PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer

baelang
10-21-2002, 06:37 PM
I find myself with a lot of time on my hands lately. (recently laid-off)

So, i would like to volunteer my services. I haven't done much C code lately, been working mostly as a project manager for the past few years, but I am still top-notch at perl. I should be able to get back into C pretty quickly.

let me know what i can do.

E-mail address in my profile.

scar
10-22-2002, 02:58 PM
How about making an dmg parser that can handle alot more than the current one that is built in seq?

More options, sorting, handle other players / npc's

jeffo
10-22-2002, 05:46 PM
it's open source, grab it and go nuts, then submit your changes :)

Cryonic
10-22-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey, someone offers to do something if given any ideas on what. I sure would jump on them for some possible features or improvements.

As they say in another project I use, Hey RATT, we got a new soul for you to reap.

lovi
10-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Make registration of DKP systems automatic!

1) make a list by selecting people of your guild -> into database
2) x/y/x coordinates of raid players and if x/y/z = same as x/y/z 10 minutes ago, they are flagged afk until movement, getting no DKP
3) use distances up to a certain number to see who actually is at the raid and not at the zone
4) database with boss mobs, you can select as target for your raid when mob dead -> give dkp
5) hand out certain dkp based on time spend etc
6) etc whatever is needed.

Information send to the EQ client is basicly enough to make a very very extensive automatic registration progress of DKP/Raids

NobodyImportant
10-23-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by lovi
Make registration of DKP systems automatic!

1) make a list by selecting people of your guild -> into database
2) x/y/x coordinates of raid players and if x/y/z = same as x/y/z 10 minutes ago, they are flagged afk until movement, getting no DKP
3) use distances up to a certain number to see who actually is at the raid and not at the zone
4) database with boss mobs, you can select as target for your raid when mob dead -> give dkp
5) hand out certain dkp based on time spend etc
6) etc whatever is needed.

Information send to the EQ client is basicly enough to make a very very extensive automatic registration progress of DKP/Raids

Explain that one to your guild mates... "I deducted 1 DKP because my ShowEQ says you were not moving for 10 minutes"

As for the original posters qestion: Maybe see if you can tackle some of the feature requests that users post.

Gullork
10-24-2002, 11:50 AM
Maybe have an option as to what information you want logged to the spawn log, or log everything like type(pc,npc),race, class, etc and let others filter out what they don't need.

baelang
10-24-2002, 02:05 PM
It will be a while before i make any changes. first i want to get more familiar with the codebase. so i figure a week or two for that.

Then i plan to work on the PvP map bugs, since i found those. And i would like to work on more customization of the map display and spawnlist display. things like user selectable colors and icons for players, group members, corpses, drops, and so on. most of the code for this is already there, just need to write functions in the right places to call them and update the config files and config file handeling maybe.

on a PvP server, sometimes those big yellow boxes for player corpses overwhelp all other map information. especially close to the spires.

anyway, just because i say i want to work on these areas shouldn't stop anyone else from working on them. who knows how long it will take me.

NobodyImportant
10-24-2002, 04:30 PM
crossing my fingers for your success :)

casey
10-24-2002, 04:51 PM
lovi: the movement idea wont work, unless you can stay pretty close to every person in your raid. EQ does not send updates of player locations unless they are within a certain distance of yourself.

Blaze
10-24-2002, 05:21 PM
one thing that may be interesting is to take note of new mob spawns, and then see what just died in the zone. Store that info, and then the next time that mob spawns see which of the same previous spawns that died before died this time too. You could slowly filter out what spawns cause another spawn.