a *development* forum. "This forum is for the discussion of development issues related to ShowEQ. It is NOT a help forum". Not a forum where noobs can complain about how they can't do something as simple as changing a few defines in a header file, and/or recompiling. If you can't do that then honestly i don't know if you should be or deserve to be using ShowEQ.

Let's stick to revelant and helpful development posts, such as new opcodes, ideas about fixing the broken decryption, announcements or discussion between the real developers, etc, so this thing can be sorted out as quickly and cleanly as possible. :rolleyes:

If you want help, go to the help forum.
And if you still can't figure it out, just wait for a few damn days (maybe weeks?), update, and remake.

Regards

AMonk
10-22-2002, 09:59 PM
Could we use this post to list new opcode info? I would like to modify my files and get back to full function asap.

More importantly, I would like some information on how the opcode information is determined. It would be nice to contribute to the effort.

cheese_poker
10-23-2002, 11:56 AM
All the opcode changes, while annoying (I am quite fond of my SEQ box), is very educational. Just by reading the posts here and fiddling with the src, I can now navigate with map again. :) Thanks a ton !!

information on how the opcode information is determined. It would be nice to contribute to the effort

From a curiosity standpoint, I'd love to hear more on how to determine the codes, and if at all, more *novice* people could lend a hand. I'm a little hesitant to go off arbitrarily changing the codes.

z26o
10-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I would like to add:

#define BeginCastCode 0xa940
#define StartCastCode 0x7e41
#define SPMesgCode 0x8041
These opcodes seem to re-enable the spell list. As an enchanter, I really needed to know when my mez was about to drop. :)
Hope you get some use out of it.

-z-

DebianSEQ
10-23-2002, 01:22 PM
add these:

#define RemDropCode 0x2d40
#define MakeDropCode 0x2c40

DebianSEQ
10-23-2002, 03:25 PM
and this:

#define cCursorItemCode 0x2c41

DebianSEQ
10-23-2002, 04:55 PM
a few more:

#define OpenVendorCode 0x0b40
#define ItemInShopCode 0x0c40
#define xBuyItemCode 0x3540

mvern
10-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Heres some of mine:

#define ChannelMessageCode 0x0741
#define EmoteTextCode 0x1540
#define FormattedMessageCode 0x3642
#define ConsiderCode 0x3741
#define ActionCode 0x5840
#define ClientTargetCode 0x6241
#define PlayerItemCode 0x6441
#define PlayerBookCode 0x6541
#define PlayerContainerCode 0x6641
#define ManaDecrementCode 0x7f41
#define IllusionCode 0x9140
#define HPUpdateCode 0xb240
#define Attack2Code 0xa140
#define CPlayerItemsCode 0xf641

enjoy :)

A_Mystic_Voice
10-23-2002, 06:46 PM
One more

#define StaminaCode 0x5741

tanker
10-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DebianSEQ

Maybe I missed it but what should sWhoAllOutputCode be?

#define sWhoAllOutputCode 0x0b40

homer
10-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Hmm... Maybe that has something to do with why I got this: http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2094

*Update*

I tried again and got the same error. I then changed #define OpenVendorCode 0x0b40 back to 0x0b20 and it compiled fine.

MisterSpock
10-23-2002, 07:50 PM
I'm reasonably certain that

#define DeleteSpawnCode 0x2940

is correct.

A_Mystic_Voice
10-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Another one

qwerty
10-23-2002, 08:22 PM
#define ExpUpdateCode 0x9941

rramsey
10-23-2002, 09:37 PM
#define RemDropCode 0x2d40

mvern
10-23-2002, 09:45 PM
One I forgot in my last post:

#define AltExpUpdateCode 0x2342

DebianSEQ
10-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Have you all verified your codes? Like used the opcode monitor to actually see them working? It's great we can change 20 to 40.. but some are not correct that way..

SeqTester
10-23-2002, 11:12 PM
same list with them in order.

Makes a little easier for changing by hand.

___________________New List_______________________
#define RemDropCode 0x2b40
#define TradeContainerInCode 0x3040
#define xBuffDropCode 0x3241
#define CastOnCode 0x4640
#define NewCorpseCode 0x4a40
#define DoorOpenCode 0x8e40
#define WearChangeCode 0x9240
#define TimeOfDayCode 0xf240
#define cWhoAllCode 0xf440
#define SpawnApperanceCode 0xf540

________________???____________________
This one was questionasble being next one was same value as it was so I added 20 to next one I am sure it may be wrong but I did it to hopefully avoid errors.

#define sWhoAllOutputCode 0x0b60 <--Questionable change

>>EDIT FOR CHANGES/ADDS<<
>>I will so my best to keep this one updated<<

DebianSEQ
10-23-2002, 11:14 PM
That change is wrong.. there are no version 60 opcodes =)
But put it at 60, or 20, or whatever till we find out what it really is.. my guess is that it's been taken out..

DebianSEQ
10-23-2002, 11:56 PM
made a mistake! (egads, not again!)

not 2d40..

pflaw
10-23-2002, 11:59 PM
You don't have to recompile the whole thing every time you edit opcodes.h - From your showeq dir, follow the following commands...

cd src
touch packet.cpp
touch decode.cpp
cd ..
make
make install

this will recompile only the necessary parts.

this worked the first time I used it. Second attempt however resulted in something about duplicate files. Do I need to delete packet.cpp and decode.cpp before doing it again?

mvern
10-24-2002, 12:01 AM
All of mine are verfied, and heres another:

DebianSEQ
10-24-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by pflaw

this worked the first time I used it. Second attempt however resulted in something about duplicate files. Do I need to delete packet.cpp and decode.cpp before doing it again?

Read a little more indepth.. others have had this problem.
DONT delete your .cpp files, else you will have to re-cvs them.

I think what you are looking for is the following:
#define sWhoAllOutputCode 0x0b20

Try that and recompile again.

bonkersbobcat
10-24-2002, 12:46 AM
Everyone knows that they can edit their own posts right? (If you make a mistake or want to add something you can use the edit button to go back and correct stuff)

Smack
10-24-2002, 02:21 AM

does not decode, is it just me?

DebianSEQ
10-24-2002, 02:22 AM
Just you. Works for many of us.

Smack
10-24-2002, 02:35 AM
that's bizzare, AA works, but regular exp doesn't, hmm.

i just re-touched and re-compiled jsut to be sure, still nothing.

Simon
10-24-2002, 03:36 AM
DebianSEQ,

Can you please reverify your posted

RemDropcode and MakeDropCode ?

With the first mistake there still seems to be some mixup with the _x_b40 , _x_c40 and _x_d40 values in these two codes, could you please repeat the correct codes ?

Txn

Seqwoes
10-24-2002, 03:50 AM
I'm getting an error when I type make -f Makefile dist. It says [from root@localhost showeq]:

cd . && autoheader
/usr/bin/autoheader: Symbol 'HAVE_LIBEQ' is not covered by /usr/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
make: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1

I've edited the opcodes.h file, but I just can't compile it. Any suggestions

Thanks!

Manaweaver
10-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Seems to be that some of the new opcodes have minor discrepencies(sp?). I just finished doing the opcodes...ran SEQ, then noticed my Cha was at 238...hmm....i have 65 cha odd....4 str and a lot of other minor oddities. the drops were off of the map except for one (I was in Cobalt Scar, will try other zones)...hmm I think that sums it up... Otherwise you guys are doing a fantastic job. Thanks for the great work! =)

suprphrk
10-24-2002, 06:56 AM
Here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=104)'s the file as i have it updated so far. Worked as of last nite, but now I'm at work and re-edited, so haven't tested it yet. Can repost if needed.

*edit sorry, too early, sleepy. Forgot to mention that I'll try to keep up with all of the changes that people post here, with an edit of the update date. Not gonna really bust my butt to keep up with this, it's just to save a bit of time when trying new opcodes. /edit*

*edit oops, thanks Flotsam. File updated with the change. 10/24/02 3:11pm CST /edit*

perlmonkey
10-24-2002, 11:01 AM
Ok, so here's what I have in my opcodes.h. You can just add this to the end of your existing opcodes.h, and you don't have to edit anything else.

/* PoP opcode update */
#undef ActionCode
#undef AltExpUpdateCode
#undef Attack2Code
#undef BeginCastCode
#undef BeginCastCode
#undef CDoorSpawnsCode
#undef CPlayerItemsCode
#undef ChannelMessageCode
#undef CharProfileCode
#undef ClientTargetCode
#undef ConsiderCode
#undef DeleteSpawnCode
#undef EmoteTextCode
#undef ExpUpdateCode
#undef FormattedMessageCode
#undef HPUpdateCode
#undef IllusionCode
#undef ItemInShopCode
#undef MakeDropCode
#undef ManaDecrementCode
#undef MobUpdateCode
#undef NewSpawnCode
#undef NewZoneCode
#undef OpenVendorCode
#undef PlayerBookCode
#undef PlayerContainerCode
#undef PlayerItemCode
#undef PlayerPosCode
#undef RemDropCode
#undef SPMesgCode
#undef StaminaCode
#undef StartCastCode
#undef ZoneChangeCode
#undef ZoneEntryCode
#undef ZoneSpawnsCode
#undef cCursorItemCode
#undef cWhoAllCode
#undef sWhoAllOutputCode
#undef xBuyItemCode

Nobody
10-24-2002, 11:19 AM
For the feignt of heart, here are the opcodes.h and everquest.h with the above patched in, just compiled clean for me.

They go in ...../CVS/showeq/src and I recomend copying the originals to a safe spot. Either that or be prepared to remove them and cvs update again just in case.

It compiles clean for me but I can't test while at work.

Ok, I have the attachment listed below but it's not showing in the actual message. Anyone know what's wrong? I can see it in the edit window right now.

suprphrk
10-24-2002, 11:23 AM
nice. only found 1 problem with that:

no biggie, just thought i'd let u know

DebianSEQ
10-24-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Simon
DebianSEQ,

Can you please reverify your posted

RemDropcode and MakeDropCode ?

With the first mistake there still seems to be some mixup with the _x_b40 , _x_c40 and _x_d40 values in these two codes, could you please repeat the correct codes ?

Txn

There is no 0x2d40 code at all.

suprphrk
10-24-2002, 12:56 PM
Nobody-

You have to put the actual [url=link ]text [/url ] codes in

Flotsam
10-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Suprphrk

You left out ChannelMessageCode (0741) from your updated file. Just an FYI.

suprphrk
10-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks Flotsam.

<-- really tired this morning when I made that, kinda figgered i'd overlook something. updated the file and put it back in the same message.

Flotsam
10-24-2002, 02:17 PM
#define DoorOpenCode 0x8e40
#define WearChangeCode 0x9240
#define SpawnApperanceCode 0xf540

This clears up a lot of junk...

Flotsam
10-24-2002, 02:35 PM
#define TradeContainerInCode 0x3040
#define xBuffDropCode 0x3241
#define TimeOfDayCode 0xf240

Mongo222
10-24-2002, 02:40 PM
deleted by me becuase of better posts

Madman
10-24-2002, 02:56 PM
I give credit to all of you staying on this. I for one truly appreciate it.
Maybe one of you can post a new thread with the finals again and then just reply to this one linking to there. All of you contributing/contributed link there also so we can pickup clean with what fixes we do have. I have been staring at the opcodes so long I was swatting X's and 4's at work. From what I gather we are getting close to a final version. The most important thing I see we are missing is the spawns themselves (well if I followed it all correctly). If this is right maybe we can all post what is still broken and start the process of elimination. Only thing about this plan is ( I know nothing about opcodes)... will some variables change that are working to meet the needs of others that aren't? In other words, are the hex values being put in re-arranged as we go or once they are fixed are they permanant at the moment and we move on to the next?

Flotsam
10-24-2002, 03:08 PM
#define TradeItemInCode 0x3140
#define CharInfo 0x2e40
#define TradeBookInCode 0x3440
#define cRunToggleCode 0x1f40
#define cJumpCode 0x2040
#define cStartCampingCode 0x0742
#define sSpellInterruptedCode 0x4142

plenTpak
10-24-2002, 03:08 PM
problem with

now corpses pile up on the screeen, how come they dont poof after someone loots it?

I dont see a DelCorpseCode.

Thanks,

pak

DebianSEQ
10-24-2002, 04:27 PM
remDropCode is the corpse removal code i believe.

Madman
10-24-2002, 04:57 PM
I renamed my opcode file and did the cvs update. sent me an opcode (thinking it was an old one) and everquest.h
Upon compiling I ran it and sure enough its almost all done. So the dev team is pounding on it now since PoP seems somewhat stable. oh, and corpses disapearing as well.

fryfrog
10-25-2002, 06:38 AM
i have merged all these changes into my opcodes.h file and created a diff file for casey to merge into cvs (well, test first).

di28889
10-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Anyone notice that ALL the opcodes went

from IE:
#define ZoneEntryCode 0x2820

to

just a change from 2 to 4 on all of them that i can see

SEQ User
10-25-2002, 02:51 PM
Everything between the cut --- Paste lines is a patch against the current opcodes.h verison 1.15. This patch includes not only some corrected opcodes, but some new ones as well, though SEQ cannot currently use them.
--- Cut --- Paste --- Cut --- Paste ---
diff -c -r1.15 opcodes.h
*** showeq/src/opcodes.h 25 Oct 2002 15:14:11 -0000 1.15
--- showeq/src/opcodes.h 25 Oct 2002 19:17:16 -0000
*** 35,46 ****
--- 35,50 ----

+ #define CharInfoRequest 0x1040
+
#define SysMsgCode 0x1420

#define PlayerAACode 0x1522

+ #define RandomResultsCode 0x1640
+
#define cRunToggleCode 0x1f40

#define cJumpCode 0x2040
*** 57,67 ****

! #define RemDropCode 0x2b40

! #define MakeDropCode 0x2c40

#define CharInfo 0x2e40

--- 61,73 ----

! #define RemDropCode 0x2c40

! #define MakeDropCode 0x2d40
!
! #define cDestroyCoinsCode 0x2d41

#define CharInfo 0x2e40

*** 73,83 ****

#define cConCorpseCode 0x3422

! #define sSpellFizzleRegainCode 0x3522

--- 79,93 ----

+ #define cConCorpseCode 0x3442
+
#define cConCorpseCode 0x3422

+ #define sSpellFizzleRegainCode 0x3522
+

! #define sSpellFizzleRegainCode 0x3542

*** 89,94 ****
--- 99,106 ----

#define GroupInviteCode 0x3e20

+ #define ConcludeTradeItemInfo 0x3e41
+
#define GroupDeclineCode 0x4140

#define sSpellInterruptedCode 0x4142
*** 97,107 ****

#define CloseGMCode 0x4321

! #define GroupDeleteCode 0x4420

#define sDoneLootingCode 0x4421

! #define CloseVendorCode 0x4521

--- 109,119 ----

#define CloseGMCode 0x4321

! #define GroupDeleteCode 0x4440

#define sDoneLootingCode 0x4421

! #define CloseVendorCode 0x4541

*** 109,123 ****

! #define cLootCorpseCode 0x4e20

! #define cDoneLootingCode 0x4f20

! #define MoneyOnCorpseCode 0x5020

#define ItemOnCorpseCode 0x5220

! #define CharUpdateCode 0x5521

--- 121,135 ----

! #define cLootCorpseCode 0x4e40

! #define cDoneLootingCode 0x4f40

! #define MoneyOnCorpseCode 0x5040

#define ItemOnCorpseCode 0x5220

! #define CharUpdateCode 0x5541

*** 127,134 ****
--- 139,152 ----

+ #define NPCDialogueCode 0x5e42
+

+ #define cRaidChangeCode 0x5f42
+
+ #define RaidStatusCode 0x6042
+

*** 155,161 ****

#define cTrackCode 0x8441

! #define cSneakCode 0x8521

#define cHideCode 0x8641

--- 173,179 ----

#define cTrackCode 0x8441

! #define cSneakCode 0x8541

#define cHideCode 0x8641

*** 173,179 ****

#define DoorSpawnCode 0x9520

! #define LevelUpUpdateCode 0x9821

--- 191,197 ----

#define DoorSpawnCode 0x9520

! #define LevelUpUpdateCode 0x9841

*** 181,187 ****

! #define sLootItemCode 0xa020

--- 199,205 ----

! #define sLootItemCode 0xa040

*** 191,205 ****

#define InspectDataCode 0xb640

! #define BookTextCode 0xce20

#define xTradeSpellBookSlotsCode 0xce41

#define BadCastCode 0xd321

! #define TradeItemOutCode 0xdf20

#define RandomCode 0xe741

--- 209,237 ----

+ #define cInspectPC 0xb540
+
#define InspectDataCode 0xb640

! #define BookTextCode 0xce40

#define xTradeSpellBookSlotsCode 0xce41

+ #define InitiateTradeCode 0xd140
+
#define BadCastCode 0xd321

! #define AcceptTradeCode 0xda40
!
! #define CancelTradeCode 0xdb40
!
! #define ConcludeTradeCode 0xdc40
!
! #define TradeItemOutCode 0xdf40
!
! #define TradeItemInfo 0xdf40
!
! #define TargetAndProximity 0xe640

#define RandomCode 0xe741

*** 215,220 ****

! #define cChatFiltersCode 0xff21

#endif // OPCODES_H
--- 247,252 ----

! #define cChatFiltersCode 0xff41

#endif // OPCODES_H
--- Cut --- Paste --- Cut --- Paste ---

Flotsam
10-25-2002, 03:08 PM
di28889, no, not all values increased by 0x0020. Many did, but not all.

SEQ User... this patch is missing many changes. We probably shouldn't use it :)

SEQ User
10-25-2002, 03:11 PM
This is against version 1.15 of opcodes.h on the CVS. Some of the stuff is from your work, some from others. If you CVS has even more than you have posted here, then by all means, please post it as a diff against 1.15