PDA

View Full Version : s3d File format

Blaze
10-20-2002, 06:38 PM
I was wondering if any of the showeq devs had any information about loading s3d files. I would use EQInside, but I'm a linux user and the dll does not help me much.

From http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2000Q1/msg00057.php
it looks like s3d files are some form of a zLib compressed file, but when I try to extract them with zLib, it doesnt recognize the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cryonic
10-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Since a DLL is a Windows library, looking at it might still help (even under Linux) as you can find the functions that it has contained in it that are used to access the S3d file format.

Of course this might be a more appropriate question for the Hackersquest forums since that is where EQinside is distributed.

Blaze
10-20-2002, 08:52 PM
ya, I posted there, and the only reason I posted here was because I found a link where Ashran mentioned that s3d's were compressed with zlib. I then tried e-mailing the address listed but it bounced, so I posted here.

I tried looking at the header, but it didnt really provide much more information. Running strings on it returned the most info, which was a copy right notice about deflate/inflate compression which zlib provides.

Beyond that, I have no clue what to do with it.