PDA

View Full Version : waitring for cwebster's lock in ....

showeqnewb
10-21-2002, 06:15 PM
I tried updating SEQ and keep getting the message waiting for cwebster's lock in /cvsroot/seq/showeq

Any ideas?

ishap
10-21-2002, 06:32 PM
I am getting the same error

bonkersbobcat
10-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Are you on the development team?

If not, then you can not update CVS. You may, however, submit a patch. Searching on "diff patch" will return patch generation instructions http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1112.
After you submit your patch, post that you have done so and someone will look it over. If your patch works and is useful, it will get included into CVS.

If you are on the development team, then I can't help and thanks for your good work.

ishap
10-21-2002, 06:42 PM
No, no...not update the SEQ code in CVS...updating the version we are running. We are trying to download the latest version, but can't get in due to a lock. Seems as though someone else is logged in or something and has locked it for downloads.

showeqnewb
10-21-2002, 06:46 PM
I did a search on update... and cwebster and brings up a crapload the other brings up nothing.

I am trying to update SEQ on my machine

i typed the log in command then cvs -z3 update and get that mssg!

bonkersbobcat
10-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Sorry, I assumed that the lock you reported was a write lock. I tired downloading and got the same error. I am not on the dev team and don't have access to CVS. A dev team type will have to work on it.

linuxnooob
10-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Im getting the same lock message.

cvs server: [17:50:13] waiting for cwebster's lock in /cvsroot/seq/showeq

Trik
10-21-2002, 08:32 PM
I think i found the reason. (I am getting the same thing.) Notice the #cvs.lock/

File Rev. Age Author Last log entry
#cvs.lock/
conf/
doc/
maps/
src/
.cvsignore 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
BUGS 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
CHANGES 1.88 6 hours cwebster added some pop maps by HoiHoi
COPYING 1.1 4 months dohpaz 4.2.6, Many major changes.
FAQ 1.1 9 months cwebster added a FAQ file, modified libEQ search, read CHANGES
INSTALL 1.3 5 months dohpaz XML Preferences, GUI changes, bug fixes, patches, etc...
INSTALL.newbies 1.3 2 months ratt Mr. Suspicious INSTALL.newbies update
Makefile.am 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
Makefile.dist 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
README 1.2 5 months dohpaz XML Preferences, GUI changes, bug fixes, patches, etc...
README.libEQ 1.4 5 months dohpaz version 4.2.5, architectural changes, a couple patches, assorted bug fixes and t...
ROADMAP 1.2 4 months dohpaz 4.2.10, Assorted changes/fixes/updates
TODO 1.2 5 months dohpaz Persist category manager/MessageBox changes, fixed client fragment packet bug, F...
acinclude.m4 1.7 2 months fee qt3.0.5 support for autoconf scripts
conf.h.in 1.5 2 months fee EQPacket and NetDiags rework
configure.in 1.26 2 weeks fee forgot the version, 4.2.15
install-sh 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
missing 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
mkinstalldirs 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
showeq.1 1.1.1.1 10 months ratt ShowEQ v4.0.0
showeq.kdevprj 1.1 4 months dohpaz 4.2.7, many changes, see CHANGES file.
showeq.proj 1.1 3 months dohpaz 4.2.12, assorted patches, NPC walk path display/save, player inventory tweaks, a...
showeq.spec 1.2 9 months dohpaz unapplied patch #498562, applied patch #498938 and #498735, plus a new Z coordin...

Arrendek
10-21-2002, 09:49 PM
My guess would be that they are in the middle of patching it for the PoP changes, and won't allow downloads until they have fixed it all.. hopefully they have it up again soon :)

Arrendek
10-21-2002, 10:01 PM
My guess would be that they are in the middle of patching it for the PoP changes, and won't allow downloads until they have fixed it all.. hopefully they have it up again soon :)

lostinspace
10-22-2002, 04:57 AM
If you need to reinstall showEQ, and if you dont need very latest version, you can download

ShowEQ-4.2.15.tar.gz

from

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10131

Put it in /root/showeq , untar, and continue with compilation

UnGod
10-22-2002, 07:13 AM
CVS says it is waiting for a lock; what does that mean?
If you see a message like this

cvs update: [22:58:26] waiting for qsmith's lock in /usr/local/newrepos/myproj

it means you're trying to access a subdirectory of the repository that is locked by some other CVS process at the moment. A process is being run in that directory so it may not be in a consistent state for other CVS processes to use.

However, if the wait message persists for a long time, it probably means that a CVS process failed to clean up after itself, for whatever reason. It can happen when CVS dies suddenly and unexpectedly, say, due to a power failure on the repository machine.

The solution is to remove the lock files by hand from the repository subdirectory in question. Go into that part of the repository and look for files named #cvs.lock or that begin with #cvs.wfl or #cvs.rfl. Compare the file's timestamps with the start times of any currently running CVS processes. If the files could not possibly have been created by any of those processes, it's safe to delete them. The waiting CVS processes eventually notice when the lock files are gone - this should take about 30 seconds - and allow the requested operation to proceed.

domesticbeer
10-22-2002, 07:24 AM
just an fyi.

Cwebster was uploading maps. connection died. Cvs has yet to reset.

devs dont have access to cvs but through command line. SF. net has be asked to clear the locks.

We are just waiting on them to clear it.

baelang
10-22-2002, 12:00 PM
fyi2: good to go now.

p-brain
10-22-2002, 04:32 PM
After updating from Cvs I get this error during make.In file

g++3 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c spawnlist.cpp
In file included from packet.h:30,
from spawnlist.cpp:35:
opcodes.h:72: parse error before `<<' token
In file included from packet.h:42,
from spawnlist.cpp:35:
/usr/include/netinet/in_systm.h:39: parse error before `}' token
make[2]: *** [spawnlist.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I am kinda of new and I have been searching. bring on the flames baby.

Cryonic
10-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Did you edit opcodes.h before you downloaded the new version from cvs? If so, then DELETE your showeq directory and reget it from scratch.

Most likely patch tried to changed something that wasn't there anymore.

P.S. If you want to edit the code yourself, make a copy of it in a DIFFERENT directory and edit it there. That way you keep a good copy that can be kept up to date with CVS.