PDA

View Full Version : Alternative SEQ for winbloz die-hards

potqueen
10-19-2002, 07:32 PM
I was an avid SEQ user when i played, and this is in no way a replacement, but for ppl who want less work and just spawn watching, la~

http://www.geocities.com/spawnwatch/

Wartrack
10-20-2002, 03:00 PM
Up until now only a few select friends have it, but as it is another way to shove it in VI/Sony's face im making it available AND open source.

might wanna remove that since you get no bragging rights for just reading the log file. :D

high_jeeves
10-20-2002, 03:25 PM
This is a really really complex way to do a 3 line shell script. Can anyone say tail, grep, esdplay? Hell, with grep he would get all the pattern matching he wanted instead of just the right hand side of the string...

Next up, he has a round thing that when put on its edge will go downhill with no effort. It is made from titanium and teflon. He is calling it "RoundThingOfDownhillRolling".

--Jeeves

JustACoder
10-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but this is in no way an alternate to SEQ...

potqueen
10-31-2002, 09:12 PM
You are not wrong, this program does no where near the amount of things ShowEQ does, but alot of people use SEQ specifically for watching for spawns. And alot of those people are linux n00bs, so here is their solution. Hell I dont even use SW, i use SEQ, but not everyone has a linux box and/or the knowledge to setup IP_MASQ etc.