PDA

View Full Version : QT Change?

quester
10-18-2002, 10:36 AM
I had SEQ installed and running fine for a while now, but with the recent changes on Test Server, I decided to update to the newest, and fix the opcodes so I could have my GPS back at least (I was getting lost!).

However, now I can't get a make to kick off right. I get a bazillion errors in m_spawnshell.cpp, and the first one (that I can see.. it scrolls past the buffer real fast), is this:

m_spawnshell.cpp:18:2: #error "cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt."
m_spawnshell.cpp:19:2: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"
m_spawnshell.cpp:28: syntax error before `;' token

I'm using QT 2.3.2, which worked fine before. Has there been a change in that I need to upgrade to a new QT or something?

fryfrog
10-18-2002, 10:37 AM
have you updated your compile between then and now?

i would suggest just re-compiling qt-2.3.2 with your gcc-3.x again, and making sure you are compiling both with gcc-3.x.

quester
10-18-2002, 10:53 AM
I haven't touched the QT install since I originally set it up for SEQ, but I can kick off another compile on it before I head off to work (Takes forever on a 450mhz machine hehe).

Its just odd since nothing has changed between now and then :(

fryfrog
10-18-2002, 10:59 AM
did you set the QTDIR properly before ./configuring seq?

CC=gcc3 CXX=g++3 QTDIR=/usr/qt/2 ./configure

is approx how i did it.

quester
10-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Yes I had all 3 exported prior to configure and make. It is finding all 3 during the config, so that _shouldn't_ be the problem, although we all know how that works.

Running on 2 hours sleep isn't much help either :)

evilshorty
10-25-2002, 09:39 PM
I just updated and tried to recompile with the new opcodes and I'm getting the same error now =\ tried playing with all the export lines, no luck...

-Pure Evil... packed in a short little gnome

quester
10-26-2002, 09:58 AM
My problem was stupidity.

I had forgotten to do a make clean first.

evilshorty
10-26-2002, 10:14 AM
I wish that was my problem =\ I did a make clean and I still get the error.

quester
10-26-2002, 04:06 PM
Well I had also rebuilt QT, as was suggested. It may help you.

Unfortunately though it still won't work for me on Test. Not even mapping. I've made all the op code, and everquest.h struct changes, recompiled, and still nothing works for me anymore. Packets are all received and sent, with broken decode turned on... SEQ just won't display anything.

lane
10-28-2002, 11:00 AM
Just finished compiliing QT and SEQ. Works fine. Well, GPS works anyway.

This was my first compile of seq and qt on this computer and worked with very minor issues using the install.noob (or whatever it's called) in the showeq directory.

-Lane