PDA

View Full Version : nOOb Q

jeffc02
10-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Please tell me from scratch how to get a quik fix so I can get maps and position up at least. when I say scratch I mean from terminal, with commands and prompts. My connection is on vacation and challenged me to figure this out before he gets back next week.
I would appreciate a step by step, as I run an early version of seq on rh7.2.

It was said that if you have linux and want to learn then I would get help from the Pros.

Im not getting PoP until this thing is running maps and position at least.

Be gentle!

Mr. Suspicious
10-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Step 1: Read the Preface section of this document: http://www.smoothwall.org/download/pdf/docs/0.9.9/doc.faq.pdf

Step 2: Apply newly acquired knowledge.

jeffc02
10-22-2002, 03:56 PM
Posted again on help forum. I knew I'd get a response like that. Help, dont bash.

Oid
10-22-2002, 08:04 PM
Hmm... search.

RavenCT
10-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Gee, I just read a couple of the posts here, followed the instructions that someone else was kinds enough to type up, recompiled, wash, rinse, etc... and have it up (in GPS mode, no decode of course) with out too much of a problem...

I don't know what posts your looking at, but I didn't have too much of a problem :eek:

Musashi
10-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by jeffc02
Posted again on help forum. I knew I'd get a response like that. Help, dont bash.

I knew if I put my hand on that hot stove, it'd burn me.. so I did it anyway.. :confused:

What you're really looking for is someone to spend their time putting up a step-by-step procedure on how to fix your problem. It's already been done, only you have to SEARCH for it..

I'm not a hardcore coder, but I managed to a) find the posts talking about fixes, b) apply that knowledge to the problem, and c) get it working. CRAZY!

SomeNecro
10-23-2002, 02:24 AM
Hey, Musashi knows the alphabet!*

hehe, sorry bro, your post was just too funny! I couldn't not post!

SomeNecro Somewhere

*edit: apparently I don't tho!

Musashi
10-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Would you rather I use numbers, smartass? :D

RavenCT
10-24-2002, 09:04 AM
I got it! Just keep posting and posting and posting till someone comes over your house and fixes it for you!

DebianSEQ
10-24-2002, 11:13 AM
There are complete working fixes in the development forum.

jeffc02
10-24-2002, 07:49 PM
Read up and stop replying to shit that happened days ago bro. You were a day late and a dollar short on that witty comeback.

Hey, Raven, I gotta piss and need someone to shake it for me...Please hurry.

RavenCT
10-25-2002, 07:19 AM
Read up and stop replying to shit that happened days ago bro. You were a day late and a dollar short on that witty comeback.

Hey, Raven, I gotta piss and need someone to shake it for me...Please hurry.

Exsqueeze me? Well, if you had read up, you would have noticed that I HAD posted on the same that that you posted your question. If your going to flame someone, make sure you get it right.

The second post was for entertainment value, if you had been posting here longer than since August of this year (which is when you registered) you might have gotten that.

/Sigh

Originally posted by RavenCT
Gee, I just read a couple of the posts here, followed the instructions that someone else was kinds enough to type up, recompiled, wash, rinse, etc... and have it up (in GPS mode, no decode of course) with out too much of a problem...

I don't know what posts your looking at, but I didn't have too much of a problem

Oh, and it was within 6 hours of your post... This was more of a "hey, the stuff out there works"... Now if I had to explain that to you, well, I'll let everyone else draw their own conclusions...

"To start, press any key... Where's the any key?"

jeffc02
10-25-2002, 11:18 AM
/apologize

JustACoder
10-25-2002, 07:05 PM
Please tell me from scratch how to get a quik fix so I can get maps and position up at least. when I say scratch I mean from terminal, with commands and prompts. My connection is on vacation and challenged me to figure this out before he gets back next week.
I would appreciate a step by step, as I run an early version of seq on rh7.2.

It was said that if you have linux and want to learn then I would get help from the Pros.

Im not getting PoP until this thing is running maps and position at least.

Be gentle!

"Housekeeping fluff your Linux Box?"

as many have said SEARCH, but it seems that more and more around here people don't know how to search. I'm assuming that since your running rh7.2 your running a crappy processor.... the folks that work on the coding have updating the cvs a little.... i'm gonna give you a link, now heres the hard part... CLICK THE LINK!

http://www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=275

okay you with me so far?

scroll down to the bottom of the page , another tricky part scroll up till you see "Updating ShowEQ from CVS" ....... there you go step by step instructions, if you can't fix it you shouldn't be running SEQ.

*EDIT: Now of course I forgot you have to know your GCC version, to do this open up your console and hit gcc and hit tab... your going to be shown your version.. write that down and continue.