PDA

View Full Version : many have this bug...please help !

Talon
10-19-2002, 02:56 AM
Okay now that I have finished installing everything, the CVS part seems to work, but I am getting this:

cvs -dserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
Logging in to server:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:
Unknown host cvs.seq.sourceforge.net.

Why does it attempt to log on then give me an unknown host error I wonder?

-------

This is the threat from Howdy, not mine. But i encounter exactly the same bug

Please help :-)))

Mr. Suspicious
10-19-2002, 04:13 AM
many have this bug

This is not a bug, not "many" have this (no clue how you come to this conclusion), this has been adressed a zillion times before aswell: It's internet and as with all things internet related:

servers "burp", servers go down for strange reasons, servers get flooded by a lot of users, more then the alllowed number of people are trying to establish a connection at the same time and there's a Truckload of other internet related reasons that can cause this.

Have a bit of patience and try again later.

And the code is:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

Read the ]FAQ (http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html[/url) or the install.newbies (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) file

Talon
10-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Thanks for confirming i am a stupid noob, but the bug still exits. It has nothing to do with internet connection which works perfect.

Logging in to server:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:
Unknown host cvs.seq.sourceforge.net.

Is the same problem with using your command line.

I think a lot of peeps have the same problems.

RedHat 7.2 here

I tried a lot of time on different days, always the same result. I work with 4.2.11 which is certainly out of date. This was the last version i was able to patch normaly.

high_jeeves
10-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Dont know what to tell you.. Your machine either isnt resolving the names correctly. You have a type-o, or you are behind some proxy that wont resolve that name. It works just fine from here.

--Jeeves

monster69
10-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Bah, caught my misread and deleted this msg.

Monster